Author Topic: Crawford to Celtics  (Read 16402 times)

Re: Crawford to Celtics?
« Reply #45 on: February 21, 2013, 02:42:24 PM »

Offline masteremile123

• The Green Kornet
  • Tommy Points: 10
Why is everyone hating on this guy ? 13 ppg is better than all 3 of our guards , jeff green and is 3rd most on our team ...

« Reply #46 on: February 21, 2013, 02:43:11 PM »

Offline droopdog7

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 466
Adrian Wojnarowski ‏@WojYahooNBA
Celtics will send the Leandro Barbosa expiring contract to the Wizards for Jordan Crawford, league source tells Y! Sports.
That is fine. Make use of that dead roster spot. Crawford will be a useful fifth guard.

5th guard?  I'd say he's fourth in line, unless you think Wlliams is in front of him?

Did we just get him for Barbosa straight up?  If so, that's a steal.

Yeah, I think T-Williams is in front of him. I think his size, defense and rebounding is more important than Crawford's streaky scoring.
Williams isn't even an NBA player.  The only person he should be in front of is someone like me.

« Reply #47 on: February 21, 2013, 02:43:44 PM »

Offline celticinorlando

• Paul Pierce
  • Tommy Points: 627
  • MASTER OF PANIC
Adrian Wojnarowski ‏@WojYahooNBA
Celtics will send the Leandro Barbosa expiring contract to the Wizards for Jordan Crawford, league source tells Y! Sports.
That is fine. Make use of that dead roster spot. Crawford will be a useful fifth guard.

5th guard?  I'd say he's fourth in line, unless you think Wlliams is in front of him?

Did we just get him for Barbosa straight up?  If so, that's a steal.

Yeah, I think T-Williams is in front of him. I think his size, defense and rebounding is more important than Crawford's streaky scoring.
Williams isn't even an NBA player.  The only person he should be in front of is someone like me.

TP...agree 100 percent

« Reply #48 on: February 21, 2013, 02:44:15 PM »

Offline Roy H.

• Forums Manager
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: -25640
  • Bo Knows: Joe Don't Know Diddley
Interesting that his actual salary does not match hi cap salary.  And interesting that his cap salary would not be the one of record for trades.

That's the case for all players with more than 2 years experience who are playing on minimum contracts.  The league subsidizes part of the salary, only counting $854k against the cap (this season).

I'M THE SILVERBACK GORILLA IN THIS MOTHER——— AND DON'T NONE OF YA'LL EVER FORGET IT!@ 34 minutes

« Reply #49 on: February 21, 2013, 02:47:38 PM »

Offline LooseCannon

• NCE
  • Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 950
]Interesting that his actual salary does not match hi cap salary.  And interesting that his cap salary would not be the one of record for trades.

The league reimburses teams for salary above the minimum of a two-year player so that teams don't discriminate against older players to save money.

However, the CBA FAQ states: "Teams trading away minimum-salary players do count their salaries (the portion not paid by the league -- see question number 16) as outgoing salary when comparing salaries for trade."
"The worst thing that ever happened in sports was sports radio, and the internet is sports radio on steroids with lower IQs.” -- Brian Burke, former Toronto Maple Leafs senior adviser, at the 2013 MIT Sloan Sports Analytics Conference

« Reply #50 on: February 21, 2013, 02:51:47 PM »

Offline Lightskinsmurf

• NCE
  • Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 134
"Jordan Crawford is 1 of 7 players averaging 18 pts, 5 ast & 4 rebs per 36 min. (Kobe, LeBron, Wade, Harden, Westbrook, Manu)." Anybody wanna research this to see if its true.

« Reply #51 on: February 21, 2013, 02:53:36 PM »

Offline Boris Badenov

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 1065
Crawford's own and opponent PER as a PG are actually very good - much better than when he's at SG.

http://www.82games.com/1213/12WAS5.HTM

If you can keep him from taking bad shots (which is more likely with the discipline of the Celtics' offense than with the Wiz), he could be pretty productive.

« Reply #52 on: February 21, 2013, 03:02:02 PM »

Offline kozlodoev

• NCE
  • Kevin Garnett
  • Tommy Points: 1294
Michael Lee @MrMichaelLee 1 minute ago
League source said #wizards might get another player currently on BOS roster in addition to Leandro Barbosa, so...
"I don't know half of you half as well as I should like; and I like less than half of you half as well as you deserve."

« Reply #53 on: February 21, 2013, 03:06:36 PM »

Offline kozlodoev

• NCE
  • Kevin Garnett
  • Tommy Points: 1294
Crawford's own and opponent PER as a PG are actually very good - much better than when he's at SG.

http://www.82games.com/1213/12WAS5.HTM

If you can keep him from taking bad shots (which is more likely with the discipline of the Celtics' offense than with the Wiz), he could be pretty productive.
I can easily see him moving into the starting lineup, where we can use one more scorer who can handle the ball.
"I don't know half of you half as well as I should like; and I like less than half of you half as well as you deserve."

« Reply #54 on: February 21, 2013, 03:06:43 PM »

Offline LooseCannon

• NCE
  • Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 950
"Jordan Crawford is 1 of 7 players averaging 18 pts, 5 ast & 4 rebs per 36 min. (Kobe, LeBron, Wade, Harden, Westbrook, Manu)." Anybody wanna research this to see if its true.

It's true, but....

Chris Paul misses by 0.3 rebounds.  John Wall misses by 0.1 points.  Stephen Curry misses by 0.1 rebounds.  Kyrie Irving misses by 0.2 rebounds.  Ramon Sessions misses by 0.1 points.  Paul Pierce misses by 0.3 assists.  Heck, Nate Robinson is short by half a rebound.

Still, being one of 23 players averaging at least 17 points, 4 assists, and 3 rebounds per 36 minutes isn't bad.
"The worst thing that ever happened in sports was sports radio, and the internet is sports radio on steroids with lower IQs.” -- Brian Burke, former Toronto Maple Leafs senior adviser, at the 2013 MIT Sloan Sports Analytics Conference

« Reply #55 on: February 21, 2013, 03:15:10 PM »

Offline cons

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 103
why would a bad team like the wiz just give away a guy averaging 13 ppg?

« Reply #56 on: February 21, 2013, 03:17:06 PM »

Offline CelticConcourse

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 383
  • Jeff Green
An interesting deal, to say the least.

I laud Danny.
Jeff Green - Top 5 SF

[Kevin Garnett]
"I've always said J. Green is going to be one of the best players to ever play this game"

« Reply #57 on: February 21, 2013, 03:19:01 PM »

Online Who

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2401
why would a bad team like the wiz just give away a guy averaging 13 ppg?
Because he causes more damage to his team than he helps them.

He is like a miniature version of Monta Ellis. Unable to play the PG position because he cannot run a team and unable to play his natural position at SG because he cannot defend opposing SGs.

Too inefficient offensively. Too vulnerable defensively. Streaky player who more often hurts his team than he helps them.

« Reply #58 on: February 21, 2013, 03:20:10 PM »

Offline Snakehead

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 448
Woj just reported Jason Collins is in the deal.

Hope Danny has a plan for a replacement big.
"I really don't want people to understand me." - Jordan Crawford

« Reply #59 on: February 21, 2013, 03:21:16 PM »

Offline jbaerg

• Brad Stevens
  • Tommy Points: 16
Hurray, one less big!