Author Topic: Explain how Danny stays employed after this season?  (Read 7975 times)

Re: Explain how Danny stays employed after this season?
« Reply #45 on: February 21, 2013, 11:58:55 PM »

Offline Onslaught

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 156
All the negativity that's in this site sucks.... it stinks. It makes the greatest forum, greatest Blog in the world, lousy
Peace through Tyranny

« Reply #46 on: February 22, 2013, 12:06:48 AM »

Offline BudweiserCeltic

• Dennis Johnson
  • Tommy Points: 1818
All the negativity that's in this site sucks.... it stinks. It makes the greatest forum, greatest Blog in the world, lousy

Negativity one can deal with. Irrational negativity, now that's a whole different ball game (same thing goes with irrational positivity). This thread has a whole lot of the former.

« Reply #47 on: February 22, 2013, 12:08:42 AM »

Offline Onslaught

• Don Chaney

Negativity one can deal with. Irrational negativity, now that's a whole different ball game (same thing goes with irrational positivity). This thread has a whole lot of the former.
Oh I know. I won't even get into how much I don't agree with this topic. I was just pulling a Pitino.
Peace through Tyranny

« Reply #48 on: February 22, 2013, 12:11:17 AM »

Offline Yoki_IsTheName

• Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 1304
  • I'm a Paul Heyman guy.
He keeps his job because he's good.

He missed on a few things but he did a good job making this roster to be a contender.

Also he didn't let Ray leave, he left. He drafted Sully in the 20's when he's being considered a top 10 talent. Its not his fault that Doc didn't play Darko but its not likenhe costes $5 million. Melo is a project so the jury is out in this one. The Lee trade was masterful, Moore and JJJ for a very reliable SG? Cmon now. Green as off now is overpaud but he's showing flashes that once he starts, he deserves that contract. He didn't get a big because he feels that the asking price for such bigs is too much that it will not help the team, but thats not for lack of effort. I read in hoopshype that he's still engage in talks to get Gortat at 2:59!

Then add the Crawford for practically NOTHING trade.

He's here because he's great.

2019 CStrong Historical Draft 2000s OKC Thunder.
PG: Jrue Holiday / Isaiah Thomas / Larry Hughes
SG: Paul George / Aaron McKie / Bradley Beal
SF: Paul Pierce / Tayshaun Prince / Brian Scalabrine
PF: LaMarcus Aldridge / Shareef Abdur-Raheem / Ben Simmons
C: Jermaine O'neal / Ben Wallace

« Reply #49 on: February 22, 2013, 12:11:30 AM »

Offline barefacedmonk

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 1796
  • The Dude Abides
Just enjoy this team play out the rest of the season. Paul and KG will be gone in a year or two max. Enjoy what we have. Rebuilding and FAs will come with time. Its inevitable. We will have the cap space. And DA is a very competent GM.
"An ounce of practice is worth more than tons of preaching." - M.K. Gandhi

« Reply #50 on: February 22, 2013, 12:25:26 AM »

Offline freshinthehouse

• Don Chaney
When it comes to bidding against ourselves for Green, I guarantee that the TWolves would've been after them after their attempt to sign Batum fell flat. 

« Reply #51 on: February 22, 2013, 01:07:52 AM »

Kiorrik

ctrey, that was an impressive opening post.

TP for the effort and work that must've gone into that.

I disagree, but that was a solid opening statement and I actually didn't mind reading most of it.

Cheers.

« Reply #52 on: February 22, 2013, 02:46:02 AM »

Offline ImShakHeIsShaq

• NCE
  • Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 804
How long has it been, 6 seasons since the formation of the Big 3? Now, take those seasons (this one included no matter the outcome), I GUARANTEE that there are only a few teams who wouldn't take that over their past 6 season. Heck, Dallas won a chip too but the rest of their seasons don't match up! Championship, Finals (2x), ECF (4x?), division titles all except for this season (so far)?????? Hahahaha, all teams except Mia would take our last 6 seasons over theirs!! OKC would exchange it and they have a really good young team and of course Durant!! Any team can get an excellent player but doesn't mean they will win a chip! Heck, some of the worst teams have some of the best players in the game! Cleveland had LeBron and have nothing to show for him. Yes, Cleveland has Irving now but who really thinks they will be contending anytime soon? Now, take the time to REMEMBER the injuries that could have taken away a couple more chips from Danny's resume.

Is he going to be perfect in every decision he makes, NO... what GM is?

OH, about the draft... what scrub from the draft do you think Doc was going to play that was available instead of Melo. If we weren't going to play those scrubs no matter who they were, why not take a flier on someone who you think will be something in 2-3 seasons? Who else do you think was going to play b4 Collins, KG, Bass, Wilcox, and Darko at pick 22? Doc would rather play KG until he falls dead than go to any of our other bigs, yeah we were going to get someone who was going to change that  ::) Now, talk about Sully, we all knew he would need surgery eventually or always battle the pain. I bet right now all the gms besides a very small amount would rather have taken Sully than the guys they have... yep, even after the surgery! Sully will probably continue to prove Danny right in taking him (especially given that he was taken so late, it was pretty much a no brainer)!

I was gonna go point by point but many people have did a fine enough job already!
It takes me 3hrs to get to Miami and 1hr to get to Orlando... but I *SPIT* on their NBA teams! "Bless God and bless the (Celts)"-Lady GaGa (she said gays but she really meant Celts)

« Reply #53 on: February 22, 2013, 02:57:21 AM »

Offline celticsleyte

• Joe Mazzulla
  • Tommy Points: 9
The organization wanted to field a competitive team this year. Given that he has done a fine job.  Danny is a top five GM.  If the Celtics let him go he would have a job offer within a year.

If you do not care for a competitive team there are others to support.

« Reply #54 on: February 22, 2013, 05:01:28 AM »

Offline celtics2

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 42
The Celts carry Management and Coaches for that matter way long into their talent demise. Outside of the KG Allen trades the Organization has sucked the blood out of Pierce. Never giving him a Team we call competitive enough for Championships. Outside passing skills Bird was no better. Boston has been 2nd rate fan wise for a long time once the Greater Boston area is left. Drafting and trading have been putrid. DA will be here for a long time as will Doc unless they volunteer retirement. That's the Celtics. Don't expect much. Even if we get a sniff of a decent player he heads for NY, LA or Miami as choices. DA was a hell of a player. As GM, very lucky.

« Reply #55 on: February 22, 2013, 05:08:40 AM »

Offline lightspeed5

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 283
when we had shaq, we were one of the greatest starting 5 of all time... (when shaq was healthy)

yes im going there.... we had a future hall of famer playing at each starting position, and each player complimented each other.

« Reply #56 on: February 22, 2013, 05:17:30 AM »

Offline BballTim

• Dave Cowens
  • Tommy Points: 1123
Signed Jeff Green for nine million dollars a year for four years. I do not need to even go into this. everybody on this board and everybody in the NBA knows two things about that deal. One, the Celtics were bidding against nobody.

Plenty of people say that Danny was bidding against nobody for Green, plenty of those people are very authoritative when they make that claim. None of them have the slightest idea whether it's true or not.

Did you see any media report whatsoever, anonymous source, anything that had any other team named? One? It seems odd that if there were other teams bidding on Green, not one reporter, in today's day in age with Twitter, blogs etc, wrote about it.

I'm not saying it's impossible, but it seems highly unlikely.

You're saying the likely scenario is that Danny paid roughly twice what he needed to for Green for no reason at all? That's the likely scenario? I just don't see it.

« Reply #57 on: February 22, 2013, 05:34:54 AM »

Offline BballTim

• Dave Cowens
  • Tommy Points: 1123
The Celts carry Management and Coaches for that matter way long into their talent demise. Outside of the KG Allen trades the Organization has sucked the blood out of Pierce. Never giving him a Team we call competitive enough for Championships. Outside passing skills Bird was no better.

Bird was a better shooter/scorer and rebounder as well.

« Reply #58 on: February 22, 2013, 06:13:41 AM »

Offline Celtics4ever

• NCE
  • Johnny Most
  • Tommy Points: 1323
Shooter, yes, scorer I dunno.  PP has passed him up.

Passing and rebounding wise Bird has clear edge.

Danny will be fine, I don't see him leaving.

« Reply #59 on: February 22, 2013, 06:14:53 AM »

Offline ederson

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 279
a little of topic but i like the way this is going ...
in a while you`ll all write in Greek and the forum will be much easier for me to follow :D :D :D :D