Author Topic: Rondo Needs to Study Tony Parker Game Film for Emulation Purposes  (Read 499 times)

Offline Kane3387

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 944
  • Intensity!!!
The Celtics and Spurs have very similar personnel and recently I heard Steve Kerr was saying that since Rondo went down the Celtics have been looking a lot like San Antonio.

Tony Parker is the straw that stirs the drink in SA and they go as far as he can take them. He is the most underrated player in the NBA and has been a top 3 PG since last season.

Next year if we go after it again Rondo must be more aggressive offensively. He needs to make the defense play on its heels at all time like Parker does.

I'm not a huge Parker fan, but his style of play is perfect for the Spurs and would be the perfect way for Rondo to play with us.

KG: "Dude.... What is up with yo shorts?!"

CBD_2016 Cavs Remaining Picks - 14.14

Re: Rondo Needs to Study Tony Parker Game Film for Emulation Purposes
« Reply #1 on: February 22, 2013, 02:07:09 AM »

Offline GranTur

• Al Horford
  • Tommy Points: 68
  • Anti-NBA Hipster
Parker plays a lot harder in the regular season than Rondo. Especially when Rondo is playing hurt like he was for weeks before he tore his ACL.

Rondo's style of play is meant for the playoffs. Despite being so quick, Rondo is more of a half-court play-execution PG. He rarely plays off-the-ball.

Especially in the regular season, Rondo generally prefers a slow pace. In the playoffs, Rondo's ball domination pays off because he becomes more aggressive in every facet.

Pierce suffers from a similar syndrome. Pierce is 100% mentally there, but until the postseason, he physically can't execute the defense and lift until his juices are flowing.

Rondo doesn't need to play more like anybody.
"It's not how you play the game. It's whether you win or lose--that's my motto." -Larry Bird