Author Topic: Could be a real emotional day, don't want that  (Read 1547 times)

Could be a real emotional day, don't want that
« on: February 21, 2013, 12:46:53 PM »

Offline TheBigTicket23

• Al Horford
  • Tommy Points: 59
  • Anything is possible!
This is wwhy I don't want to see Pierce or Garnett go. True celtic pride, what an amazing video. Even the thought of No PP and KG hits me hard.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=810pW_TNCns

Re: Could be a real emotional day, don't want that
« Reply #1 on: February 21, 2013, 12:51:40 PM »

Offline WeMadeIt17

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 435
Wish you wouldn't have done that! but seriously don't move pierce or KG i can live with other parts being moved.

« Reply #2 on: February 21, 2013, 01:16:52 PM »

Offline edwardjkasche

• Derrick White
  • Tommy Points: 38
It's a funny thing, how caught up we get in sports.

My wife and I have been talking for days (years?) about the possibility that Pierce or KG could be gone.

I'm 31 years-old, and I'll tell you this: I cried when Perk was dealt two years back.  I wasn't an inconsolable mess, but I was sad.  I didn't want to see him go.  The kid was a true Celtic.

Now, I'm sitting at the same desk, in the same office, preparing to open up CelticsBlog.com and see that Pierce and KG have been sent away.

Other than Reggie Lewis, the only other jerseys I own belong to Pierce and KG, and I where them proudly.

Whatever happens, they're all-time Celtics, and they will have their retired number ceremony on the parquet floor.

« Reply #3 on: February 21, 2013, 01:21:40 PM »

Offline WeMadeIt17

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 435
I hear ya ed. I texted my girl since i am off today. I said its possible KG and Pierce are off the Celtics here soon, and she was like stop.. I'm gonna get mad. She loved Ray Allen and was really upset when he left. So she isn't going to take it well as i won't if our beloved Pierce and KG go today.

« Reply #4 on: February 21, 2013, 01:23:17 PM »

Offline CoachBo

• NCE
  • Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 336
Pierce and Garnett aren't going anywhere.

Relax.
Coined the CelticsBlog term, "Euromistake."

« Reply #5 on: February 21, 2013, 02:12:50 PM »

Offline aporel#18

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 170
TP. I don't want our big three in another jersey.

« Reply #6 on: February 21, 2013, 02:14:24 PM »

Offline celticinorlando

• Paul Pierce
  • Tommy Points: 637
  • MASTER OF PANIC
actually today is just a really boring day

Pierce and KG were never going anywhere

« Reply #7 on: February 21, 2013, 04:47:13 PM »

Offline Onslaught

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 156
Boy am I happy now. I hated all the trade rumors going around the last few weeks and couldn't stomach the thought of some of those guys on the team and KG and Paul gone. I was all for riding it out and making moves at a later date.

I'll try my best not to click on all the "DA is an idiot and we will stink for 20 years now threads."
Peace through Tyranny

« Reply #8 on: February 21, 2013, 05:08:46 PM »

Offline LooseCannon

• NCE
  • Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 950
Just wait for an entire summer of reports that Chris Paul and Chauncey Billups are lobbying KG to accept an off-season trade to the Clippers.
"The worst thing that ever happened in sports was sports radio, and the internet is sports radio on steroids with lower IQs.” -- Brian Burke, former Toronto Maple Leafs senior adviser, at the 2013 MIT Sloan Sports Analytics Conference

« Reply #9 on: February 22, 2013, 08:39:14 AM »

Offline TheBigTicket23

• Al Horford
  • Tommy Points: 59
  • Anything is possible!

It's a funny thing, how caught up we get in sports.

My wife and I have been talking for days (years?) about the possibility that Pierce or KG could be gone.

I'm 31 years-old, and I'll tell you this: I cried when Perk was dealt two years back.  I wasn't an inconsolable mess, but I was sad.  I didn't want to see him go.  The kid was a true Celtic.

Now, I'm sitting at the same desk, in the same office, preparing to open up CelticsBlog.com and see that Pierce and KG have been sent away.

Other than Reggie Lewis, the only other jerseys I own belong to Pierce and KG, and I where them proudly.

Whatever happens, they're all-time Celtics, and they will have their retired number ceremony on the parquet floor.

Love this post, TP! Really cool :) I'm really happy my heroes are still wearing the lovely green. True Celtics!!