Author Topic: Miami Heat Interested In Signing Kenyon Martin? Whats Up Danny Ainge  (Read 3107 times)

Re: Miami Heat Interested In Signing Kenyon Martin? Whats Up Danny Ainge
« Reply #15 on: February 21, 2013, 05:38:12 PM »

Offline Lightskinsmurf

• NCE
  • Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 134
Knicks have agreed to sign veteran forward Kenyon Martin to a 10-day contract, a source told Yahoo! Sports.

@SpearsNBAYahoo

Unbelievable........screw danny.

Why?

I, for one, have no interest in Kenyon Martin. He's a poor rebounder and defender, and his career field goal percentage is below the league average. There are more than enough reasons not to like K-Mart, even ignoring his age.

Luckily, Danny understands these things.

Yeah, lucky for us. Now we can keep wilcox and fab backing up KG.  ::) This isn't about kmart being an amazing player. This is about US NEEDING BIG MEN DESPERATELY. The clippers don't get out the first round without kmart, nuff said.

« Reply #16 on: February 21, 2013, 05:52:16 PM »

Offline RyNye

• NGT
  • Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 97
Yeah, lucky for us. Now we can keep wilcox and fab backing up KG.  ::) This isn't about kmart being an amazing player. This is about US NEEDING BIG MEN DESPERATELY.

You DO realize that Kenyon Martin isn't the only big man available off of the waiver wire or free agency, right? Unless Danny passes the deadline without having added anyone, your complaint holds no water.

The clippers don't get out the first round without kmart, nuff said.

::)

Yeah, Martin's 5 points per game in 15 minutes of time were SUPER valuable. There's no way that the Clippers could have beaten the Grizzlies in 7 games. Without Martin's 5 points the only contributions they had were Chris Paul's paltry 20 points and 7 assists per game, or Blake Griffin's 18pts/7 rebounds per game.

Come on, man, you can disagree with me all you want, but there's no use in lying like this. Martin barely played in that Grizzlies series, and didn't even play that well when he did.

« Reply #17 on: February 21, 2013, 05:55:10 PM »

Offline vinnie

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 429
Why do they need a big? Jordan Crawford is 6'4". That's big to me.

« Reply #18 on: February 21, 2013, 06:06:54 PM »

Offline Lightskinsmurf

• NCE
  • Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 134
Yeah, lucky for us. Now we can keep wilcox and fab backing up KG.  ::) This isn't about kmart being an amazing player. This is about US NEEDING BIG MEN DESPERATELY.

You DO realize that Kenyon Martin isn't the only big man available off of the waiver wire or free agency, right? Unless Danny passes the deadline without having added anyone, your complaint holds no water.

Yeah, Martin's 5 points per game in 15 minutes of time were SUPER valuable. There's no way that the Clippers could have beaten the Grizzlies in 7 games. Without Martin's 5 points the only contributions they had were Chris Paul's paltry 20 points and 7 assists per game, or Blake Griffin's 18pts/7 rebounds per game.

Come on, man, you can disagree with me all you want, but there's no use in lying like this. Martin barely played in that Grizzlies series, and didn't even play that well when he did.

You clearly didn't watch the series and instead looking up stats to try to prove your point. Have fun watching bass play the 5 and wilcox as our only big man off the bench, enjoy.

« Reply #19 on: February 21, 2013, 06:09:11 PM »

Offline vinnie

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 429

You clearly didn't watch the series and instead looking up stats to try to prove your point. Have fun watching bass play the 5 and wilcox as our only big man off the bench, enjoy.

Come on. Bass was a beast last night guarding Dwight. Seriously though, a KG, Bass, Wilcox front line rotation doesn't generate a whole lot of confidence. I know, Green can play the 4, blah blah blah.

« Reply #20 on: February 21, 2013, 06:36:16 PM »

Offline kozlodoev

• NCE
  • Kevin Garnett
  • Tommy Points: 1294
Come on. Bass was a beast last night guarding Dwight. Seriously though, a KG, Bass, Wilcox front line rotation doesn't generate a whole lot of confidence. I know, Green can play the 4, blah blah blah.
It doesn't generate _any_ confidence. But then again, having Collins (or, indeed, Martin) doesn't make me any more confident -- and I'm not quite sure which one of the guys that got traded at the deadline would have.
"I don't know half of you half as well as I should like; and I like less than half of you half as well as you deserve."