Author Topic: Avery Bradley  (Read 7192 times)

Re: Avery Bradley
« Reply #45 on: February 22, 2013, 01:08:23 AM »

Offline wahz

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 101
Yeah it's weird because he was a really solid finisher last year. To me though, any offensive game from him is a plus, he's an impact defensive player.

yeah its weird he looks awkward at times after, you know, double shoulder surgery less than 9 months ago

« Reply #46 on: February 22, 2013, 01:59:13 AM »

Offline colincb

• NCE
  • Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 501
deleted

« Reply #47 on: February 22, 2013, 02:01:00 AM »

Offline colincb

• NCE
  • Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 501
Some might want to go back and look at the Draft Express writeups on Bradley. His strengths and weaknesses noted then are pretty much the same we've seen from him.  Elite defender, decent mid-range shot, weak finisher, weak long range shooter, not a playmaker etc.

Sounds spot on to me. I doesn't say anywhere "franchise savior". Where are all the people who thought he was the key to turning our season around? Yep, an undersized SG with limited offensive skills was going to save us  ::)

Have you not watched the Celtics the past few weeks?  Even without Rondo and going through a gauntlet of really good teams, they went on a winning streak.

The problem with the team was dribble penetration and perimeter defense and guess what Bradleys best talents are?  Stopping dribble penetration and perimeter defense.

If you really haven't seen the difference in the team, I don't know what to tell you.  They're allowing something ridiculous like 10 less points per 100 possessions since Bradley returned.  That's the equivalent of going from worst in the league to best in the league.  Granted part of that was also Rondos fault and Green/Terry/Barbosa/Lee finally catching on, but to act like Bradley hasn't made a massive impact is quite frankly, beyond stupid.

Please try watching some games before commenting in the future.

Some might want to go back and look at the Draft Express writeups on Bradley. His strengths and weaknesses noted then are pretty much the same we've seen from him.  Elite defender, decent mid-range shot, weak finisher, weak long range shooter, not a playmaker etc.
Except this is not the case at all.  Last year when he was healthy he was a great, not good, great, finisher around the rim.  He also showed that if you give him a pick he can blow by anyone.  Remember the Hawks game?  He and Bass almost beat the playoff team Hawks without any of the Big 3 playing. 

Some of you are just ridiculous.  I honestly have no idea what you guys have watched the past two years, because it's apparent to anyone with a brainstem the potential Bradley is oozing.  He's been derailed by some unfortunate injuries which is a legitimate concern and another story to argue, but he has shown 3rd tier star potential in the mold of Curry, Deng, Ibaka, etc.

He's playing through a recovery of double surgery, is only 22, has never had a training camp, and has shown consistently dominant defense and streaks of being a competent 3 point shooter, great off the ball cutter, solid midrange shot, and the ability to get to the rim against anyone.  He also has the best pull up jumper of anyone on the team not named Terry, Pierce, or KG.
His 3FG% for playoffs and regular season last year was 33% and it's 30% so far this year. He has bad streaks and good streaks, but he's still a poor 3 point shooter and he wasn't a good one in college either with its shorter distance.

His offensive points per possession per Synergy Sports was 469th, 164th, and 306th for his 1st-3rd regular seasons. There are 150 starters in the NBA. He was also the second worst for NBA efficiency in the playoffs last year for players getting 20+ minutes per game. The numbers speak for themselves.  He is a better than average spot/rtythm shooter from the mid-range, but that's about it as things he does well offensively.

I've never said anything negative about his defense which is elite IMO. He's ranked 7th best in points allowed defensively by Synergy Sports, up from 29th last year, and 42nd as a rookie (which is remarkable).

« Reply #48 on: February 22, 2013, 09:35:30 AM »

Offline tonyto3690

• Al Horford
  • Tommy Points: 39

Sounds spot on to me. I doesn't say anywhere "franchise savior". Where are all the people who thought he was the key to turning our season around? Yep, an undersized SG with limited offensive skills was going to save us  ::)

Have you not watched the Celtics the past few weeks?  Even without Rondo and going through a gauntlet of really good teams, they went on a winning streak.

The problem with the team was dribble penetration and perimeter defense and guess what Bradleys best talents are?  Stopping dribble penetration and perimeter defense.

If you really haven't seen the difference in the team, I don't know what to tell you.  They're allowing something ridiculous like 10 less points per 100 possessions since Bradley returned.  That's the equivalent of going from worst in the league to best in the league.  Granted part of that was also Rondos fault and Green/Terry/Barbosa/Lee finally catching on, but to act like Bradley hasn't made a massive impact is quite frankly, beyond stupid.

Please try watching some games before commenting in the future.

Except this is not the case at all.  Last year when he was healthy he was a great, not good, great, finisher around the rim.  He also showed that if you give him a pick he can blow by anyone.  Remember the Hawks game?  He and Bass almost beat the playoff team Hawks without any of the Big 3 playing. 

Some of you are just ridiculous.  I honestly have no idea what you guys have watched the past two years, because it's apparent to anyone with a brainstem the potential Bradley is oozing.  He's been derailed by some unfortunate injuries which is a legitimate concern and another story to argue, but he has shown 3rd tier star potential in the mold of Curry, Deng, Ibaka, etc.

He's playing through a recovery of double surgery, is only 22, has never had a training camp, and has shown consistently dominant defense and streaks of being a competent 3 point shooter, great off the ball cutter, solid midrange shot, and the ability to get to the rim against anyone.  He also has the best pull up jumper of anyone on the team not named Terry, Pierce, or KG.
His 3FG% for playoffs and regular season last year was 33% and it's 30% so far this year. He has bad streaks and good streaks, but he's still a poor 3 point shooter and he wasn't a good one in college either with its shorter distance.

His offensive points per possession per Synergy Sports was 469th, 164th, and 306th for his 1st-3rd regular seasons. There are 150 starters in the NBA. He was also the second worst for NBA efficiency in the playoffs last year for players getting 20+ minutes per game. The numbers speak for themselves.  He is a better than average spot/rtythm shooter from the mid-range, but that's about it as things he does well offensively.

I've never said anything negative about his defense which is elite IMO. He's ranked 7th best in points allowed defensively by Synergy Sports, up from 29th last year, and 42nd as a rookie (which is remarkable).

So the entirety of your argument is based off when he was a backup PG playing 15 MPG and when he was playing with two dislocated shoulders.    IIRC when he was starting he shot over 50% from three.

Come on.  Use some freaking common sense.

Yeah it's weird because he was a really solid finisher last year. To me though, any offensive game from him is a plus, he's an impact defensive player.

yeah its weird he looks awkward at times after, you know, double shoulder surgery less than 9 months ago
TP

THANK YOU.  It's nice seeing someone have some freaking common sense.  It's mindblowing how knee jerk people can be, demanding instantaneous gratification.  It's all about the ESPN highlights for "fans" nowadays.

« Reply #49 on: February 22, 2013, 09:48:07 AM »

Offline kozlodoev

• NCE
  • Kevin Garnett
  • Tommy Points: 1294

TP

THANK YOU.  It's nice seeing someone have some freaking common sense.  It's mindblowing how knee jerk people can be, demanding instantaneous gratification.  It's all about the ESPN highlights for "fans" nowadays.
Here's a piece of common sense: when you have no ability to finish in traffic, you should stop taking the ball to the rack!
"I don't know half of you half as well as I should like; and I like less than half of you half as well as you deserve."

« Reply #50 on: February 23, 2013, 02:54:15 AM »

Offline Celtics18

• Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 1469
TP LarBird33,

Have you been talking to Doc Rivers?

Jeff Green:  Starting power forward, 38 minutes, best game of the year, big win.

Oops, posted this in the wrong thread. 
DKC Seventy-Sixers:

PG: G. Hill/D. Schroder
SG: C. Lee/B. Hield/T. Luwawu
SF:  Giannis/J. Lamb/M. Kuzminskas
PF:  E. Ilyasova/J. Jerebko/R. Christmas
C:    N. Vucevic/K. Olynyk/E. Davis/C. Jefferson