Author Topic: Did the enthusiasm for our team just take a big hit?  (Read 1876 times)

Did the enthusiasm for our team just take a big hit?
« on: February 23, 2013, 09:57:48 AM »

Offline OhioGreen

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 55
Is it just me, or did the interest in our team just go way down after the trade deadline. Seems like the forums are really dead!
Maybe it's because half the fans were wanting Danny to go "all in" and bring in someone that could help us better our long shot at a title this year, and the other half were hoping to "blow it up" and see what we got for KG and PP and follow a total rebuild.
Since neither of these happened, and we're just kinda hanging out there sort of directionless fans don't have anything to really grab on to! Like we're just going thru the motions!
Thoughts? I'm trying to get enthused about TWill and JC, but I also feel like "what are we doing?".

Re: Did the enthusiasm for our team just take a big hit?
« Reply #1 on: February 23, 2013, 09:59:30 AM »

Offline rondohondo

• NCE
  • Danny Ainge
  • Tommy Points: 1196
it's Saturday, a lot of people are still sleeping . It always gets way busier around the deadline anyways , and then drops off until about April .

« Reply #2 on: February 23, 2013, 10:01:27 AM »

Offline Bahku

• CB HOF Editor
  • Bill Sharman
  • Tommy Points: 3632
  • Oe ma krr pamtseotu
Interest and activity here always peaks at trade deadlines, and drops off afterward ... it's nothing new or unusual, (next big peak will be late July).
2010 PAPOUG, 2012 & 2017 PAPTYG CHAMP, HD BOT

* BAHKU MUSIC *

« Reply #3 on: February 23, 2013, 10:03:59 AM »

Offline bello_man09

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 244
  • "Celtic for life" REBUILD OR TANK
i  am really  excited about williams, he has impressed me in 2 games already....i didn't know he was 6-6..he looks 6-3 but he actually really playing well..i can't wait till he starts attacking the basket...

« Reply #4 on: February 23, 2013, 10:06:54 AM »

Online SCeltic34

• JoJo White
  • Tommy Points: 1956
There seemed to be a lot of people in the game thread last night.

« Reply #5 on: February 23, 2013, 10:07:00 AM »

Offline billysan

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 178
Let us not forget that spring training exhibition games have just started. Plenty of folks taking a look at MLB I will bet. The only Celtic news that is gonna be hot on the forums is who (if any) we sign off the buyout and overseas FA pile in the weeks leading up to playoff time.

Really nothing to discuss except game by game stuff. The dream time trade scenarios are worthless as topics now arent they?
"First fix their hearts" -Eizo Shimabuku

« Reply #6 on: February 23, 2013, 10:08:12 AM »

Offline ScottHow

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 354
  • It's what I do! It's who I am!
Trade deadlines are usually pretty crazy.

I also have to say I'm pretty pumped I now have a young player to overrate in my own head(crawford)  :)

« Reply #7 on: February 23, 2013, 10:09:56 AM »

Offline saltlover

• Frank Ramsey
  • Tommy Points: 2619
Interest and activity here always peaks at trade deadlines, and drops off afterward ... it's nothing new or unusual, (next big peak will be late July).

I'd imagine we have a peak around the draft this year.  I think that will be a very active time for trades.

« Reply #8 on: February 23, 2013, 10:19:05 AM »

Offline PhoSita

• NCE
  • Robert Parish
  • Tommy Points: 2182
I think there definitely will be something of a post-deadline hangover, as there often is.

It may be especially pronounced this year, though, because like you said, I think some people were hoping for a change -- any change at all, and there wasn't really one.

So it may take some time to accept that what you see is what you get with this team, at least until the summer if not beyond. 
You’ll have to excuse my lengthiness—the reason I dread writing letters is because I am so apt to get to slinging wisdom & forget to let up. Thus much precious time is lost.
- Mark Twain

« Reply #9 on: February 23, 2013, 10:20:13 AM »

Offline Evantime34

• NCE
  • Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 764
  • Eagerly Awaiting the Next Fantasy Draft
to me the most fervent discussion has to do with roster construction. Now that the roster is all set (well it will be after we sign some FA's) there is less to discuss.
DKC:  Rockets
CB Draft: Memphis Grizz
Players: Klay Thompson, Jabari Parker, Aaron Gordon
Next 3 picks: 4.14, 4.15, 4.19

« Reply #10 on: February 23, 2013, 10:22:26 AM »

Online Roy H.

• Forums Manager
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: -25636
  • Bo Knows: Joe Don't Know Diddley
If forums activity is down, my guess would be that's because people are proposing fewer trade proposals.

I'M THE SILVERBACK GORILLA IN THIS MOTHER——— AND DON'T NONE OF YA'LL EVER FORGET IT!@ 34 minutes

« Reply #11 on: February 23, 2013, 10:46:42 AM »

Offline LB3533

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 315
Our roster was dropping like flies. We had lost 3 people.....

We just added 2 guys that look like they can play so that is like 2 big bonuses to our club.

I am not sure how they will play in the playoff type of atmosphere, but our bench could really use some help after losing Barbosa.

« Reply #12 on: February 23, 2013, 11:56:16 AM »

Offline celtics2

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 42
It's called CYA. That's what DA did. He looked good though. Excellent posturing. Nice front. Fooled everyone, by fence sitting. Now no one...........can blame........him. He will go down as one of the Great's. It's so simple to claim credit these days even if not earned. Throw in Doc as a Great Coach also. Put these 2 in similar positions with Miami and they would make em a lottery team in 2 Seasons. Hey that's what we are! Great!

« Reply #13 on: February 23, 2013, 12:13:20 PM »

Offline csfansince60s

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 2238
Last night in the post-game, Tanguay was commenting how many tweets, texts, etc came in about people being disappointed that Danny didn't make a big trade. I think that's part of it.

I was/am disappointed, too, but not that he didn't make a big trade, but that he didn't make a trade for a big. And I'm not just talking at the deadline, but in the two month window prior to the deadline, before the injuries, when we had the assets/bodies to spare.

At the deadline, especially due to all the injuries, Ainge either didn't have the assets (to get someone like Gortat)or was acting far too late on someone like Dalembert, and their value had risen out of reach of what we could spare.

« Reply #14 on: February 23, 2013, 12:32:02 PM »

Offline nickagneta

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 8794
  • President of Jaylen Brown Fan Club
Trade deadline is done and the team is on the West Coast playing late night and its a weekend. Activity should be down slightly.