Author Topic: Is Danny Forcing Doc's Hand with Melo  (Read 10264 times)

Is Danny Forcing Doc's Hand with Melo
« on: February 21, 2013, 06:08:34 PM »

Offline quidinqui33

• Jrue Holiday
  • Tommy Points: 71
I don't think it is directly the case, but perhaps Danny is forcing Doc's hand with Melo a little now.

Odds are, we are not winning it all this year, we still could, but odds are we are not.  So why not give Fab some run with the big boys for a little while and see what happens. 

He is a legit 7 footer with athleticism.  Granted, he has looked lost while out there, but he has played 16 minutes in garbage time.  It's hard to really look great in that scenario.

I think we will still pick somebody up from waivers, but why not give melo some run now?  I'm all for it.  Play him some minutes with KG out there with him and see how it goes.

Re: Is Danny Forcing Doc's Hand with Melo
« Reply #1 on: February 21, 2013, 06:10:01 PM »

Offline vinnie

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 429
I don't think it is directly the case, but perhaps Danny is forcing Doc's hand with Melo a little now.

Odds are, we are not winning it all this year, we still could, but odds are we are not.  So why not give Fab some run with the big boys for a little while and see what happens. 

He is a legit 7 footer with athleticism.  Granted, he has looked lost while out there, but he has played 16 minutes in garbage time.  It's hard to really look great in that scenario.

I think we will still pick somebody up from waivers, but why not give melo some run now?  I'm all for it.

I keep hearing about Fab's athleticism. I am just waiting to see it. I am sure it is there, but have not seen it in his cameo 15 minutes so far with the Celts.

« Reply #2 on: February 21, 2013, 06:11:06 PM »

Offline Lightskinsmurf

• NCE
  • Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 134
So, its come to this.......*SIGH* Depressing.

« Reply #3 on: February 21, 2013, 06:11:23 PM »

Offline CelticConcourse

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 383
  • Jeff Green
He can play all he wants after we lock up a playoff spot.
Jeff Green - Top 5 SF

[Kevin Garnett]
"I've always said J. Green is going to be one of the best players to ever play this game"

« Reply #4 on: February 21, 2013, 06:11:54 PM »

Offline BudweiserCeltic

• Dennis Johnson
  • Tommy Points: 1818

I think we will still pick somebody up from waivers, but why not give melo some run now?  I'm all for it.

I keep hearing about Fab's athleticism. I am just waiting to see it. I am sure it is there, but have not seen it in his cameo 15 minutes so far with the Celts.

I think he's reacting very slowly to everything more than anything at the moment. Not sure if he'll manage to out-grow it. He looked a bit better last night than the first time around that's for sure, but that's not saying much.

« Reply #5 on: February 21, 2013, 06:13:52 PM »

Offline BudweiserCeltic

• Dennis Johnson
Very much doubt any of the moves done today had any consideration of wanting to give more minutes to Melo this year. If reports were to be believed, Ainge actually tried to trade Melo away.

The way I like to think of it more than anything is that Ainge was forced to take away Doc's favorite toy... an unproductive one.

« Reply #6 on: February 21, 2013, 06:14:33 PM »

Offline quidinqui33

• Jrue Holiday
Per 48 minutes...melo is averaging 12.8 points, 3.2 stls, and 6.4 blks, 0 rebounds. ;D

I know you can't take that seriously at all with such a small sample size, but there is some potential there.  The guy has to get some minutes though beyond playing 2-3 minutes at the end of games for us to really know.  Why not try. 

Does doc really think Collins was a better options at this stage in his career?  Even wilcox really...I can't stand his play.

« Reply #7 on: February 21, 2013, 06:14:48 PM »

Offline WeMadeIt17

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 435
Not exactly something we should be forcing. If we were going to force him to play KG and Pierce shouldn't be here. Hopefully this kid surprises us but i doubt it.

« Reply #8 on: February 21, 2013, 06:15:44 PM »

Online GreenEnvy

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 1031
I sure hope not. I understand guys could look lost early on and eventually become impact players, but this guy seems years away from being a decent NBA player.

I do not want to see much of him on the court this year. Maine or on the bench, that's it.
CELTICS 2024

« Reply #9 on: February 21, 2013, 06:17:45 PM »

Offline quidinqui33

• Jrue Holiday
I sure hope not. I understand guys could look lost early on and eventually become impact players, but this guy seems years away from being a decent NBA player.

I do not want to see much of him on the court this year. Maine or on the bench, that's it.

For the next few games, or atleast until a buy out candidate becomes available, we may not have a choice.   Perhaps that will be enough to truly tell where he is at.  I am curious though.

« Reply #10 on: February 21, 2013, 06:19:29 PM »

Offline pearljammer10

• K.C. Jones
  • Tommy Points: 885
So, its come to this.......*SIGH* Depressing.

ditto

« Reply #11 on: February 21, 2013, 06:26:34 PM »

Offline clover

• Front Page Moderator
  • Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 315
Only if he's aiming for the lottery.

« Reply #12 on: February 21, 2013, 06:31:42 PM »

Offline D Dub

• NCE
  • Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 251
more like, forcing his hand with Wilcox

« Reply #13 on: February 21, 2013, 06:32:25 PM »

Offline kozlodoev

• NCE
  • Kevin Garnett
  • Tommy Points: 1294
This had nothing to do with Ainge. The Wizards did not want Melo.
"I don't know half of you half as well as I should like; and I like less than half of you half as well as you deserve."

« Reply #14 on: February 21, 2013, 06:34:53 PM »

Offline BudweiserCeltic

• Dennis Johnson
more like, forcing his hand with Wilcox

Bingo, if anything, this is it.