Author Topic: Tim Ohlbrecht turns down 10 day contract from c's  (Read 6155 times)

Re: Tim Ohlbrecht turns down 10 day contract from c's
« Reply #15 on: February 22, 2013, 05:41:27 PM »

Offline LarBrd33

• Robert Parish
  • Tommy Points: 2016
I think a 10 day contract pays like 27k... whereas i think d-leaguers make 20-30k for a full season.  Nobody would turn it down. You'd basically be doubling your salary to sit on someone's bench for 10 days. 

That and of course... having actually been on an NBA roster helps your resume substantially.  He would have to have another offer to turn it down.

« Reply #16 on: February 22, 2013, 05:42:35 PM »

Offline relja

• Jrue Holiday
  • Tommy Points: 31
  • heart, hustle and muscle
I'm smelling an offer from the Heat, Knicks, Spurs or another team better than the Cs.
When you lose, the easy part is to see who gives up. Giving up is very simple. You basically take your stuff and walk away. To continue to work and to continue to compete is one of the most difficult things, especially when you really don't have anything - KG

« Reply #17 on: February 22, 2013, 05:43:35 PM »

Offline AshyLarry

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 177
  • Ashy To Classy, baby.
I think a 10 day contract pays like 27k... whereas i think d-leaguers make 20-30k for a full season.  Nobody would turn it down. You'd basically be doubling your salary to sit on someone's bench for 10 days.

Now I'm really kafuffled.
My pic is now, and will be Fab Melo until he posts his first official NBA dbl-dbl. This may be permanent.

« Reply #18 on: February 22, 2013, 05:44:27 PM »

Offline LarBrd33

• Robert Parish
  • Tommy Points: 2016
I'm smelling an offer from the Heat, Knicks, Spurs or another team better than the Cs.
Or a team worse than the Cs.  If i'm in his position, I go to whatever team i can get a few minutes from. 

« Reply #19 on: February 22, 2013, 05:55:10 PM »

Offline danglertx

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 210
What team could he possibly go to that he would have a better opportunity to play than Boston?  We essentially have no real centers on the team.

Get his teammate Whiteside then.

« Reply #20 on: February 22, 2013, 06:10:03 PM »

Online Neurotic Guy

• Dave Cowens
  • Tommy Points: 2501
Wow, a D-leaguer turned us down? I'm speechless. To those that think and try to defend the idea that we are now a destination for free agents, keep this in mind.

Now there's a sweeping conlclusion based on very little information.  I doubt that too many here still have (or ever had) the idea that Boston is a top destination for FAs.  Let's find out if he's been offered another more attractive place to play or if there is a reasonable explanation for his decision before concluding that this has any connection to FAs in general.

That said, I'll bet there are very few here who think we are a more attractive FA destination than LA, Miami, SA, NY/Brooklyn, Dallas and a few others.

« Reply #21 on: February 22, 2013, 06:11:34 PM »

Offline QuickT

• Svi Mykhailiuk
  • Tommy Points: 2
If they really want this guy they could sign him for the rest of the season, right?

« Reply #22 on: February 22, 2013, 06:12:11 PM »

Offline Mencius

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 103
Anybody seen this anywhere but that Sportando site?  I haven't, and I'm not sure if I buy it being true.

« Reply #23 on: February 22, 2013, 06:20:32 PM »

Offline kozlodoev

• NCE
  • Kevin Garnett
  • Tommy Points: 1294
I second the laker fan theory, too.
He's German, for crying out loud.
"I don't know half of you half as well as I should like; and I like less than half of you half as well as you deserve."

« Reply #24 on: February 22, 2013, 06:20:48 PM »

Offline LooseCannon

• NCE
  • Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 950
I wouldn't be shocked if he has a side agreement with the Rockets to be given a contract after the trade deadline, if they can clear a roster space for him.
"The worst thing that ever happened in sports was sports radio, and the internet is sports radio on steroids with lower IQs.” -- Brian Burke, former Toronto Maple Leafs senior adviser, at the 2013 MIT Sloan Sports Analytics Conference

« Reply #25 on: February 22, 2013, 06:29:59 PM »

Offline timobusa

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 284
  • Bleed Green, Die Green
What a bonehead move by a d-leaguer.
Unless you've got an offer with a better team, Why turn down the Celtics..

Thats 30 thousand dollars you could have made watching and learning from Kevin Garnett.

« Reply #26 on: February 22, 2013, 06:31:22 PM »

Offline BudweiserCeltic

• Dennis Johnson
  • Tommy Points: 1818

To add to your point for those that don't understand, he's obviously a Dallas Mavericks fan.

« Reply #27 on: February 22, 2013, 06:40:33 PM »

Offline kozlodoev

• NCE
  • Kevin Garnett
  • Tommy Points: 1294

To add to your point for those that don't understand, he's obviously a Dallas Mavericks fan.
:P
"I don't know half of you half as well as I should like; and I like less than half of you half as well as you deserve."

« Reply #28 on: February 22, 2013, 08:02:58 PM »

Offline celticpride07

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 222
Never heard of this guy so who cares. Get someone with a sexy name that we know that gets bought out
Pick 2 Heat: 
Pg: Jennings/Vasquez
Sg: Wade/R. Allen/Rivers
SF: Lebron/M. Williams
PF: Bosh/Humphries
C: B. Lopez/Dalembert/Anthony

« Reply #29 on: February 22, 2013, 08:14:33 PM »

Offline beklog

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 64
I wouldn't be shocked if he has a side agreement with the Rockets to be given a contract after the trade deadline, if they can clear a roster space for him.

Rumors has it.. he signed for the rest of the season contract for the Rockets...
Amateurs worry about equipment, professionals worry about money, masters worry about light… I just take pictures…