Author Topic: Crawford to Celtics  (Read 16410 times)

Re: Crawford to Celtics?
« Reply #75 on: February 21, 2013, 03:53:05 PM »

Offline nickagneta

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 8794
  • President of Jaylen Brown Fan Club
This move was a business move not a basketball move. It saves $600,000, might get the C's under the luxury tax, and/or open more space under the hard cap.

It has nothing to do with bigs or guards or anything else. It was business and Danny is going to give Williams and Crawford to Doc and tell him:

"Just make it work until the end of the year. If you can make the playoffs and we can fill the building a couple times, great. If not, no biggie, we weren't going to win it all without Rondo anyway. Let's get through this year and we will start fresh next."

« Reply #76 on: February 21, 2013, 03:58:02 PM »

Offline Snakehead

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 448
This move was a business move not a basketball move. It saves $600,000, might get the C's under the luxury tax, and/or open more space under the hard cap.

It has nothing to do with bigs or guards or anything else. It was business and Danny is going to give Williams and Crawford to Doc and tell him:

"Just make it work until the end of the year. If you can make the playoffs and we can fill the building a couple times, great. If not, no biggie, we weren't going to win it all without Rondo anyway. Let's get through this year and we will start fresh next."

Pretty much this.

But now Fab has to play legit minutes unless something changes.  Which is scary.  But oh well.
"I really don't want people to understand me." - Jordan Crawford

« Reply #77 on: February 21, 2013, 04:01:03 PM »

Offline kozlodoev

• NCE
  • Kevin Garnett
  • Tommy Points: 1294
But now Fab has to play legit minutes unless something changes.  Which is scary.  But oh well.
I used to think Collins was a crafty veteran who plays solid positional defense, but frankly, after his most recent outings, I don't see how Melo can be substantially worse.
"I don't know half of you half as well as I should like; and I like less than half of you half as well as you deserve."

« Reply #78 on: February 21, 2013, 04:01:22 PM »

Offline Boris Badenov

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 1065
"Jordan Crawford is 1 of 7 players averaging 18 pts, 5 ast & 4 rebs per 36 min. (Kobe, LeBron, Wade, Harden, Westbrook, Manu)." Anybody wanna research this to see if its true.

It's true, but....

Chris Paul misses by 0.3 rebounds.  John Wall misses by 0.1 points.  Stephen Curry misses by 0.1 rebounds.  Kyrie Irving misses by 0.2 rebounds.  Ramon Sessions misses by 0.1 points.  Paul Pierce misses by 0.3 assists.  Heck, Nate Robinson is short by half a rebound.

Still, being one of 23 players averaging at least 17 points, 4 assists, and 3 rebounds per 36 minutes isn't bad.

What it really means is that he's a very good rebounder at the guard spot. He's averaging 5.7 per 48 minutes.

The only PGs with better rebounding numbers are Shumpert, Westbrook, Vasquez, Kidd and Bledsoe.

There are even only 10 or so SGs who rebound at a better rate - Kobe, Harden, Sefolosha, TA, Iggy etc.

So look at it this way - if our most pressing need was a rebounding big, at least we got a rebounding small!

« Reply #79 on: February 21, 2013, 04:03:28 PM »

Offline Evantime34

• NCE
  • Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 764
  • Eagerly Awaiting the Next Fantasy Draft

But aren't we going to sign two players to fill out the roster that make more than that $600k combined?
DKC:  Rockets
CB Draft: Memphis Grizz
Players: Klay Thompson, Jabari Parker, Aaron Gordon
Next 3 picks: 4.14, 4.15, 4.19

« Reply #80 on: February 21, 2013, 04:07:34 PM »

Offline Snakehead

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 448
I used to think Collins was a crafty veteran who plays solid positional defense, but frankly, after his most recent outings, I don't see how Melo can be substantially worse.

ha I still give him credit for solid enough D but his lack of rebounding, as I said, is just confusing.

I hope you're right about Fab though I guess you probably aren't wrong.  I just hope Fab doesn't make bonehead plays.
"I really don't want people to understand me." - Jordan Crawford

« Reply #81 on: February 21, 2013, 04:09:06 PM »

Offline nickagneta

• James Naismith

But aren't we going to sign two players to fill out the roster that make more than that $600k combined?
Rondo
Bradley
Pierce
Bass
KG
Green
Lee
Terry
Wilcox
Sullinger
Melo
Williams
Crawford

If Williams isn't retained, and I don't think he will be, they still have 12 players on the roster. That meets league minimum requirements. They don't need to sign anyone else.

« Reply #82 on: February 21, 2013, 04:13:37 PM »

Offline Evantime34

• NCE
  • Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 764
  • Eagerly Awaiting the Next Fantasy Draft

Rondo
Bradley
Pierce
Bass
KG
Green
Lee
Terry
Wilcox
Sullinger
Melo
Williams
Crawford

If Williams isn't retained, and I don't think he will be, they still have 12 players on the roster. That meets league minimum requirements. They don't need to sign anyone else.
With Sullinger/Rondo injured and KG/Pierce not being able to play too many minutes due to age I would be shocked if they didn't sign anyone else.

If you would care to make a tp wager on it I would be game.
DKC:  Rockets
CB Draft: Memphis Grizz
Players: Klay Thompson, Jabari Parker, Aaron Gordon
Next 3 picks: 4.14, 4.15, 4.19

« Reply #83 on: February 21, 2013, 04:14:45 PM »

Offline Roy H.

• Forums Manager
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: -25640
  • Bo Knows: Joe Don't Know Diddley

Rondo
Bradley
Pierce
Bass
KG
Green
Lee
Terry
Wilcox
Sullinger
Melo
Williams
Crawford

For whatever it's worth, the new league minimum roster size is now 13.  I think it may have been 12 under the last CBA, but it's 13 now.

I'M THE SILVERBACK GORILLA IN THIS MOTHER——— AND DON'T NONE OF YA'LL EVER FORGET IT!@ 34 minutes

« Reply #84 on: February 21, 2013, 04:17:54 PM »

Offline esel1000

• Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 587
Pretty sure Crawford played pg for the Wiz when Wall was out, and he put up some nice stats. Hopefully he works out here

« Reply #85 on: February 21, 2013, 04:22:10 PM »

Offline Kane3387

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 944
  • Intensity!!!
We need a big. Melo isn't ready leaving only kg, bass, Wilcox, and at times green.

KG: "Dude.... What is up with yo shorts?!"

CBD_2016 Cavs Remaining Picks - 14.14

« Reply #86 on: February 21, 2013, 04:23:52 PM »

Offline nickagneta

• James Naismith

Rondo
Bradley
Pierce
Bass
KG
Green
Lee
Terry
Wilcox
Sullinger
Melo
Williams
Crawford

For whatever it's worth, the new league minimum roster size is now 13.  I think it may have been 12 under the last CBA, but it's 13 now.
Then I guess if Williams doesn't get signed the rest of the season, someone besides him will.

« Reply #87 on: February 21, 2013, 04:42:49 PM »

Offline Celtics18

• Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 1469
I'm just glad we didn't get rid of Fab Melo. 
DKC Seventy-Sixers:

PG: G. Hill/D. Schroder
SG: C. Lee/B. Hield/T. Luwawu
SF:  Giannis/J. Lamb/M. Kuzminskas
PF:  E. Ilyasova/J. Jerebko/R. Christmas
C:    N. Vucevic/K. Olynyk/E. Davis/C. Jefferson

« Reply #88 on: February 21, 2013, 04:43:56 PM »

Offline erisred

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 37
why would a bad team like the wiz just give away a guy averaging 13 ppg?
He was mouthing off in the locker room.

« Reply #89 on: February 21, 2013, 04:45:45 PM »

Offline j804

• Satch Sanders
  • Tommy Points: 3060
  • BLOOD SWEAT & TEARS
*puts green goggles on*

Banner 18 here we come baby! Crawford!!
"7ft PG. Rondo leaves and GUESS WHAT? We got a BIGGER point guard!"-Tommy on Olynyk