Author Topic: Explain how Danny stays employed after this season?  (Read 7986 times)

Re: Explain how Danny stays employed after this season?
« Reply #30 on: February 21, 2013, 11:30:15 PM »

Offline Yogi

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 255
It's a toss up between Morey and Ainge regarding who has been the best GM this season.  We lost our best player, our second best big, and our 5th guard to season ending injuries due to no one's fault.  That is a lot to recover from.  Take Lebron, Battier and Norris Cole from the Heat and how good would they be?  take Durant, Perkins and Eric Maynor from the Thunder and how good are they?  How good are the Spurs without Parker, Splitter and DeColo?  Despite that we're 8-2.  The proper response is thank you Mr. Ainge for building such a deep team despite having next to nothing to work with in the off season.
CelticsBlog DKC Pelicans
J. Lin/I. Canaan/N. Wolters
E. Gordon/A. Shved
N. Batum/A. Roberson
A. Davis/K. Olynyk/M. Scott
D. Cousins/A. Baynes/V. Faverani
Rights: A. Abrines, R. Neto, L. Jean-Charles  Coach: M. Williams

« Reply #31 on: February 21, 2013, 11:31:21 PM »

Offline ctrey

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 110
If you are a DA basher on Celtic Blog then you are here for a reason...you are a wannabe GM throwing in your 2 cents from the peanut gallery because you have nothing better to do!

I am bashing what Danny has done this year. In general he has been a good GM but I am having doubts about him going forward. I am no wannabe gm. I am simply a fan of this team that thinks you can criticize your team while still hoping they do the best they can. Hurling insults indicates you are in the peanut gallery and have nothing better to do.

"This last year he has made zero decent moves. Not one."

i'm going to ask you a favor...please look up the definition of "zero"

Seriously? Are you really that obtuse? Forget it. You are a first class "Malaka". Look that up.

« Reply #32 on: February 21, 2013, 11:34:29 PM »

Offline droopdog7

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 466
To the OP, ask yourself one question; were you complaining like this at the time these moves were made?  Like has been said, hindsight is 20-20.  You make the best moves at the time, and let the chips fall where they may.

And I am sick and tired about those complaining about not getting a big man.  Seriously, how in the hell were we supposed to pick a decent big man with the assets we have?  There was never any way unless we were trading rondo or pierce.  And even then you might be surprised at how much value they really have in terms of bringing back size.

« Reply #33 on: February 21, 2013, 11:38:31 PM »

Offline Lucky17

• DKC Commish
  • JoJo White
  • Tommy Points: 2352
It's a toss up between Morey and Ainge regarding who has been the best GM this season.

Eh, I think it's still Morey.
DKC League is now on reddit!: http://www.reddit.com/r/dkcleague

« Reply #34 on: February 21, 2013, 11:38:36 PM »

Offline Chief Macho

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 84
I'm starting to feel the same. We may need a new set of eye's on this team. 

« Reply #35 on: February 21, 2013, 11:39:32 PM »

Offline ctrey

• Jaylen Brown
To the OP, ask yourself one question; were you complaining like this at the time these moves were made?  Like has been said, hindsight is 20-20.  You make the best moves at the time, and let the chips fall where they may.

And I am sick and tired about those complaining about not getting a big man.  Seriously, how in the hell were we supposed to pick a decent big man with the assets we have?  There was never any way unless we were trading rondo or pierce.  And even then you might be surprised at how much value they really have in terms of bringing back size.

Actually, as I have been getting smacked around all year on this blog since the draft, yes. I have had my doubts all year about this team. Nothing seemed quite right. I hated our draft, although to be fair it was more the selection of Melo that got me angry. I really disliked signing Terry. He seemed old, needed the ball in his hands and would not be able to play Celtics defense. The Green signing made my hair go grey. So I have been on this rant all year. Sorry.

That said I still love and will always love the Celtics.

« Reply #36 on: February 21, 2013, 11:42:52 PM »

Offline rutzan

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 85
If you are a DA basher on Celtic Blog then you are here for a reason...you are a wannabe GM throwing in your 2 cents from the peanut gallery because you have nothing better to do!

I am bashing what Danny has done this year. In general he has been a good GM but I am having doubts about him going forward. I am no wannabe gm. I am simply a fan of this team that thinks you can criticize your team while still hoping they do the best they can. Hurling insults indicates you are in the peanut gallery and have nothing better to do.

Seriously? Are you really that obtuse? Forget it. You are a first class "Malaka". Look that up.

i loved the stories from the 1980's and Greece...very touching...

« Reply #37 on: February 21, 2013, 11:43:07 PM »

Offline Lucky17

• DKC Commish
  • JoJo White
  • Tommy Points: 2352
So I have been on this rant all year. Sorry.

That said I still love and will always love the Celtics.

All right. That, I hope we can all agree on.

Sometimes, that doesn't seem to be the place where people are coming from.

Have a TP, take a deep breath, and strap in for the next couple of months, because it's about to get interesting.
DKC League is now on reddit!: http://www.reddit.com/r/dkcleague

« Reply #38 on: February 21, 2013, 11:44:48 PM »

Offline Sketch5

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 280
If your ticked that DA didn't do anything at trade time, well so didn't 29 other teams...28 if you count the Bucks trade for Redick as a BIG NAME trade.

In some ways this could help the future with players coming to Boston. If DA just traded PP and KG for some role players, then no one would want to come in fear that they would get shipped out for pieces.

In a couple years CAP will increase and some players may be available, which is one reason to keep Rondo, and Green two youngs that wanted to stay.

Its a balancing act that DA has to play, make the team attractive with out making bad moves that put them in the lotto.

« Reply #39 on: February 21, 2013, 11:47:40 PM »

Offline soap07

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 145
Signed Jeff Green for nine million dollars a year for four years. I do not need to even go into this. everybody on this board and everybody in the NBA knows two things about that deal. One, the Celtics were bidding against nobody.

Plenty of people say that Danny was bidding against nobody for Green, plenty of those people are very authoritative when they make that claim. None of them have the slightest idea whether it's true or not.

Did you see any media report whatsoever, anonymous source, anything that had any other team named? One? It seems odd that if there were other teams bidding on Green, not one reporter, in today's day in age with Twitter, blogs etc, wrote about it.

I'm not saying it's impossible, but it seems highly unlikely.

« Reply #40 on: February 21, 2013, 11:48:48 PM »

Offline ctrey

• Jaylen Brown

i loved the stories from the 1980's and Greece...very touching...

Do you have one valid point to make? One insightful observation? Are you capable of any real contribution to anything at all? I am quite sure you are not.

« Reply #41 on: February 21, 2013, 11:50:41 PM »

Offline soap07

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 145
Let Ray Allen not only leave for nothing in return, but go to the team that will most likely win the title this year. a team in our own conference.

Did anyone else laugh out loud after reading this? "Let Ray Allen leave"? Jeez.

« Reply #42 on: February 21, 2013, 11:50:51 PM »

Offline Smokeeye123

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 156
This forum is knee jerk city. One week Doc sucks and should be fired, next week, fire danny. Couple weeks before it's TRADE RONDO, then we dont need rondo, then today somebody posts a "safe to say we miss rondo?" thread. That doesnt even mention the kick out KG and Pierce threads, then the threads about how "our team sucks now" and "I dont want to rebuild" that would surely come if we actually did.

« Reply #43 on: February 21, 2013, 11:51:07 PM »

Offline ItStaysYang

• Jrue Holiday
  • Tommy Points: 25
Ignorant, nonsensical post by user who has no idea of the underbelly of NBA basketball operations  :-\

« Reply #44 on: February 21, 2013, 11:57:15 PM »

Offline rutzan

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 85
while we're having fun...i looked up malaka...that stung...did you look up "sample size"...kg for 3 yrs...jet for 3 yrs...bass for 3 yrs...green for 4 yrs...lee for 4 yrs...for the "obtuse"...52/82 = 63.4% of yr 1...but you have instantly computed "zero"...i doubt you hold yourself up to the standards you impose on others...but...what do i know...i'm a malaka...ha, ha, ha...