Author Topic: Stepping up: Chris Wilcox  (Read 987 times)

Stepping up: Chris Wilcox
« on: February 21, 2013, 07:35:21 PM »

Offline CelticConcourse

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 383
  • Jeff Green
"Chris has struggled, not in that role, he's just struggled," said Rivers. "We're putting a lot of pressure on Chris. Chris is going to have play well for us."

I really don't think that's fair. Chris hasn't struggled, he hasn't been getting a fair chance.

Is this his chance to come out again? He ranks amongst league leaders in PPP, I believe. Though I don't believe he can maintain that, he can still do SOMEthing. And he can't be left alone like Collins.
Jeff Green - Top 5 SF

[Kevin Garnett]
"I've always said J. Green is going to be one of the best players to ever play this game"

Re: Stepping up: Chris Wilcox
« Reply #1 on: February 21, 2013, 07:37:05 PM »

Offline lightspeed5

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 283
"We're putting a lot of pressure on Chris"

lol

« Reply #2 on: February 21, 2013, 07:46:07 PM »

Offline Jon

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 385
I think the Rondo injury hurts Wilcox.  He benefited from easy lobs from Rondo. 

Still, Wilcox does well when he's close the basket, and the spacing and scorers the C's still have should help with that. 

« Reply #3 on: February 21, 2013, 07:50:01 PM »

Offline rocknrollforyoursoul

• Satch Sanders
  • Tommy Points: 325
"Chris has struggled, not in that role, he's just struggled," said Rivers. "We're putting a lot of pressure on Chris. Chris is going to have play well for us."

I really don't think that's fair. Chris hasn't struggled, he hasn't been getting a fair chance.

Is this his chance to come out again? He ranks amongst league leaders in PPP, I believe. Though I don't believe he can maintain that, he can still do SOMEthing. And he can't be left alone like Collins.

Injuries aside, I think Doc hasn't given Chris many opportunities even when he's been healthy. Of course, he's still getting his stamina back after heart surgery (remember how long it took Green to find a rhythm? and his surgery was before Chris's).

Rondo's absence hurts Wilcox in some ways, but Wilcox is a very good pick-and-roll guy—quick to the hoop, and good at handling lobs—so Pierce, Terry, etc. should take advantage of that.
"There are two kinds of people: those who say to God, 'Thy will be done,' and those to whom God says, 'All right, then, have it your way.'"

"You don't have a soul. You are a Soul. You have a body."

— C.S. Lewis

« Reply #4 on: February 21, 2013, 07:51:03 PM »

Offline CelticConcourse

• Paul Silas
  • Jeff Green
Hopefully he plays 15-20mpg now. Maybe even 30 some nights. Give him a go.
Jeff Green - Top 5 SF

[Kevin Garnett]
"I've always said J. Green is going to be one of the best players to ever play this game"

« Reply #5 on: February 21, 2013, 07:51:35 PM »

Offline lightspeed5

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 283
wilcox was like a 4th or 5th pick in his draft.

« Reply #6 on: February 21, 2013, 07:54:44 PM »

Offline CelticConcourse

• Paul Silas
  • Jeff Green

8th, but tbh he never really panned out.

For some reason in 09-10, he averaged 4.5 and the next year he scored 7.5ppg. What did Detroit change? They started him more. (only gave him 4.5 more minutes) Maybe we can give Wilcox a start or two. Collins got the chances.
Jeff Green - Top 5 SF

[Kevin Garnett]

« Reply #7 on: February 21, 2013, 07:55:15 PM »

Offline BballTim

• Dave Cowens
  • Tommy Points: 1123

I like Chris (for what he is) but that statement should be a fairly sobering thought for the "let's tank" crowd.

« Reply #8 on: February 21, 2013, 08:09:51 PM »

Offline OhioGreen

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 55
I like Chris. He runs the floor well, runs the pick and roll well, and makes good cuts to the rim--makes himself available for good passes, BUT----he's not a great defender, and for his size he is a terrible defensive rebounder!!! Ditto BBass(just plain bad rebounder). And since that's what we're really hurting for, it's a HUGE,HUGE problem!!