Author Topic: Crawford to Celtics  (Read 16412 times)

Re: Crawford to Celtics?
« Reply #90 on: February 21, 2013, 04:49:16 PM »

Offline gar

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 247
  • Strength from Within
Crawford and T-Will two very skilled young athletic players. Bradley's and Terry's limitations showed last night. We got abused by Nash. Lee and T-Will were the only guards who looked like they could play with the Lakers (a 500 team).

« Reply #91 on: February 21, 2013, 04:52:52 PM »

Offline CelticConcourse

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 383
  • Jeff Green
Crawford and T-Will two very skilled young athletic players. Bradley's and Terry's limitations showed last night. We got abused by Nash. Lee and T-Will were the only guards who looked like they could play with the Lakers (a 500 team).

I concur. T-Will had a great possession on Kobe too
Jeff Green - Top 5 SF

[Kevin Garnett]
"I've always said J. Green is going to be one of the best players to ever play this game"

« Reply #92 on: February 21, 2013, 05:12:58 PM »

Offline celtsfan84

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 80
why would a bad team like the wiz just give away a guy averaging 13 ppg?
Because he causes more damage to his team than he helps them.

He is like a miniature version of Monta Ellis. Unable to play the PG position because he cannot run a team and unable to play his natural position at SG because he cannot defend opposing SGs.

Too inefficient offensively. Too vulnerable defensively. Streaky player who more often hurts his team than he helps them.

I've never been huge on +/- stats, since they depend on who you see playing time with, game situations, etc..., but I'm a little alarmed that the Wizards are substantially worse with Jordan Crawford on the floor, 3 years in a row.  The Wizards have been a pretty bad team the last 3 years.

« Reply #93 on: February 21, 2013, 06:33:05 PM »

Offline Tr1boy

• Paul Pierce
  • Tommy Points: 867
I like the pickup. You want a Barbosa replacement? Crawford is as close as you get. The guy is lightning fast towards the basket and can shoot the three. He can pass also but chooses to try to do it on his own too much.

But worse case you get a guy in who can get you 6 to 8 points in a blur.

« Reply #94 on: February 21, 2013, 06:34:19 PM »

Offline kozlodoev

• NCE
  • Kevin Garnett
  • Tommy Points: 1294

He is like a miniature version of Monta Ellis. Unable to play the PG position because he cannot run a team and unable to play his natural position at SG because he cannot defend opposing SGs.

Too inefficient offensively. Too vulnerable defensively. Streaky player who more often hurts his team than he helps them.

I've never been huge on +/- stats, since they depend on who you see playing time with, game situations, etc..., but I'm a little alarmed that the Wizards are substantially worse with Jordan Crawford on the floor, 3 years in a row.  The Wizards have been a pretty bad team the last 3 years.
Your +/- may suffer when you're backing up John Wall on what's otherwise a horrible team.
"I don't know half of you half as well as I should like; and I like less than half of you half as well as you deserve."

« Reply #95 on: February 21, 2013, 06:46:19 PM »

Offline celtsfan84

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 80

Your +/- may suffer when you're backing up John Wall on what's otherwise a horrible team.

It may, but that doesn't really seem to be the problem with Crawford.

Wall has missed about a third of the Wizards games so far in 2012-2013, so it isn't only units with John Wall that are outperforming units with Crawford.  Units with AJ Price at point guard and units with Bradley Beal at point guard have outperformed units with Jordan Crawford.

And in 2011-2012 and 2010-2011, Jordan Crawford played most of his minutes with John Wall on the floor, via 82games.com.

The team has been worse with him on the floor for 3 years running, even when he is playing with Wall and even when compared to point guards that aren't Wall.

This is particularly alarming, because as you have noted, the Wizards are a horrible team.  AJ Price isn't setting the bar very high.
« Last Edit: February 21, 2013, 06:56:35 PM by celtsfan84 »

« Reply #96 on: February 21, 2013, 06:58:31 PM »

Offline Smitty77

• NCE
  • Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 269
You simply cannot extrapolate ANYTHING from Wizard stats this year with Wall being out so much and Nene just now getting to be a SHELL of his former self and Beal building houses with his bricks the first 1/3 of the year.

If anyone does not think that we just STOLE him, you are blind.

Smitty77

« Reply #97 on: February 21, 2013, 07:00:43 PM »

Offline ImShakHeIsShaq

• NCE
  • Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 804
You simply cannot extrapolate ANYTHING from Wizard stats this year with Wall being out so much and Nene just now getting to be a SHELL of his former self and Beal building houses with his bricks the first 1/3 of the year.

Smitty77

I almost gave the guy a thread and highlight vids a couple times 2day...

WE GAVE UP BARBOSA'S NONE PLAYING BODY AND COLLINS!!! We STOLE him!!!
It takes me 3hrs to get to Miami and 1hr to get to Orlando... but I *SPIT* on their NBA teams! "Bless God and bless the (Celts)"-Lady GaGa (she said gays but she really meant Celts)

« Reply #98 on: February 21, 2013, 07:01:53 PM »

Offline Lord of Mikawa

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 66
  • Anti-Lakers&Anti-Heat
I'm glad with we got Crawford. If he doesn't pan out, not much lost.
Signed to a 6 year $0 contract with the Celtics Blog forum!

« Reply #99 on: February 21, 2013, 07:03:24 PM »

Offline kozlodoev

• NCE
  • Kevin Garnett

Smitty77
Given how we gave up pretty much nothing for him, it's hard not to consider him a steal. The question now is how good is he going to be in a more structured environment where people are held accountable. He apparently griped about his role when Wall was back and he got relegated to the bench.
"I don't know half of you half as well as I should like; and I like less than half of you half as well as you deserve."

« Reply #100 on: February 21, 2013, 07:22:31 PM »

Offline alajet

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 54
Judging by my observations, this guy is marginally passing more than Nick Young.
Just saying.

Oh, on another note, we just got back a new E'Twaun Moore for our team. Nice.

« Reply #101 on: February 21, 2013, 07:25:37 PM »

Offline Celtics4ever

• NCE
  • Johnny Most
  • Tommy Points: 1323
I am happy with the move.   I was willing to go either way with a breakup or a another run.   I love the C's but decent player with nothing gave up.  I do not think Barbosa would have got signed next year.

« Reply #102 on: February 21, 2013, 07:26:34 PM »

Offline CelticConcourse

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 383
  • Jeff Green
Judging by my observations, this guy is marginally passing more than Nick Young.
Just saying.

He would have second most assists on our team. What??
Jeff Green - Top 5 SF

[Kevin Garnett]
"I've always said J. Green is going to be one of the best players to ever play this game"

« Reply #103 on: February 21, 2013, 07:27:49 PM »

Offline kozlodoev

• NCE
  • Kevin Garnett
I am happy with the move.   I was willing to go either way with a breakup or a another run.   I love the C's but decent player with nothing gave up.  I do not think Barbosa would have got signed next year.
For what it's worth, Wizards fans are irate and feel that Grunfeld got fleeced on this one.

« Reply #104 on: February 21, 2013, 07:28:02 PM »

Offline OsirusCeltics

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 198
T-Will and Crawford. Finally two people who can create their own shot besides Pierce!!!