Author Topic: Celtics had high asking price for Pierce to Nets  (Read 2034 times)

Re: Celtics had high asking price for Pierce to Nets
« Reply #15 on: February 22, 2013, 03:58:16 PM »

Offline Kane3387

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 944
  • Intensity!!!
I still don't think that would have been particularly good value for Pierce, since those picks will be in the 20s.

NJ should have bit on that.

I think Danny was looking for relatively low-ball offers for Pierce just so he could get Garnett to sign off on the Clips trade.

I think so too. He seemed to really want Jordan and Bledsoe based off reports. Moving Pierce first was the only way he was going to have a chance at getting that deal.

KG: "Dude.... What is up with yo shorts?!"

CBD_2016 Cavs Remaining Picks - 14.14

« Reply #16 on: February 22, 2013, 04:00:07 PM »

Offline mkogav

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 537
I still don't think that would have been particularly good value for Pierce, since those picks will be in the 20s.

Agreed. Lowball offer, but not as bad as Kris Kardashian, Brooks and a one.

The real question is whether Danny can find a better deal for PP this summer?

I assume that if Danny fails to land an impact player via a very unlikely trade, e.g. Smoov, Millsap, etc... then he will blow it up. Standing pat doesn't make sense. A 70% Rondo plus older versions of PP & KG isn't likely to contend next season.

Perhaps Danny will trade PP, KG retires, and Rondo only plays half a season, so the Cs will go full-tank-for-Andrew Wiggins-mode.

Mk

Sickness, insanity and death were the angels that surrounded my cradle and they have followed me throughout my life - Edvard Munch

DKC Knicks

« Reply #17 on: February 22, 2013, 04:03:07 PM »

Offline Kane3387

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 944
  • Intensity!!!

Agreed. Lowball offer, but not as bad as Kris Kardashian, Brooks and a one.

The real question is whether Danny can find a better deal for PP this summer?

I assume that if Danny fails to land an impact player via a very unlikely trade, e.g. Smoov, Millsap, etc... then he will blowing it up. Standing pat doesn't make sense. A 70% Rondo plus older versions of PP & KG isn't likely to contend next season.

Perhaps Danny will trade PP, KG retires, and Rondo only plays half a season, so the Cs will go full-tank-for-Andrew Wiggins-mode.

Mk

Right now we are the sixteenth pick in the draft. Basically late lottery. That player and Pierce's unguaranteed deal could potentially be used draft night to help us acquire a second star to put along side Rajon.

Maybe we can somehow trick Kahn into shipping us Love and they can resign Pek.  ::)

KG: "Dude.... What is up with yo shorts?!"

CBD_2016 Cavs Remaining Picks - 14.14

« Reply #18 on: February 22, 2013, 04:12:55 PM »

Offline Eddie20

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 975
I think we'll be looking for a 1st rd draft pick from a team looking to shed a multi-year deal this summer. For example, Pierce for Zach Randolph and the their 1st rd draft pick in a couple of years (since they just traded their 2013 pick). The Grizzlies have Ed Davis waiting in the wings, Randolph's deal runs until the 2015 season, and they could waive Pierce and save themselves about 13M in salary.