Author Topic: DJ White  (Read 4317 times)

Re: DJ White
« Reply #45 on: February 22, 2013, 01:13:03 PM »

Offline Geo123

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 33
2. A guard that can attack the basket.  He does not necessarily need to be a great shooter from the outside.  Think Aaron Brooks.  He is now the third-string pg in Sactown.  Hopefully, he gets bought out.
Hello, my name is Jordan Crawford.

exactly, that's why he was picked up.  He can create his own shot and make something happen offesively...  Now we will see if he has an attitude adjustment playing with PP and KG...

« Reply #46 on: February 22, 2013, 01:15:45 PM »

Offline Boston Garden Leprechaun

• Dennis Johnson
  • Tommy Points: 1553
One thing to keep in mind with D.J. White is he's a slightly worse rebounder than Bass.

So he's not going to help us much there.

bass only averages 4.4 for his career. So this guy will give us 2 or 3 boards?

DJ White has a career 12.2 rebounding percentage, including 10.9% last season.  Bass is 12.4% for his career, including 11.2% this season.  If you believe that players usually see their rebounding rates decrease when they join the Celtics, due to a lower emphasis on rebounding, then White will probably rebound slightly worse than Bass.

i am talking actual rebounds per game. not percentages. Kmart averaged 7.1 over his career. much better than bass. KG is only averaging 7.6 RPG this year although he has a career average of 10.5
You realize that what you call "actual rebounds" is highly dependent on the minutes you spend on the floor, right?

of course.....my point is if the guy has some great rebounding average per minutes played and he is not playing many minutes i call it fools gold. Why? because if he was really that good he should be getting more minutes showing his rebounding worth throughout a whole game. unless his team is really stacked with great rebounders ahead of him. which i would find highly unlikely.
LET'S GO CELTICS!

« Reply #47 on: February 22, 2013, 01:16:02 PM »

Offline LooseCannon

• NCE
  • Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 950
DJ White is like Bass without the athleticism.

well then this seems like a big waste of time. we need guys who can board and protect the rim right now.

What the Celtics need most is a big who will play defense with the intelligence and energy that Doc wants so as to make a smallball lineup less attractive.  I don't want a truly horrible rebounder, but I don't think the team absolutely needs someone who is more than average on the boards.
"The worst thing that ever happened in sports was sports radio, and the internet is sports radio on steroids with lower IQs.” -- Brian Burke, former Toronto Maple Leafs senior adviser, at the 2013 MIT Sloan Sports Analytics Conference

« Reply #48 on: February 22, 2013, 01:17:38 PM »

Offline kozlodoev

• NCE
  • Kevin Garnett
  • Tommy Points: 1294
of course.....my point is if the guy has some great rebounding average per minutes played and he is not playing many minutes i call it fools gold. Why? because if he was really that good he should be getting more minutes showing his rebounding worth throughout a whole game. unless his team is really stacked with great rebounders ahead of him. which i would find highly unlikely.
Or maybe the teams just had better players. Not everything in the game is rebounding.
"I don't know half of you half as well as I should like; and I like less than half of you half as well as you deserve."

For y'all do not know DJ WHite, he played very well in China this yr
« Reply #49 on: February 22, 2013, 01:19:06 PM »

Offline BIGTIME_CELTICS

• Xavier Tillman
  • Tommy Points: 9
He played for my home team in Shanghai Sharks, who did not make the playoff cuz of the injury to their supposedly star player Gilbert Arenas. He is much better than he was in Charlotte. He avgs 21.6+9.7+1.3blocks.

A very reliable pick-n-pop player. High percentage jump shooter, and his ability to finish around the rim has surprised me. Sure it is not same level of competition, but almost every team has an American player to anchor the paint. Good Worker, hustle back on D, and rebounds fairly well given his size 6-7/8. Would love this addition if Doc/Ainge gives a shot