Author Topic: That's it? Seriously?  (Read 6238 times)

Re: That's it? Seriously?
« Reply #30 on: February 21, 2013, 05:09:45 PM »

Offline kozlodoev

• NCE
  • Kevin Garnett
  • Tommy Points: 1294
Call me panicky and a guy who overreacts, but this trade deadline is a complete and utter failure.. No big man added, no big trades made, not much effort put in to make a playoff worthy team..

Big man is not coming,and Collins is traded(?!)I named DA incompetent some days before, being sure that he is not gonna do anythink. Look what kind of failure. After all this what he did, since 2010,from trading Perk and letting Ray going to HEAT, the team is gonna be worse and worse, I think that Cs have to send him out, not only for mistakes he is making, but more being concerned about the future what I see a dark future under him power.
Maybe the Celtics should just hire you. But first, you may have to learn how to use a fullstop -- this thing is really hard to read.
"I don't know half of you half as well as I should like; and I like less than half of you half as well as you deserve."

« Reply #31 on: February 21, 2013, 05:15:09 PM »

Offline eugen

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 40
Call me panicky and a guy who overreacts, but this trade deadline is a complete and utter failure.. No big man added, no big trades made, not much effort put in to make a playoff worthy team..

Big man is not coming,and Collins is traded(?!)I named DA incompetent some days before, being sure that he is not gonna do anythink. Look what kind of failure. After all this what he did, since 2010,from trading Perk and letting Ray going to HEAT, the team is gonna be worse and worse, I think that Cs have to send him out, not only for mistakes he is making, but more being concerned about the future what I see a dark future under him power.
Maybe the Celtics should just hire you. But first, you may have to learn how to use a fullstop -- this thing is really hard to read.

I do have intention to be DA. I am not looking for this position. But you have to respect opinion of other people if they think differenntly from you

« Reply #32 on: February 21, 2013, 05:22:34 PM »

Offline Mr October

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 247
The Celtics did not have enough assets to bring back a big man of quality. Its that simple.

We all want to trade Bass or Melo away, but why would anyone else want them? Bass is over paid and very 1 dimensional. Melo is an Acie Earl style project.

If the C's traded Lee their perimeter defense gets worse, and further exposes the weak front court.

« Reply #33 on: February 21, 2013, 05:22:54 PM »

Offline LooseCannon

• NCE
  • Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 950
I do have intention to be DA. I am not looking for this position. But you have to respect opinion of other people if they think differenntly from you

I consider myself a logical person.  People who think differently from me are often illogical.  I do not feel the need to respect illogical opinions of other people, although I may feel the need to pretend to respect the other person.

In your case, your wording seems like it comes from someone whose first language is not English, which may cause problems for people trying to read what you wrote.
"The worst thing that ever happened in sports was sports radio, and the internet is sports radio on steroids with lower IQs.” -- Brian Burke, former Toronto Maple Leafs senior adviser, at the 2013 MIT Sloan Sports Analytics Conference

« Reply #34 on: February 21, 2013, 05:24:15 PM »

Offline barefacedmonk

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 1796
  • The Dude Abides
Kenyon Martin is going to the Knicks on a 10 day contract.
"An ounce of practice is worth more than tons of preaching." - M.K. Gandhi

« Reply #35 on: February 21, 2013, 05:27:36 PM »

Offline eugen

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 40

I consider myself a logical person.  People who think differently from me are often illogical..

Thats you problem...Good to be mentioned by yourself

« Reply #36 on: February 21, 2013, 05:28:51 PM »

Offline Eddie20

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 975
Man, it seem like ages ago that we were the biggest team in the league with KG, Baby, Shaq, JO, Perk, and Semih.

« Reply #37 on: February 21, 2013, 05:37:41 PM »

Offline Onslaught

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 156
Wow, that's a really old team.
Peace through Tyranny

« Reply #38 on: February 21, 2013, 05:39:23 PM »

Offline Lucky17

• DKC Commish
  • JoJo White
  • Tommy Points: 2352

I am really surprised it's just for ten days.

Wonder if Rasheed is done, for the second time.
DKC League is now on reddit!: http://www.reddit.com/r/dkcleague

« Reply #39 on: February 21, 2013, 05:42:39 PM »

Offline BudweiserCeltic

• Dennis Johnson
  • Tommy Points: 1818
Steve Bulpett ‏@SteveBHoop
Moot now, but as to whether KG would've waived his no-trade, CPaul and Chauncey couldn't convince him. Clips were still conflicted.

« Reply #40 on: February 21, 2013, 05:43:43 PM »

Offline barefacedmonk

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 1796
  • The Dude Abides

I am really surprised it's just for ten days.

Wonder if Rasheed is done, for the second time.

Woodson was quoted as saying both Rasheed and Camby have started practicing again. So who knows. Except Chandler, all the other bigs on their roster are old - Camby, Wallace, Martin, Thomas.
"An ounce of practice is worth more than tons of preaching." - M.K. Gandhi

« Reply #41 on: February 21, 2013, 05:47:25 PM »

Offline ImShakHeIsShaq

• NCE
  • Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 804
Crawford is only 22? So he can improve?? Cool. I like the move even if he was 30, you got a healthy guy or a guy out for season and Colly.

LOL I think he's 24...
« Last Edit: February 21, 2013, 06:02:40 PM by ImShakHeIsShaq »
It takes me 3hrs to get to Miami and 1hr to get to Orlando... but I *SPIT* on their NBA teams! "Bless God and bless the (Celts)"-Lady GaGa (she said gays but she really meant Celts)

« Reply #42 on: February 21, 2013, 05:48:53 PM »

Offline dreamgreen

• NCE
  • Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 182
Well at least the question was answered. We are sticking it out with the old guys and a small team. Sucks the other teams in the east are so bad, I wouldn't mind getting a lottery pick this year and coming back next year and try again.

« Reply #43 on: February 21, 2013, 05:49:48 PM »

Offline BballTim

• Dave Cowens
  • Tommy Points: 1123
Call me panicky and a guy who overreacts, but this trade deadline is a complete and utter failure.. No big man added, no big trades made, not much effort put in to make a playoff worthy team.. When we are already paper thin, Ainge trades 2 guys (1 of them a big) for a guy who will not see much playing time.. I'm sorry, but how are we better? Okay, we signed T-Will and Crawford, but we aren't more deeper.. Plus, we are down to very few big men.. An old KG who can't play many mins, Wilcox who is in Docs doghouse and a guy who has no clue what to do on the court.. And by giving up on Barbosa while injured we probably deprived ourselves of the chance of ever resigning him..

Who's the guy who has no clue what to do, Bass?

« Reply #44 on: February 21, 2013, 05:50:27 PM »

Offline Birdman

• Satch Sanders
  • Tommy Points: 413
I said 3 weeks ago there wouldnt be any major trades..Just see minor trades and i was right. But thought C;s would get Gortat  :(
C/PF-Horford, Baynes, Noel, Theis, Morris,
SF/SG- Tatum, Brown, Hayward, Smart, Semi, Clark
PG- Irving, Rozier, Larkin