Author Topic: Heat rapidly rounding into form  (Read 2485 times)

Re: Heat rapidly rounding into form
« Reply #15 on: February 22, 2013, 11:54:18 AM »

Offline Lightskinsmurf

• NCE
  • Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 134
Us beating the best player on the planet in a seven game series is a stretch. I bleed green just like all of us here, but I'm not delusional. We need Rondo just to get close. But without him it would take a miracle breakdown for the Heat to lose.

The best player on the planet with bosh and wade in company. I agree with everything you said tho, nicely put.

Didn't have either at full strength last year against us. He beat us by himself in game 6, a game we had to have b/c no way we were getting out of a game 7  in Miami with a W.

I still can't believe we allowed game 6 to unfold the way it did. I understand lebron just went completely nuts but still...Rondo went nuts in game 2 and we still lost.....

« Reply #16 on: February 22, 2013, 12:12:50 PM »

Offline GreenEnvy

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 1031
Us beating the best player on the planet in a seven game series is a stretch. I bleed green just like all of us here, but I'm not delusional. We need Rondo just to get close. But without him it would take a miracle breakdown for the Heat to lose.

The best player on the planet with bosh and wade in company. I agree with everything you said tho, nicely put.

Didn't have either at full strength last year against us. He beat us by himself in game 6, a game we had to have b/c no way we were getting out of a game 7  in Miami with a W.

Weak.

Who is at full strength after 82 games + a couple rounds in the playoffs?

The Celtics clearly weren't either. Was Pierce or Ray healthy? How about Bradley, Green and Wilcox?

We had them on the ropes and could have beat them. LeBron came out and took it upon himself to beat us, and he did it convincingly. But we were right there most of Game 7. No reason to believe we had "no chance."

You think Orlando cares that they only made the Finals because KG was out? Or does LA acknowledge they probably have two extra titles than they should because of that same injury?

I don't want to hear about Wade being banged up or Bosh's DNP's anymore. I truly believe had both teams been 100% healthy, we were the better team.
CELTICS 2024

« Reply #17 on: February 22, 2013, 12:23:47 PM »

Offline soap07

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 145
The Celtics clearly weren't either. Was Pierce or Ray healthy? How about Bradley, Green and Wilcox?

Pierce and Ray were healthy enough to play.

Do I have to explain to you the difference between what Bosh means to the Heat with his DNP's than any of the other players mentioned? If Bosh played the whole series, it likely would have been over in 5 again.

Not concerned about the Heat at all. If a team is not properly equipped to deal with the Heat, particularly on wing defense, they're primed to kill you.

We have that more than covered. They won't have an easy time against the Celtics, if they manage to beat us that is.

My goodness.

« Reply #18 on: February 22, 2013, 12:37:42 PM »

Offline TheBig5

• Jrue Holiday
  • Tommy Points: 25
Don't even bother trying to convince people that the C's have no chance of winning a series against the Heat. Prior to the season started I honestly believed we had a very good chance of beating them in a series, but now? Pretty close to zero chance.

« Reply #19 on: February 22, 2013, 01:05:50 PM »

Offline yagru

• The Green Kornet
  • Tommy Points: 12
celtics are older than they were last year. Lebron is better than he was last year. not a good combination for us, or any other team for that matter

« Reply #20 on: February 22, 2013, 01:06:29 PM »

Offline pearljammer10

• K.C. Jones
  • Tommy Points: 885
Were the Heat ever out of form?

« Reply #21 on: February 22, 2013, 01:12:26 PM »

Offline BballTim

• Dave Cowens
  • Tommy Points: 1123

Pierce and Ray were healthy enough to play.

Do I have to explain to you the difference between what Bosh means to the Heat with his DNP's than any of the other players mentioned? If Bosh played the whole series, it likely would have been over in 5 again.

Sure, look at how the Celts were playing with a healthy Bradley vs an injured Ray and make a case that Bosh had a bigger impact on the Heat than that *and* Green and Wilcox. I don't know the Bradley/Ray numbers off the top of my head, probably 10-15 points a game.

« Reply #22 on: February 22, 2013, 01:14:31 PM »

Offline BudweiserCeltic

• Dennis Johnson
  • Tommy Points: 1818
Were the Heat ever out of form?

If rumors are to be believed, when they lost to the Celtics a couple of weeks ago.

« Reply #23 on: February 22, 2013, 01:51:04 PM »

Online bdm860

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 4593

Weak.

Who is at full strength after 82 games + a couple rounds in the playoffs?

We had them on the ropes and could have beat them. LeBron came out and took it upon himself to beat us, and he did it convincingly. But we were right there most of Game 7. No reason to believe we had "no chance."

You think Orlando cares that they only made the Finals because KG was out? Or does LA acknowledge they probably have two extra titles than they should because of that same injury?

I don't want to hear about Wade being banged up or Bosh's DNP's anymore. I truly believe had both teams been 100% healthy, we were the better team.

But if every team were 100%, the C's probably wouldn't even had played the Heat.  It's not a 2 team league.  I usually hate the "if so-and-so was healthy..." argument, because every team has injuries, and it's usually centered around if you change this bad circumstance(s) for us, but keep everyone else's bad circumstance(s) the same, we win!

What happens if Rose wasn't injured? the Bulls probably kick the C's butts in the 2nd round, and the C's never even get to play Miami in the ECF.

Hawks fans probably think they would have beaten the C's if Al Horford and Josh Smith were healthy.

The 76ers took the C's to 7 games with Elton Brand playing with a strained neck. Thaddeus Young sprained his ankle in the first half of Game 1 and didn't return till the 4th in a 1 point loss for the Sixers.  If only those players were at full strength says Sixers fans...

Everybody can make arguments about health.

After 18 months with their Bigs, the Littles were: 46% less likely to use illegal drugs, 27% less likely to use alcohol, 52% less likely to skip school, 37% less likely to skip a class