Author Topic: Please tell me just how good was Jeff Green last night? Didn't get to Watch..  (Read 6100 times)

Offline esel1000

• Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 587
Its truly amazing how much he did on both ends of the floor last night

Offline Jon

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 385
Going back and looking at the highlights again, it really seems like Green has learned a lot of from Pierce and it really started to show last night.  Some of those jumpers near the elbows at 16-18 feet, were very reminiscent of Pierce's herky-jerky moves. 

More importantly, unlike some games, he not only drove to the basket, but seemed more concerned about drawing fouls (a clear Pierce trait) than actually hitting the shot.  Too often Green seems to shy away from contact--not because he's scared--but because he doesn't want the contact to alter his shot.  This leads to awkward angels and fade-aways.  Last night, he just drove to the basket, drew contact, and chucked it up at the rim (at one point, even backwards).  This is what he needs to be doing nightly.

Also loved the blocks and assists.  This shows just how valuable he can potentially be.   
« Last Edit: February 23, 2013, 12:42:50 PM by Jon »

Offline RIPRED

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 63
Sadly I missed the game last night and didn't set the DVR. Pretty surprised when I saw his stat line. Looks like he dominated, but since I didn't watch I can't really say. Also heard it was by far his best game as a Celtic. Statistically it would seem that was the case.

Anyways what were some impressions of his performance last night?

CSNE is replaying the game at 2 if you're around today. Or you could set DVR.

Offline hwangjini_1

• Kevin Garnett
  • Tommy Points: 2661
  • bammokja
just to add the good points above, green looked much more confident in his offensive game and was aggressive. all good and his shots were falling from all locations.

his defense is still not as good as it should be given his physical abilities. at times he played adequate to ok defense. but at other times he simply missed switches or was beaten by opponents.

over all, he is looking much better.
I believe Gandhi is the only person who knew about real democracy — not democracy as the right to go and buy what you want, but democracy as the responsibility to be accountable to everyone around you. Democracy begins with freedom from hunger, freedom from unemployment, freedom from fear, and freedom from hatred.
- Vandana Shiva

Offline jayhovaone

• Brad Stevens
  • Tommy Points: 22
He was truly a man amongst boys yesterday his perfomance was a dominating one and that is putting it lightly.  Doc and even pierce let the offense run through green last night and they didn't just have him sit in the corner and shoot threes. People might say i'm crazy but his post up game is better than lebrons and green will get better.  I believe if rondo does come bck to this team that he (rondo) will have to change his game.

Offline scaryjerry

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 175
His game last night was one of the more dominating games I've seen this season by anyone, including LeBron. He was that good. A truely impressive performance.

You're going a bit far with this comment, sorry.
Lebron dominates more then Jeff did last night...every single game

Offline Kane3387

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 944
  • Intensity!!!
Sadly I missed the game last night and didn't set the DVR. Pretty surprised when I saw his stat line. Looks like he dominated, but since I didn't watch I can't really say. Also heard it was by far his best game as a Celtic. Statistically it would seem that was the case.

Anyways what were some impressions of his performance last night?

CSNE is replaying the game at 2 if you're around today. Or you could set DVR.

Yeah I just checked. I live in NJ and my directTV doesn't get that channel. I wish League Pass would show re-runs.

Thanks for the information though.

KG: "Dude.... What is up with yo shorts?!"

CBD_2016 Cavs Remaining Picks - 14.14

Offline CelticConcourse

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 383
  • Jeff Green
He really does have three traits that y'all underrate.

Three point shooting.
Blocking.
Posting up.
Jeff Green - Top 5 SF

[Kevin Garnett]
"I've always said J. Green is going to be one of the best players to ever play this game"

Offline WeMadeIt17

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 435
He looked really good. Blocking 5 shots was really nice. But i was impressed with his jumper. Hitting from everywhere which is really great cause haven't seen him take to many jumpers outside of 3's in the corner and post up fadeaways. Do I see him doing that every night? No can he do half of that every night. DEF! For sure he can avg. 15 ppg and 5 rpg.

Offline Evantime34

• NCE
  • Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 764
  • Eagerly Awaiting the Next Fantasy Draft
He was the best player on the court by far. He was too fast for every player that guarded him, so they left him space and he used this space to knock down almost every jumper he took, essentially making him unguardable.
DKC:  Rockets
CB Draft: Memphis Grizz
Players: Klay Thompson, Jabari Parker, Aaron Gordon
Next 3 picks: 4.14, 4.15, 4.19

Offline twistedrico14

• Payton Pritchard
  • Tommy Points: 8
He proved once again that he is an excellent two-way player. We are very lucky that Danny didn't move him, that would have been a huge mistake. I would not move him for Josh Smith, no way.

Offline CelticConcourse

• Paul Silas
  • Jeff Green
I can only say, it was bound to happen sometime. I expected it, and also expect him to have more thirty point games this season. Lets go Green!
Jeff Green - Top 5 SF

[Kevin Garnett]
"I've always said J. Green is going to be one of the best players to ever play this game"

Offline kozlodoev

• NCE
  • Kevin Garnett
  • Tommy Points: 1294
I can only say, it was bound to happen sometime. I expected it, and also expect him to have more thirty point games this season. Lets go Green!
He was great last night. I was only a bit concerned that he only has one move to the basket and that's going right. I wonder when other teams will catch up on that.
"I don't know half of you half as well as I should like; and I like less than half of you half as well as you deserve."

Offline BudweiserCeltic

• Dennis Johnson
  • Tommy Points: 1818
He was great last night. I was only a bit concerned that he only has one move to the basket and that's going right. I wonder when other teams will catch up on that.

As long as people respect his shot, not sure if it'll matter much, particularly since he usually can out-quicken his defender.

Offline CelticConcourse

• Paul Silas
  • Jeff Green

As long as people respect his shot, not sure if it'll matter much, particularly since he usually can out-quicken his defender.

That's probably the quote of his career.

"Stronger tha 3s, faster than 4s"
Only a LeBron guy matches up perfectly against him. A 6'9" SF.
Jeff Green - Top 5 SF

[Kevin Garnett]