Author Topic: Free Agent Big Men / Possible buyouts  (Read 12598 times)

Re: Free Agent Big Men / Possible buyouts
« Reply #30 on: February 21, 2013, 07:09:01 PM »

Offline eugen

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 40
Do waste your time. Nobody is coming.

« Reply #31 on: February 21, 2013, 07:12:21 PM »

Offline csfansince60s

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 2237
The Bucks aren't buying out Dalembert while they have legitimate playoff hopes.

QFT. If the Bucks had dealt him at the deadline for a major player, it might have happened. Thought it would come to pass, but no.

Bucks have no intention of dumping Dalembert. He has been playing very well over the past 5 weeks or so. He has played well as a starter when Sanders has been hurt and sick. He has backed Sanders up well during that time too.
He is far too valuable to the Bucks now.

Ainge waited way too long on him. He shoulda bought low a month and a half ago. I hate it when people do what I am doing now. You know, coulda, woulda, shoulda.

But Ainge, man, WTHuck!! You were there at Denver and LA, you saw those games and the way those guys attacked the paint against us, even with KG in.  You've seen how we've needed all year rebounders and rim protectors.

Man am I frustrated. Spent 9-4 today waiting...for what?

Sorry for the rant.

« Last Edit: February 22, 2013, 12:42:46 PM by csfansince60s »

« Reply #32 on: February 21, 2013, 07:16:06 PM »

Offline LooseCannon

• NCE
  • Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 950
Ainge waited way too long on him. He shoulda bought low a month and a half ago. I hate it when people do what I am doing now. You know, coulda, woulda, shoulda.

Ainge had nothing reasonable to offer.  The Celtics need to find an additional big who is better than Wilcox, not swap Bass for an upgrade.  The best hope was that the Bucks fade out of the playoff race and can't find a way to dump Dalembert's contract at the deadline, so Milwaukee buys him out.  The Bucks are still in it, so that didn't happen.
"The worst thing that ever happened in sports was sports radio, and the internet is sports radio on steroids with lower IQs.” -- Brian Burke, former Toronto Maple Leafs senior adviser, at the 2013 MIT Sloan Sports Analytics Conference

« Reply #33 on: February 21, 2013, 07:18:47 PM »

Offline csfansince60s

• Paul Silas

Ainge had nothing reasonable to offer.  The Celtics need to find an additional big who is better than Wilcox, not swap Bass for an upgrade.  The best hope was that the Bucks fade out of the playoff race and can't find a way to dump Dalembert's contract at the deadline, so Milwaukee buys him out.  The Bucks are still in it, so that didn't happen.

The Bucks wanted a 2. They got one in Redick. We had 2s to offer.

« Reply #34 on: February 21, 2013, 07:30:57 PM »

Offline LooseCannon

• NCE
  • Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 950
No 2s in the right contract situation who seemed like a good fit for the Bucks.
"The worst thing that ever happened in sports was sports radio, and the internet is sports radio on steroids with lower IQs.” -- Brian Burke, former Toronto Maple Leafs senior adviser, at the 2013 MIT Sloan Sports Analytics Conference

« Reply #35 on: February 21, 2013, 07:33:03 PM »

Offline Lucky17

• DKC Commish
  • JoJo White
  • Tommy Points: 2352

Better tell Danny Ainge that, since he's reportedly said they will look to find one or two bigs in the next few weeks.
DKC League is now on reddit!: http://www.reddit.com/r/dkcleague

« Reply #36 on: February 21, 2013, 07:58:50 PM »

Offline Geo123

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 33

Well that's just wrong.  It may be someone you don't like but I guarantee they pick up 1 or 2 bigs...

« Reply #37 on: February 21, 2013, 08:08:14 PM »

Offline chambers

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 943
  • Boston Celtics= Championships, nothing less.
Well id take JO in a heartbeat, can guard the paint while KG sits and has been injury free since he underwent the German knee treatment. Knows our system and is playing better than he has in last 5 years
"We are lucky we have a very patient GM that isn't willing to settle for being good and coming close. He wants to win a championship and we have the potential to get there still with our roster and assets."

quoting 'Greg B' on RealGM after 2017 trade deadline.
Read that last line again. One more time.

« Reply #38 on: February 21, 2013, 08:12:08 PM »

Offline KG_ended_Bias

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 51
Well id take JO in a heartbeat, can guard the paint while KG sits and has been injury free since he underwent the German knee treatment. Knows our system and is playing better than he has in last 5 years
I 2nd that! Hope he & Doc by-gones are just that. But OKC really wants him also.

« Reply #39 on: February 21, 2013, 08:17:57 PM »

Offline BleedGreen1989

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 568
I 2nd that! Hope he & Doc by-gones are just that. But OKC really wants him also.

Agreed. Can't hurt and he has been healthy and productive
*CB Miami Heat*
Kyle Lowry, Dwayne Wade, 13th pick in even numbered rounds, 18th pick in odd numbered rounds.

« Reply #40 on: February 21, 2013, 08:18:22 PM »

Offline albas89

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 74
He gets treated by the best medical staff in the league in Phoenix... and Celtics' medical staff might be one of the worst.
I don't think he wants to come back anyway, he didn't exactly leave Boston under the best circumstances!

However, if I somehow knew he'd stay healthy for the rest of the season, I'd take him in a heartbeat too.
"Life has so many hurdles. Some of them I've hopped over, some of them I've tripped over. The key is to get back up and finish the race."- Paul Pierce

And he did finish...

« Reply #41 on: February 21, 2013, 08:28:19 PM »

Offline danglertx

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 210
I still don't get what is up with Hassan Whiteside.  Statistically he dominates the D-Leaugue's per48 holding the #1 spot in rebounding and blocked shots, but hardly plays since getting traded to Houston's affiliate.

He falls out of bed and blocks 2 shots.  He is top ten, seventh I think, in fg% as well.  He is a legit 7 footer who is athletic, jumps well, and runs well. Why not have this guy play 10 minutes a game? 

I can see the replies now, "because he sucks."  Well if he sucks why is he grabbing rebounds and blocking shots at a better clip than anyone else in the D-League?  I watched him play the Red Claws and after he swatted two shots of people driving the Red Claws went into a 3pt shooting contest offense only.

We need a guy who can block shots and rebound.  Seems like a fit.

« Reply #42 on: February 21, 2013, 08:29:29 PM »

Offline csfansince60s

• Paul Silas
JO is not walking thru that door.

http://basketball.realgm.com/wiretap/226295/ONeal-Not-Seeking-Buyout-From-Suns

Scratch another big off the list. Keeping track, Danny?

« Reply #43 on: February 21, 2013, 08:33:10 PM »

Offline danglertx

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 210
He gets treated by the best medical staff in the league in Phoenix... and Celtics' medical staff might be one of the worst.
I don't think he wants to come back anyway, he didn't exactly leave Boston under the best circumstances!

However, if I somehow knew he'd stay healthy for the rest of the season, I'd take him in a heartbeat too.

I don't think calling our staff one of the worst is particularly fair.  They did save two people's lives last year.  And OKC, their medical staff cost them a draft pick, certainly ours has to be better than them.

« Reply #44 on: February 21, 2013, 08:45:28 PM »

Offline celticpride07

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 222
Maybe shaq will come out of retirement...
Pick 2 Heat: 
Pg: Jennings/Vasquez
Sg: Wade/R. Allen/Rivers
SF: Lebron/M. Williams
PF: Bosh/Humphries
C: B. Lopez/Dalembert/Anthony