Author Topic: Totally and utterly disappointed  (Read 14433 times)

Totally and utterly disappointed
« on: February 22, 2013, 08:18:08 AM »

Offline Moranis

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 1547
This team can't win a title as presently constructed.  That means Boston had two real options at the deadline.  Blow it up and look for assets (trading PP and KG and whatever else you could) OR try to add pieces to give the team a better shot at winning this year (that would have likely meant trading Rondo).  Adding Jordan Crawford does nothing for either of those goals.  Boston will likely be the 6th, 7th, or 8th seed and likely will not get out of the second round (if even the first), which just delays the inevitable.  Danny needed to move the team off of center.  Go for it or rebuild.  Sitting pat just wastes the season.  Congrats Danny, another year gone and another year Boston doesn't win the title or enter rebuilding looking for that next title winning group.
2023 Historical Draft - Brooklyn Nets - 9th pick

Bigs - Pau, Amar'e, Issel, McGinnis, Roundfield
Wings - Dantley, Bowen, J. Jackson
Guards - Cheeks, Petrovic, Buse, Rip

Re: Totally and utterly disappointed
« Reply #1 on: February 22, 2013, 08:26:23 AM »

Offline Roy H.

• Forums Manager
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: -25628
  • Bo Knows: Joe Don't Know Diddley
29 teams fail to win a title every year. I say enjoy the ride, and take advantage of the opportunity to watch a couple of Hall of Famers play for your favorite team.
« Last Edit: February 22, 2013, 08:49:56 AM by Roy H. »

I'M THE SILVERBACK GORILLA IN THIS MOTHER——— AND DON'T NONE OF YA'LL EVER FORGET IT!@ 34 minutes

« Reply #2 on: February 22, 2013, 08:27:35 AM »

Offline slamtheking

• NCE
  • Red Auerbach
  • Tommy Points: 10047
This team can't win a title as presently constructed.  That means Boston had two real options at the deadline.  Blow it up and look for assets (trading PP and KG and whatever else you could) OR try to add pieces to give the team a better shot at winning this year (that would have likely meant trading Rondo).  Adding Jordan Crawford does nothing for either of those goals.  Boston will likely be the 6th, 7th, or 8th seed and likely will not get out of the second round (if even the first), which just delays the inevitable.  Danny needed to move the team off of center.  Go for it or rebuild.  Sitting pat just wastes the season.  Congrats Danny, another year gone and another year Boston doesn't win the title or enter rebuilding looking for that next title winning group.
let's try some positive spin on this.

the team we thought we had at the beginning of the year is starting to show up now.  they're looking more liike a cohesive team than a bunch of indivisuals thrown together.  This should carry over to next year when we'll have rondo, Sully and possibly Barbosa back and ready to play at the start of the season.  (that's the timeframe I've heard on their recoveries so far).

Add in a middling draft pick this year, Jordan Crawford and possibly TWill shows he's a keeper.  That makes JET expendable for other assets in the offseason.  package him with Bass for a competent big man.  use the BAE that wasn't used this year so far) and the lesser-MLE to add a couple bigs and we could be in pretty decent shape for another run at it. 

all is not lost

« Reply #3 on: February 22, 2013, 08:37:44 AM »

Offline Lightskinsmurf

• NCE
  • Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 134
29 teams fail to win a title every year. I say enjoy the ride, and take advantage of the opportunity to watc a couple of Hall of Famernls play for your favorite team.

Damage control........we came into the season with high hopes on winning a title.........and now we're reduced to having to settle for watching two hall of famers past their primes play and get bounced out of the first or second round.........yay......

« Reply #4 on: February 22, 2013, 08:51:33 AM »

Offline Roy H.

• Forums Manager
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: -25628
  • Bo Knows: Joe Don't Know Diddley
29 teams fail to win a title every year. I say enjoy the ride, and take advantage of the opportunity to watc a couple of Hall of Famernls play for your favorite team.

Damage control........we came into the season with high hopes on winning a title.........and now we're reduced to having to settle for watching two hall of famers past their primes play and get bounced out of the first or second round.........yay......

Stuff happens.  It's not Danny's fault that Rondo, Sully, and Barbosa all had season-ending injuries.

It must suck being a sports fan, if there's no other joy than winning a title.

I'M THE SILVERBACK GORILLA IN THIS MOTHER——— AND DON'T NONE OF YA'LL EVER FORGET IT!@ 34 minutes

« Reply #5 on: February 22, 2013, 08:53:39 AM »

Online SHAQATTACK

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2968
29 teams fail to win a title every year. I say enjoy the ride, and take advantage of the opportunity to watch a couple of Hall of Famers play for your favorite team.

totally agree.......team will likely be much worse in the near future without  our two hall of famers

« Reply #6 on: February 22, 2013, 09:02:11 AM »

Offline krook

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 23
let's try some positive spin on this.

the team we thought we had at the beginning of the year is starting to show up now.  they're looking more liike a cohesive team than a bunch of indivisuals thrown together.  This should carry over to next year when we'll have rondo, Sully and possibly Barbosa back and ready to play at the start of the season.  (that's the timeframe I've heard on their recoveries so far).

Add in a middling draft pick this year, Jordan Crawford and possibly TWill shows he's a keeper.  That makes JET expendable for other assets in the offseason.  package him with Bass for a competent big man.  use the BAE that wasn't used this year so far) and the lesser-MLE to add a couple bigs and we could be in pretty decent shape for another run at it. 

all is not lost

can we pry anderson varejao? problem solve

« Reply #7 on: February 22, 2013, 09:03:03 AM »

Offline jarufu

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 123

Disappointed we aren't in better shape but I agree with this.

Selfishly, I hope KG and PP are still around in 2014 - I believe my 40th birthday present contains a trip to the USA to see a certain team play basketball ...  ;)
Stay classy, San Diego. Hello, Baxter? Baxter, is that you? Bark twice if you're in Milwaukee. Is this Wilt Chamberlain? Have the decency to say something.

« Reply #8 on: February 22, 2013, 09:05:34 AM »

Offline Lightskinsmurf

• NCE
  • Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 134

Stuff happens.  It's not Danny's fault that Rondo, Sully, and Barbosa all had season-ending injuries.

I find joy in a couple of things besides winning a title. One, the journey. Meaning the fun we have on our way to winning one *Regular season*. And two, watching a young team with alot of potential *Not ready yet* on its way to one day becoming real contenders for a title.

There's absolutely no fun in watching a team be stuck in the middle of the pack going no where fast. Worst position to be in is where we're at. No hope in a title, no chance at the number one pick in the draft, no nothing.

« Reply #9 on: February 22, 2013, 09:07:18 AM »

Offline CelticG1

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 288
Seriously root for the Heat and Yankees.

Never heard someone complain so much. Do you really need to complain daily unless we are first in the NBA and winning a championship every year?

In hindsight would you have just rather blown it up after the 08 championship?

Just cant take these comments seriously. We should have traded Pierce anywhere to try and force KG out of Boston?  To get kris humphries and brooks? Sweet! Just kidding deandre "tyson chandler" was the real prize :-)

This honestly feels like borderline trolling

« Reply #10 on: February 22, 2013, 09:15:02 AM »

Offline CelticG1

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 288

Damage control........we came into the season with high hopes on winning a title.........and now we're reduced to having to settle for watching two hall of famers past their primes play and get bounced out of the first or second round.........yay......p

I find joy in a couple of things besides winning a title. One, the journey. Meaning the fun we have on our way to winning one *Regular season*. And two, watching a young team with alot of potential *Not ready yet* on its way to one day becoming real contenders for a title.

There's absolutely no fun in watching a team be stuck in the middle of the pack going no where fast. Worst position to be in is where we're at. No hope in a title, no chance at the number one pick in the draft, no nothing.

You act like we are the Hawks or something. How many people do you think consider the Celtics to have been middle of the pack for a while? I mean if your goal is to not have one season being in the middle than I dont know what to tell you. Having one season middle of the pack is better than imagining you can trade Rondo now and somehow get players to make you a top 2 team or trying to trade all your players and lose as many games as possible

« Reply #11 on: February 22, 2013, 09:17:37 AM »

Offline cltc5

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 445
I'm not giving up title hopes yet because that's part of the fun.  Also watching the new players trying to fit in and what they'll bring to the team will be an emotional stimulant.  The team has been fun to wath during their win streaks.  Hoping they have anoter one starting today:)

« Reply #12 on: February 22, 2013, 09:20:51 AM »

Offline Fafnir

• Bill Russell
  • Tommy Points: 1327
Congrats Danny, another year gone and another year Boston doesn't win the title or enter rebuilding looking for that next title winning group.
Congrats on another thread demanding to become the Bobcats.

« Reply #13 on: February 22, 2013, 09:22:02 AM »

Offline BballTim

• Dave Cowens
  • Tommy Points: 1123

If Rondo ans Sully come back healthy the Celts will be right back in the mix next year. From your perspective, though, I imagine that the regular seasons haven't been overly enjoyable since 2009.

« Reply #14 on: February 22, 2013, 09:24:36 AM »

Offline Fafnir

• Bill Russell
  • Tommy Points: 1327
+1 on this.

Given that he tried to move KG now that Rondo is out for the season and KG said no I'm not sure what else he could have done.

Moranis, I know you hated the offseason to begin with after signing all the role players. But you've hated having any good players on this team for well over a year now anyways.