Author Topic: That's it? Seriously?  (Read 6193 times)

Re: That's it? Seriously?
« Reply #15 on: February 21, 2013, 04:53:21 PM »

Offline kozlodoev

• NCE
  • Kevin Garnett
  • Tommy Points: 1294
Crawford is a poor man's Barbosa...
Crawford is considerably better than Barbosa at the current stage of their respective careers.
"I don't know half of you half as well as I should like; and I like less than half of you half as well as you deserve."

« Reply #16 on: February 21, 2013, 04:54:46 PM »

Offline CelticConcourse

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 383
  • Jeff Green
Crawford is considerably better than Barbosa at the current stage of their respective careers.

Barbosa was having a horrific year, I think he could have played better (provided he had more PT)
Jeff Green - Top 5 SF

[Kevin Garnett]
"I've always said J. Green is going to be one of the best players to ever play this game"

« Reply #17 on: February 21, 2013, 04:54:52 PM »

Offline ImShakHeIsShaq

• NCE
  • Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 804
gary washburn ‏@GwashNBAGlobe

Danny Ainge says that's it for #celtics deals, but club is expected to search waiver wire for another big man
It takes me 3hrs to get to Miami and 1hr to get to Orlando... but I *SPIT* on their NBA teams! "Bless God and bless the (Celts)"-Lady GaGa (she said gays but she really meant Celts)

« Reply #18 on: February 21, 2013, 04:55:28 PM »

Offline relja

• Jrue Holiday
  • Tommy Points: 31
  • heart, hustle and muscle
not much effort put in to make a playoff worthy team

What is this based upon?

Upon the fact that we are thinner than ever at the 4 and 5, which was a more pressing issue.
When you lose, the easy part is to see who gives up. Giving up is very simple. You basically take your stuff and walk away. To continue to work and to continue to compete is one of the most difficult things, especially when you really don't have anything - KG

« Reply #19 on: February 21, 2013, 04:55:48 PM »

Offline Onslaught

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 156
And I think he could probably outrun him today too.
Peace through Tyranny

« Reply #20 on: February 21, 2013, 04:56:09 PM »

Offline AshyLarry

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 177
  • Ashy To Classy, baby.
Call me panicky and a guy who overreacts, but this trade deadline is a complete and utter failure.. No big man added, no big trades made, not much effort put in to make a playoff worthy team.. When we are already paper thin, Ainge trades 2 guys (1 of them a big) for a guy who will not see much playing time.. I'm sorry, but how are we better? Okay, we signed T-Will and Crawford, but we aren't more deeper.. Plus, we are down to very few big men.. An old KG who can't play many mins, Wilcox who is in Docs doghouse and a guy who has no clue what to do on the court.. And by giving up on Barbosa while injured we probably deprived ourselves of the chance of ever resigning him..

If I traded Marcin Gortat for a 3rd string big like Brandon Bass and a one-dimensional backup point guard like Avery Bradley, I'd be fired.  It is what it is.

I strongly disagree on this one. If you got Bradley out of the Gottat deal, that'd be pretty sweet for Phoenix, being a rebuilding team.
My pic is now, and will be Fab Melo until he posts his first official NBA dbl-dbl. This may be permanent.

« Reply #21 on: February 21, 2013, 04:56:17 PM »

Offline LooseCannon

• NCE
  • Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 950
Call me panicky and a guy who overreacts

Consider it done.
"The worst thing that ever happened in sports was sports radio, and the internet is sports radio on steroids with lower IQs.” -- Brian Burke, former Toronto Maple Leafs senior adviser, at the 2013 MIT Sloan Sports Analytics Conference

« Reply #22 on: February 21, 2013, 04:56:58 PM »

Offline CelticSooner

• Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 866
  • GOT IT!!!

I agree. Playing the same minutes as Barbosa it will probably be a wash though.

« Reply #23 on: February 21, 2013, 04:57:14 PM »

Offline Lightskinsmurf

• NCE
  • Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 134
Soon jason terry will be playing at center......

« Reply #24 on: February 21, 2013, 04:58:41 PM »

Offline LarBrd33

• Robert Parish
  • Tommy Points: 2016
Call me panicky and a guy who overreacts, but this trade deadline is a complete and utter failure.. No big man added, no big trades made, not much effort put in to make a playoff worthy team.. When we are already paper thin, Ainge trades 2 guys (1 of them a big) for a guy who will not see much playing time.. I'm sorry, but how are we better? Okay, we signed T-Will and Crawford, but we aren't more deeper.. Plus, we are down to very few big men.. An old KG who can't play many mins, Wilcox who is in Docs doghouse and a guy who has no clue what to do on the court.. And by giving up on Barbosa while injured we probably deprived ourselves of the chance of ever resigning him..

Were you that desperate to trade KG for Eric Blesoe? ... Really that anxious to give up Pierce for Kris Humphries?    Disappointed nobody wanted to give up an elite big man for a pu pu platter of Avery Bradley, Brandon Bass, Jared Sullinger and Fab Melo?   What would you have done differently?

If I'm the GM of another team, I don't give up an elite big for what the Celtics were offering.  If I traded Marcin Gortat for a 3rd string big like Brandon Bass and a one-dimensional backup point guard like Avery Bradley, I'd be fired.  It is what it is.  Fans always overrated their players and buy into the message board perception of trade value.  If we could have done better, Ainge would have done it. 

Instead, we filled a need... a replacement for Barbosa.   Crawford is a poor man's Barbosa... he should fit in well with what the Celtics were doing during their post-Rondo win streak.

I agree with your general point, but if I was the Suns GM I would gladly trade Gortat for Bradley+Sullinger/Bass and filler. Especially being in rebuilding mode.
You're clearly a fan of Bradley so that doesn't surprise me.  And in that case.. you can't be mad that Ainge didn't pull a trigger on a deal the Suns wouldn't have taken.... since you'd be upset, as a Celtic fan, if he traded away Bradley, Sully and Bass for Gortat.

There were no good deals to take and Danny didn't take a bad one.  Can't be mad at him.

« Reply #25 on: February 21, 2013, 04:58:47 PM »

Offline Onslaught

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 156
Soon jason terry will be playing at center......
I hope he can hit a hook shot better then his 3's this year.
Peace through Tyranny

« Reply #26 on: February 21, 2013, 04:59:23 PM »

Offline crownontherocks

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 86
Danny Ainge says that's it for #celtics deals, but club is expected to search waiver wire for another big man

« Reply #27 on: February 21, 2013, 04:59:57 PM »

Offline LarBrd33

• Robert Parish
  • Tommy Points: 2016

I agree. Playing the same minutes as Barbosa it will probably be a wash though.
I disagree.  Barbosa is pretty efficient.  Crawford is a bricklayer.  But at this point, you take Crawford over an injured Barbosa.  So it's a win.  For this team, this year... Crawford will make a fine replacement for Barbosa.  4th in the guard rotation.  15-20 minutes a night.  Scorer off the bench.

« Reply #28 on: February 21, 2013, 05:03:00 PM »

Offline Lucky17

• DKC Commish
  • JoJo White
  • Tommy Points: 2352
not much effort put in to make a playoff worthy team

What is this based upon?

Upon the fact that we are thinner than ever at the 4 and 5, which was a more pressing issue.

Healthy guards on the roster before today:
Bradley, Lee, Terry

Healthy bigs on the roster before today:
KG, Wilcox, Bass, Melo, Collins

Not a more pressing issue, especially when Jeff Green can also play the 4.

Waiver wire/buyouts are coming, people. Come down off the ledge.
DKC League is now on reddit!: http://www.reddit.com/r/dkcleague

« Reply #29 on: February 21, 2013, 05:05:13 PM »

Offline eugen

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 40
Call me panicky and a guy who overreacts, but this trade deadline is a complete and utter failure.. No big man added, no big trades made, not much effort put in to make a playoff worthy team..

Big man is not coming,and Collins is traded(?!)I named DA incompetent some days before, being sure that he is not gonna do anythink. Look what kind of failure. After all this what he did, since 2010,from trading Perk and letting Ray going to HEAT, the team is gonna be worse and worse, I think that Cs have to send him out, not only for mistakes he is making, but more being concerned about the future what I see a dark future under him power.