Author Topic: Free Agent Big Men / Possible buyouts  (Read 12599 times)

Re: Free Agent Big Men / Possible buyouts
« Reply #15 on: February 21, 2013, 06:09:45 PM »

Offline greenhead85

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 35
Elton Brand is the best player available in that group. Rebounder, shot blocker and very good mid range jumper and can even finish strong on the break. He's got mental and physical toughness too. Take him Danny if he's bought out.

« Reply #16 on: February 21, 2013, 06:18:40 PM »

Offline LooseCannon

• NCE
  • Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 950
Thinking long-term, I prefer to find a player who can be signed for a second year that is either a team option or unguaranteed.
"The worst thing that ever happened in sports was sports radio, and the internet is sports radio on steroids with lower IQs.” -- Brian Burke, former Toronto Maple Leafs senior adviser, at the 2013 MIT Sloan Sports Analytics Conference

« Reply #17 on: February 21, 2013, 06:19:24 PM »

Offline KG_ended_Bias

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 51
How about Darko? oh wait we had him & never played him. Doubt he would do us a favor now. Sucks because he's a perfect piece to what we need right now.

« Reply #18 on: February 21, 2013, 06:22:52 PM »

Offline rocknrollforyoursoul

• Satch Sanders
  • Tommy Points: 323
How about Darko? oh wait we had him & never played him. Doubt he would do us a favor now. Sucks because he's a perfect piece to what we need right now.

You're right, he really would've come in handy this season (thanks, Doc).

Of the guys listed, I might be okay with ANY of them, simply because we need more bigs, but the only two whom I think could really contribute would be Kaman and Brand.
"There are two kinds of people: those who say to God, 'Thy will be done,' and those to whom God says, 'All right, then, have it your way.'"

"You don't have a soul. You are a Soul. You have a body."

— C.S. Lewis

« Reply #19 on: February 21, 2013, 06:29:39 PM »

Offline gar

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 247
  • Strength from Within
Think there may be more to Darko's mysterious disappearance. I think the C's did him a favor so he could be closer to home. Now that his season is winding down would not be surprised to see him back.

« Reply #20 on: February 21, 2013, 06:36:03 PM »

Offline Texstyles

• Al Horford
  • Tommy Points: 44
What about Yi Jillian ? I know he has been a train reck but he us a 7 footer 250lbs,and in China avg. 16pts 10 reb. I would try him out in a 10 day contract.

« Reply #21 on: February 21, 2013, 06:37:44 PM »

Offline kozlodoev

• NCE
  • Kevin Garnett
  • Tommy Points: 1294
Elton Brand is the best player available in that group. Rebounder, shot blocker and very good mid range jumper and can even finish strong on the break. He's got mental and physical toughness too. Take him Danny if he's bought out.
Zero chance. He's currently getting 20+ minutes for the Mavericks.
"I don't know half of you half as well as I should like; and I like less than half of you half as well as you deserve."

« Reply #22 on: February 21, 2013, 06:39:25 PM »

Offline crownontherocks

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 86
What about Yi Jillian ? I know he has been a train reck but he us a 7 footer 250lbs,and in China avg. 16pts 10 reb. I would try him out in a 10 day contract.

I think his team made the championship. I thought i read wont be done for 3 weeks

« Reply #23 on: February 21, 2013, 06:44:15 PM »

Offline LooseCannon

• NCE
  • Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 950
If you want a guy playing in Europe with a track record in the NBA of being a good rebounder, why not try to figure out when Shelden Williams becomes available?
"The worst thing that ever happened in sports was sports radio, and the internet is sports radio on steroids with lower IQs.” -- Brian Burke, former Toronto Maple Leafs senior adviser, at the 2013 MIT Sloan Sports Analytics Conference

« Reply #24 on: February 21, 2013, 06:47:01 PM »

Offline D Dub

• NCE
  • Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 251
if Hakim Warrick becomes available, that's the guy I want

« Reply #25 on: February 21, 2013, 06:50:02 PM »

Offline Texstyles

• Al Horford
  • Tommy Points: 44

I think his team made the championship. I thought i read wont be done for 3 weeks

Wasn't T.Williams on the same team

« Reply #26 on: February 21, 2013, 06:53:49 PM »

Offline CelticConcourse

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 383
  • Jeff Green

Yi ain't a train wreck. He's just not a good NBA player. He fares well internationally
Jeff Green - Top 5 SF

[Kevin Garnett]
"I've always said J. Green is going to be one of the best players to ever play this game"

« Reply #27 on: February 21, 2013, 06:57:18 PM »

Offline LarBrd33

• Robert Parish
  • Tommy Points: 2016
Jason terry.. the Celtics are going nowhere fast and looking to feed minutes to their young guards Bradley, Lee and Crawford.   Expect to see Terry bought out so he can join a contender.

Kidding...

« Reply #28 on: February 21, 2013, 06:58:38 PM »

Offline crownontherocks

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 86

I think so but t will he left the team on personal reasons

« Reply #29 on: February 21, 2013, 07:02:03 PM »

Offline connor

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 37

T. Will was released from his contract due to a death in the family back home. The team he left will still be playing for at least 3 weeks.