Author Topic: Crawford to Celtics  (Read 16481 times)

Re: Crawford to Celtics?
« Reply #135 on: February 21, 2013, 11:38:04 PM »

Offline byennie

• Webmaster
  • Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 3033
I don't see how anyone can be disappointed with this deal on its own.

20/5/5 per 40 minutes, 24 years old, improved both years in the league, never played for a decent team. He may even be a good cross-matchup guy with Bradley.

Now, I wouldn't have paid a steep price for him considering the attitude issues and defense, but getting him pretty much for free is hard to argue with IMO.

« Reply #136 on: February 21, 2013, 11:47:02 PM »

Offline LooseCannon

• NCE
  • Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 950
Statistically, Jordan Crawford looks like a cheaper Ben Gordon, which I don't think you should want as a starter, but could be acceptable in a bench role.
"The worst thing that ever happened in sports was sports radio, and the internet is sports radio on steroids with lower IQs.” -- Brian Burke, former Toronto Maple Leafs senior adviser, at the 2013 MIT Sloan Sports Analytics Conference

« Reply #137 on: February 22, 2013, 12:21:38 AM »

Offline gar

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 247
  • Strength from Within
Sorry if this has already been mentioned; but isn't Jordan Crawford just about as close to being the same player as Marshon Brooks as you can get and we didn't have to give up anything to get him. True the character issues may not match up in Crawford's favor.

We basically got half of the Pierce trade for next to nothing. You add in T-Will to make up for Crawford's defensive liabilities and it is a decent move given limitations on his ability/desire to move Garnet and Pierce.

« Reply #138 on: February 22, 2013, 01:29:17 AM »

Offline wahz

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 101
Can't understand why we included Collins, does he really save that much tax money? Won't we just need to replace him with another veteran at a similar salary?

Someone else probably told you but I have no doubt Danny added Collins so Doc couldn't play him anymore

« Reply #139 on: February 22, 2013, 01:31:19 AM »

Offline BudweiserCeltic

• Dennis Johnson
  • Tommy Points: 1818
This is a great deal, which will potentially have some very positive repercussions for our trade options during free-agency or next year's trade deadline. Meaning, willingness to trade Lee or Terry for the big people are coveting. Even more so, if Williams pans out and willing to stay for cheap.

« Reply #140 on: February 22, 2013, 02:45:33 AM »

Offline biggs

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 71
For some reason this reminds me of when we got Calbert Cheaney  :)
Truuuuuuuuuth!

« Reply #141 on: February 22, 2013, 06:41:01 AM »

Offline Gomesfan

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 102
I will tell you one thing..... When ever we played the Wizard lately Tommy &  Mike have actually said they liked Crawford and that he has "killed us"  scoring..... They both said they liked his scoring the ball ability
L.A. Clippers
Derrick Rose Blake Griffin 4.11 5.3 5.15 6.11 7.15 8.11 9.15 10.11 11.15 12.11 13.15

« Reply #142 on: February 22, 2013, 07:40:16 AM »

Offline kozlodoev

• NCE
  • Kevin Garnett
  • Tommy Points: 1294
Sorry if this has already been mentioned; but isn't Jordan Crawford just about as close to being the same player as Marshon Brooks as you can get and we didn't have to give up anything to get him. True the character issues may not match up in Crawford's favor.

We basically got half of the Pierce trade for next to nothing. You add in T-Will to make up for Crawford's defensive liabilities and it is a decent move given limitations on his ability/desire to move Garnet and Pierce.
I'd hazard a guess that Crawford has the potential to be better than Brooks solely because of his positional versatility: he can play PG in a pinch.

But yes, I think that overall that's a fair assessment.
"I don't know half of you half as well as I should like; and I like less than half of you half as well as you deserve."

« Reply #143 on: February 22, 2013, 11:59:55 AM »

Offline BudweiserCeltic

• Dennis Johnson
  • Tommy Points: 1818
A. Sherrod Blakely ‏@SherrodbCSN
#CelticsTalk: Jordan Crawford is in Phoenix with the #Celtics and will likely be in uniform tonight vs the #Suns.

« Reply #144 on: February 22, 2013, 12:05:00 PM »

Offline Donoghus

• Global Moderator
  • Bill Russell
  • Tommy Points: 1607
  • What a Pub Should Be
#CelticsTalk: Jordan Crawford is in Phoenix with the #Celtics and will likely be in uniform tonight vs the #Suns.

Good news.  They could certainly use the body right now.

2010 CB Historical Draft - Best Overall Team

« Reply #145 on: February 22, 2013, 12:06:07 PM »

Offline Kane3387

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 944
  • Intensity!!!

Sweet

KG: "Dude.... What is up with yo shorts?!"

CBD_2016 Cavs Remaining Picks - 14.14

« Reply #146 on: February 22, 2013, 12:06:11 PM »

Offline Chief

• Robert Parish
  • Tommy Points: 2450

Good news.  They could certainly use the body right now.

Hopefully he can back up KG at center. ;D
Once you are labeled 'the best' you want to stay up there, and you can't do it by loafing around.

Larry Bird

« Reply #147 on: February 22, 2013, 12:22:12 PM »

Offline GreenEnvy

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 1031
Statistically, Jordan Crawford looks like a cheaper Ben Gordon, which I don't think you should want as a starter, but could be acceptable in a bench role.

Yeah I think he will be fine for us in that role. Similar to Barbosa. Maybe not as efficient, but certainly capable to get a shot off and not defer to a guarded teammate with 3 seconds on the clock.

If he can make an extra bucket or two a game that we probably wouldn't get without him, that could make a big difference.

~15 MPG, that's all we really need from him.
CELTICS 2024

« Reply #148 on: February 22, 2013, 01:49:55 PM »

Offline barefacedmonk

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 1796
  • The Dude Abides
Jordan Crawford is with #celtics in Phoenix and will wear #27

- @GwashNBAGlobe
"An ounce of practice is worth more than tons of preaching." - M.K. Gandhi

« Reply #149 on: February 22, 2013, 01:54:36 PM »

Offline crownontherocks

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 86
Jordan Crawford picked No. 27 -- not because of his draft position -- but 7-2 = 5, one of his preferred digits.

Crawford: “Nervous, more than anything. This is Boston Celtics. You hear about them growing up, so just to be on this team is an honor.”

Crawford on KG summer incident. “It was never a thing. It was just basketball. Now we’re on the [same] team, hopefully I can help them.”