Author Topic: Crawford to Celtics  (Read 16486 times)

Re: Crawford to Celtics?
« Reply #105 on: February 21, 2013, 07:28:10 PM »

Offline ImShakHeIsShaq

• NCE
  • Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 804
I am happy with the move.   I was willing to go either way with a breakup or a another run.   I love the C's but decent player with nothing gave up.  I do not think Barbosa would have got signed next year.

We can still sign him next season if he wants to be here (Doc wants him back)!
It takes me 3hrs to get to Miami and 1hr to get to Orlando... but I *SPIT* on their NBA teams! "Bless God and bless the (Celts)"-Lady GaGa (she said gays but she really meant Celts)

« Reply #106 on: February 21, 2013, 07:28:33 PM »

Offline Birdman

• Satch Sanders
  • Tommy Points: 412
we gave up nothing to get a better player
C/PF-Horford, Baynes, Noel, Theis, Morris,
SF/SG- Tatum, Brown, Hayward, Smart, Semi, Clark
PG- Irving, Rozier, Larkin

« Reply #107 on: February 21, 2013, 07:29:17 PM »

Offline Birdman

• Satch Sanders
  • Tommy Points: 412
Is Crawford a FA this summer??
C/PF-Horford, Baynes, Noel, Theis, Morris,
SF/SG- Tatum, Brown, Hayward, Smart, Semi, Clark
PG- Irving, Rozier, Larkin

« Reply #108 on: February 21, 2013, 07:31:43 PM »

Offline mctyson

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 372
I am happy with the move.   I was willing to go either way with a breakup or a another run.   I love the C's but decent player with nothing gave up.  I do not think Barbosa would have got signed next year.
For what it's worth, Wizards fans are irate and feel that Grunfeld got fleeced on this one.

He did.  He got two 30+ bench players, one whose ACL is destroyed and out for the year, for a young guy that for all his problems can at least play basketball.

« Reply #109 on: February 21, 2013, 07:34:17 PM »

Offline alajet

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 54
He would have second most assists on our team. What??

Probably. Behind the captain that is.

For what it's worth, Wizards fans are irate and feel that Grunfeld got fleeced on this one.

He did.  He got two 30+ bench players, one whose ACL is destroyed and out for the year, for a young guy that for all his problems can at least play basketball.

He was just going to sub Beal for minimal minutes for the rest of the way in any case.
Still saying, this move is practically negligible, basketball-wise. If he was some sort of real gem, no way the Wizards would let him go with that sort of package.

« Reply #110 on: February 21, 2013, 07:36:48 PM »

Offline Smitty77

• NCE
  • Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 269
Doesn't this potentially get us below the luxury tax as well??

Smitty77

« Reply #111 on: February 21, 2013, 07:37:03 PM »

Offline ImShakHeIsShaq

• NCE
  • Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 804
He would have second most assists on our team. What??

Probably. Behind the captain that is.

He was just going to sub Beal for minimal minutes for the rest of the way in any case.
Still saying, this move is practically negligible, basketball-wise. If he was some sort of real gem, no way the Wizards would let him go with that sort of package.

LOL, you should be laughing like I am as soon as you got ready to type it (bold part)!!!
It takes me 3hrs to get to Miami and 1hr to get to Orlando... but I *SPIT* on their NBA teams! "Bless God and bless the (Celts)"-Lady GaGa (she said gays but she really meant Celts)

« Reply #112 on: February 21, 2013, 07:37:45 PM »

Offline albas89

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 74
Oh, on another note, we just got back a new E'Twaun Moore for our team. Nice.
This is just ignorant. Moore is probably not even an NBA level player, Crawford is a very talented scorer. He has certain obvious flaws that hold him back, but comparing him with E'Twaun is a joke.
"Life has so many hurdles. Some of them I've hopped over, some of them I've tripped over. The key is to get back up and finish the race."- Paul Pierce

And he did finish...

« Reply #113 on: February 21, 2013, 07:40:06 PM »

Offline LooseCannon

• NCE
  • Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 950
Does anyone recall (and if so, are you willing to admit it) if they wanted the Celtics to draft Crawford back in 2010 or at least had him ahead of Avery Bradley on their list?
"The worst thing that ever happened in sports was sports radio, and the internet is sports radio on steroids with lower IQs.” -- Brian Burke, former Toronto Maple Leafs senior adviser, at the 2013 MIT Sloan Sports Analytics Conference

« Reply #114 on: February 21, 2013, 07:42:30 PM »

Offline CelticConcourse

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 383
  • Jeff Green
This is just ignorant. Moore is probably not even an NBA level player, Crawford is a very talented scorer. He has certain obvious flaws that hold him back, but comparing him with E'Twaun is a joke.

8.4/2.6/2.2 is still a borderline NBA player.
Jeff Green - Top 5 SF

[Kevin Garnett]
"I've always said J. Green is going to be one of the best players to ever play this game"

« Reply #115 on: February 21, 2013, 07:44:49 PM »

Online Roy H.

• Forums Manager
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: -25636
  • Bo Knows: Joe Don't Know Diddley
Doesn't this potentially get us below the luxury tax as well??

Smitty77

I don't believe it shaved off enough salary.  I think we're still about $800k over.

I'M THE SILVERBACK GORILLA IN THIS MOTHER——— AND DON'T NONE OF YA'LL EVER FORGET IT!@ 34 minutes

« Reply #116 on: February 21, 2013, 07:44:59 PM »

Offline Jon

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 385
This is a good move.  Crawford isn't perfect, but he's an NBA talent, which is something more than can be said for most of our other options out there.  And we got him for essentially nothing. 

Also, I think the KG factor could make a big difference.  The Wizards are hardly a model NBA franchise, and I think playing with vets who work can potentially make a difference with him. 

Think about how Antoine Walker's career might've been different had he not been drafted into the cesspool that was the 1996 Celtics.  Not that Crawford is Walker, but I do think that the shift in environment could make a difference.

I also think a lot of the frustration about Crawford is because people got caught up with unrealistic trade rumors that were never going to happen.  And when they didn't, people are disappointed that the reality didn't match the fantasy. 

« Reply #117 on: February 21, 2013, 07:46:35 PM »

Offline kozlodoev

• NCE
  • Kevin Garnett
  • Tommy Points: 1294
It's true that Crawford wasn't going to play (so the trade doesn't affect team performance).

But to trade a player with his talent, signed on a team-friendly contract, for pretty much nothing is just bad management.
"I don't know half of you half as well as I should like; and I like less than half of you half as well as you deserve."

« Reply #118 on: February 21, 2013, 07:47:11 PM »

Offline CelticsFan9

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 116
  • Everyone's excited for the new era.
As far as value goes, this trade was a steal.  We gave up a guy who's out for the year and a guy who shouldn't be in the league anymore in exchange for a young prospect on a rookie deal.  Are you kidding me?

As far as talent, I'm not a fan.  Crawford can certainly put the ball in the basket, but he's rather inefficient.  His defense is pretty poor, too, and he's not a spectacular athlete either.  However, this move does shore up our backcourt rotation, so we at least have a passable ten-man rotation of:

Bradley Terry
Lee Crawford
Pierce Williams
Bass Green
Garnett Wilcox

Yes, for the time being, Jeff will be playing PF a lot.

Overall, don't love the trade, but Danny did a great job of unloading dead weight (well, maybe it would have been nice to still have Collins) for cheap talent.

« Reply #119 on: February 21, 2013, 07:47:46 PM »

Offline alajet

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 54
LOL, you should be laughing like I am as soon as you got ready to type it (bold part)!!!

Ah, that's right, that's right. This was just one bad way to put it. The Wizards franchise is doomed as it is now.

Statistically speaking, Moore isn't that much behind Crawford.
Anyway, I have seen Jordan Crawford play. I really don't think his scoring style fits ball movement a bit, but if he proves me wrong -for which he would first need to shoot at least 45% from the field-, I'll happily admit getting it wrong.