Author Topic: Please tell me just how good was Jeff Green last night? Didn't get to Watch..  (Read 6103 times)

Offline Kane3387

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 944
  • Intensity!!!
Sadly I missed the game last night and didn't set the DVR. Pretty surprised when I saw his stat line. Looks like he dominated, but since I didn't watch I can't really say. Also heard it was by far his best game as a Celtic. Statistically it would seem that was the case.

Anyways what were some impressions of his performance last night?

KG: "Dude.... What is up with yo shorts?!"

CBD_2016 Cavs Remaining Picks - 14.14

Offline rondohondo

• NCE
  • Danny Ainge
  • Tommy Points: 1196

Offline celtics2

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 42
Is this the beginning of a Bradley 2 surprise where one comes in and ignites the team? I think if we sit Pierce next, we'd make the finals with this formula.

Offline Lightskinsmurf

• NCE
  • Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 134
I'm glad you acknowledge that stats don't always tell the whole story. In this case tho, it does.

Offline Snakehead

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 448
I'm glad you acknowledge that stats don't always tell the whole story. In this case tho, it does.

Exactly.  He was just so efficient and active on both sides of the floor.  He shot lights out.
"I really don't want people to understand me." - Jordan Crawford

Offline CoachBo

• NCE
  • Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 336
That was precisely what Jeff Green could do in OKC - when he could pry the basketball out of Durant and Westbrook's hands.

Which is why trying to measure his performance with the Thunder with numbers and those idiotic sabremetrics are fool's gold.

One of the many interesting storylines as this season winds down will be watching Green's performance, as the heart surgery moves further behind him and he hopefully gets more minutes.
Coined the CelticsBlog term, "Euromistake."

Offline LooseCannon

• NCE
  • Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 950
He played well enough that if someone started a "Will Jeff Green score 40 points in a game" thread, I wouldn't scoff.
"The worst thing that ever happened in sports was sports radio, and the internet is sports radio on steroids with lower IQs.” -- Brian Burke, former Toronto Maple Leafs senior adviser, at the 2013 MIT Sloan Sports Analytics Conference

Offline LB3533

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 315
I can say that Jeff Green's 31 points was one of the easiest 31 points I have ever witnessed.

It was a combination of the Suns' defense and just Jeff Green's attitude and play style. Jeff's game is pretty smooth and fluid....his game just "flows".

The best aspects of Jeff's game last night, were his ability to get to the rim and draw fouls and his defensive impact.

Our team defense was pretty good, Doc had a good strategy flipping on and off between man defense and zone, Jeff was able to roam a little bit and get his hands on a lot of balls (sounds weird, but whatever).

Offensively, Green displayed his attack the rim game in the 1st half. In the 2nd half he changed it up and started drilling his out side jumpers. Most of the outside shots were hitting nothing but the net.

It was a great overall display of his Green's game, on both sides of the ball.

But one of the key thing is that it allowed Pierce to also have some time off (virtually, 25 "easy" min for the Cap).

Offline ItStaysYang

• Jrue Holiday
  • Tommy Points: 25
Sadly I missed the game last night and didn't set the DVR. Pretty surprised when I saw his stat line. Looks like he dominated, but since I didn't watch I can't really say. Also heard it was by far his best game as a Celtic. Statistically it would seem that was the case.

Why make this post? Why not look at highlights or read what's already been written?

Attention?

Offline jayhovaone

• Brad Stevens
  • Tommy Points: 22
That was precisely what Jeff Green could do in OKC - when he could pry the basketball out of Durant and Westbrook's hands.

Which is why trying to measure his performance with the Thunder with numbers and those idiotic sabremetrics are fool's gold.

One of the many interesting storylines as this season winds down will be watching Green's performance, as the heart surgery moves further behind him and he hopefully gets more minutes.

Harden is a beast but he took a back seat to westbrook and durant and averaged only 16pts a game last year he gets his own team and he is putting up better numbers than westbrook.  Green went from a situation in okc where he was the third option sometimes fourth to bostn where the ball died in rondo's hands and he was the fith option on this team behind 3 hall of famers and a allstar pg in rondo.  Green has always had the potential to be a beast and when the offense gets a chance to run through him he plays extremely well.  In the games at okc where durant didn't play he averaged 28points per game it was only like a 4 game sample but green is definately capable of big big tings.  When pierce is gone you will then see what he can do.   

Offline Kane3387

• Don Nelson
  • Intensity!!!

Why make this post? Why not look at highlights or read what's already been written?

Attention?

Attention? On a virtual blog? Lol just stop.

B/c highlights can be misleading and there is little emotion in articles. I wanted to see what some of the fans thought that watched it. It's a different insight and perspective coming from a fan then a reporter. More hype. More delusion. Also some with more negativity and hate then a reporter would give.

Just don't post if you don't like the thread. Not a big deal.

Offline BudweiserCeltic

• Dennis Johnson
  • Tommy Points: 1818
His game last night was one of the more dominating games I've seen this season by anyone, including LeBron. He was that good. A truely impressive performance.

A few problems defensively with rotations, mainly because we had Bass playing center, so the communication wasn't there, but man the game was awesome. And he only took 14 shots (went to the line 7 times), nothing really forced, all in the flow of the offense, which makes the performance even that more impressive in my opinion.

They tried multiple defenders on him, and he made everyone look 3rd rate.

Now, if we could only play the Suns 82 games in a row...

Offline Kane3387

• Don Nelson
  • Intensity!!!
I can say that Jeff Green's 31 points was one of the easiest 31 points I have ever witnessed.

It was a combination of the Suns' defense and just Jeff Green's attitude and play style. Jeff's game is pretty smooth and fluid....his game just "flows".

The best aspects of Jeff's game last night, were his ability to get to the rim and draw fouls and his defensive impact.

Our team defense was pretty good, Doc had a good strategy flipping on and off between man defense and zone, Jeff was able to roam a little bit and get his hands on a lot of balls (sounds weird, but whatever).

Offensively, Green displayed his attack the rim game in the 1st half. In the 2nd half he changed it up and started drilling his out side jumpers. Most of the outside shots were hitting nothing but the net.

It was a great overall display of his Green's game, on both sides of the ball.

But one of the key thing is that it allowed Pierce to also have some time off (virtually, 25 "easy" min for the Cap).

Thanks and TP.

This is what I was kind of looking for. No article or anything I read really talked about how Phoenix played him. Highlights only show a small clip of him doing stuff and it's only making shots.

Sounds like he played according to this post effectively on defense too. That's great. It was never a discussion whether Green was a starter caliber player. Just look at other guys who start on teams and you know he is worthy of that.

It was whether he could be an All-Star player. I think when aggressive he is on that level. Definitely was last night.

I also think that as his role grows, his confidence grows, and the surgery is father behind him that he will make his contract look like a bargain. DA might have two All-star caliber players on this roster over the next two years being paid less then a combined 20 mill. Really impressive.

Offline Kane3387

• Don Nelson
  • Intensity!!!
His game last night was one of the more dominating games I've seen this season by anyone, including LeBron. He was that good. A truely impressive performance.

A few problems defensively with rotations, mainly because we had Bass playing center, so the communication wasn't there, but man the game was awesome. And he only took 14 shots (went to the line 7 times), nothing really forced, all in the flow of the offense, which makes the performance even that more impressive in my opinion.

They tried multiple defenders on him, and he made everyone look 3rd rate.

Now, if we could only play the Suns 82 games in a row...

TP

Offline Kane3387

• Don Nelson
  • Intensity!!!

Harden is a beast but he took a back seat to westbrook and durant and averaged only 16pts a game last year he gets his own team and he is putting up better numbers than westbrook.  Green went from a situation in okc where he was the third option sometimes fourth to bostn where the ball died in rondo's hands and he was the fith option on this team behind 3 hall of famers and a allstar pg in rondo.  Green has always had the potential to be a beast and when the offense gets a chance to run through him he plays extremely well.  In the games at okc where durant didn't play he averaged 28points per game it was only like a 4 game sample but green is definately capable of big big tings.  When pierce is gone you will then see what he can do.

Yeah in OKC a lot of these guys have more ability then their system and role allows them to display. Serge is still going through it. Harden and Green both did.  It's why I think Scott Brooks will be fired soon. Much like Mike Brown his offense is too iso-oriented.

When OKC decides to play more of a Spurs oriented offense, like they have played the last three years, and like we are playing currently then they will truly be special.

I hope Doc keeps expanding Green's role.

The offense has been very fluid lately. It's good basketball. I think when Rondo is back he will buy in to this style and we will be very dangerous next season.