Author Topic: So now that the deadline has passed, who are the buy-out candidates?  (Read 4786 times)

Offline BleedGreen1989

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 568
Any ideas?
*CB Miami Heat*
Kyle Lowry, Dwayne Wade, 13th pick in even numbered rounds, 18th pick in odd numbered rounds.

Re: So now that the deadline has passed, who are the buy-out candidates?
« Reply #1 on: February 21, 2013, 03:50:52 PM »

Offline lrybrd

• Brad Stevens
  • Tommy Points: 18
Word is that Hakim Warrick is going to get waived.

« Reply #2 on: February 21, 2013, 03:56:55 PM »

Offline jbaerg

• Brad Stevens
  • Tommy Points: 16
We require more Nenad

« Reply #3 on: February 21, 2013, 04:03:48 PM »

Offline Lucky17

• DKC Commish
  • JoJo White
  • Tommy Points: 2352
Don't know what Beno Udrih's situation in Orlando is like, whether he'll want to stay and increase interest in his pending free agency, or leave and join a contender.

Lou Amundson and Kenyon Martin are still unsigned. I bet the Knicks, Heat, and other teams (Boston) will be connected to them.

Hak Warrick will be bought out. Ronnie Price will be released to make room for new Blazer Eric Maynor. Price is currently injured, but wouldn't be a bad emergency PG to pick up for cheap.
DKC League is now on reddit!: http://www.reddit.com/r/dkcleague

« Reply #4 on: February 21, 2013, 04:33:52 PM »

Offline Who

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2401
The latest word on veteran center Samuel Dalembert, meanwhile, is that the Bucks are actually more inclined to keep him than move him now in the wake of Dalembert's fine fill-in work since Sanders was sidelined by a back injury. For much of the season -- largely when he was barely playing under Scott Skiles -- Dalembert was regarded as one of the players most likely to be traded this season.
- Marc Stein

So the Bucks decided to keep Dalembert at the trade deadline. His recent play convinced them he is worth holding onto.

Sounds like he won't be bought out.

« Reply #5 on: February 21, 2013, 04:41:57 PM »

Offline Lucky17

• DKC Commish
  • JoJo White
  • Tommy Points: 2352
The latest word on veteran center Samuel Dalembert, meanwhile, is that the Bucks are actually more inclined to keep him than move him now in the wake of Dalembert's fine fill-in work since Sanders was sidelined by a back injury. For much of the season -- largely when he was barely playing under Scott Skiles -- Dalembert was regarded as one of the players most likely to be traded this season.
- Marc Stein

So the Bucks decided to keep Dalembert at the trade deadline. His recent play convinced them he is worth holding onto.

Was surprised that neither Dalembert nor Mike Dunleavy were traded (both expirings). Perhaps they were offered up as part of the Josh Smith trade that Atlanta passed on.
DKC League is now on reddit!: http://www.reddit.com/r/dkcleague

« Reply #6 on: February 21, 2013, 05:20:08 PM »

Offline mkogav

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 537
- Marc Stein

Was surprised that neither Dalembert nor Mike Dunleavy were traded (both expirings). Perhaps they were offered up as part of the Josh Smith trade that Atlanta passed on.

IMO, the Bucks are only looking short-term. They are all-in on the playoffs. They need SammyD & Dunleavy for depth in case of injury.

Mk

Sickness, insanity and death were the angels that surrounded my cradle and they have followed me throughout my life - Edvard Munch

DKC Knicks

« Reply #7 on: February 21, 2013, 05:52:10 PM »

Offline Kane3387

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 944
  • Intensity!!!
K mart to knicks on ten day contract

KG: "Dude.... What is up with yo shorts?!"

CBD_2016 Cavs Remaining Picks - 14.14

« Reply #8 on: February 21, 2013, 06:02:30 PM »

Offline jambr380

• K.C. Jones
  • Tommy Points: 1756
  • Everybody knows what's best for you
I appreciate the positive attitude, but who really cares? This team isn't making a long playoff run [especially evidenced by the last two nights] and we are going to be too mediocre, but not bad enough, to gain any traction in today's nba.

« Reply #9 on: February 21, 2013, 06:06:34 PM »

Offline CelticG1

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 288
Knicks have tyson chandler, amare, sheed, camby, thomas and martin? Does thatvmake any sense? One of those latter end guys have to get bought out and if sobibguess id have tonbe interested

« Reply #10 on: February 21, 2013, 06:13:42 PM »

Offline ImShakHeIsShaq

• NCE
  • Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 804
I appreciate the positive attitude, but who really cares? This team isn't making a long playoff run [especially evidenced by the last two nights] and we are going to be too mediocre, but not bad enough, to gain any traction in today's nba.

Yea, you don't care but you're still here commenting...
It takes me 3hrs to get to Miami and 1hr to get to Orlando... but I *SPIT* on their NBA teams! "Bless God and bless the (Celts)"-Lady GaGa (she said gays but she really meant Celts)

« Reply #11 on: February 21, 2013, 06:22:00 PM »

Offline ImShakHeIsShaq

• NCE
  • Tiny Archibald
When is buy-out deadline?
It takes me 3hrs to get to Miami and 1hr to get to Orlando... but I *SPIT* on their NBA teams! "Bless God and bless the (Celts)"-Lady GaGa (she said gays but she really meant Celts)

« Reply #12 on: February 21, 2013, 06:23:57 PM »

Offline BudweiserCeltic

• Dennis Johnson
  • Tommy Points: 1818

Don't think there is one, but a player must be on a roster by March 1 to be eligible to play in the playoffs, so that's usually the cut-off date.

More like 2 days before so that they can clear waivers.

« Reply #13 on: February 21, 2013, 06:26:12 PM »

Offline GreenEnvy

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 1031

Players have to be bought out by 3/1 to be eligible for the playoffs on another team.

They can be added anytime, but have to be off an NBA roster come 3/1.
CELTICS 2024

« Reply #14 on: February 21, 2013, 06:29:39 PM »

Offline ImShakHeIsShaq

• NCE
  • Tiny Archibald

Don't think there is one, but a player must be on a roster by March 1 to be eligible to play in the playoffs, so that's usually the cut-off date.

More like 2 days before so that they can clear waivers.

So we got another week of this? Just hoping for some solid buyout? Ugh, I wish it was over with already!