Author Topic: SI Article on Rondo Coming This Week  (Read 10705 times)

Re: SI Article on Rondo Coming This Week
« Reply #30 on: February 25, 2013, 02:16:37 PM »

Offline Jeff

• CelticsBlog CEO
  • Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 301
  • ranter
relevant

Faith and Sports - an essay by Jeff Clark

"Know what I pray for? The strength to change what I can, the inability to accept what I can't, and the incapacity to tell the difference." - Calvin (Bill Watterson)

« Reply #31 on: February 25, 2013, 02:21:10 PM »

Offline fairweatherfan

• Johnny Most
  • Tommy Points: 2365
  • Be the posts you wish to see in the world.
relevant

Forget Connect 4, those fingers are freaking me out.  They're like animatronic ghoul fingers or something.

« Reply #32 on: February 25, 2013, 02:34:31 PM »

Offline ssspence

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 403
relevant

Forget Connect 4, those fingers are freaking me out.  They're like animatronic ghoul fingers or something.

Absolutely. They look photo-shopped in there.
Mike

(My name is not Mike)

« Reply #33 on: February 25, 2013, 02:54:39 PM »

Offline LooseCannon

• NCE
  • Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 950
Rondo on the 2008 title season: “Everybody was asking for the ball. I had to keep track of all their shots. It was like, Paul [Pierce] has 17, and Ray only has seven, so I better get it to Ray. I got cussed out a few times.”

So, who did the cussing?  ::)
"The worst thing that ever happened in sports was sports radio, and the internet is sports radio on steroids with lower IQs.” -- Brian Burke, former Toronto Maple Leafs senior adviser, at the 2013 MIT Sloan Sports Analytics Conference

« Reply #34 on: February 25, 2013, 03:18:11 PM »

Offline scaryjerry

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 175
Thanks for this.  Wow what a fascinating read.  He is just the most interesting player.

Ugh. More "Rondo is tough" propaganda. This card has been played ad nauseam by now.

What is your deal?

He played on a torn ACL.  He played with a dislocated elbow.  I think we know he is tough.

Sure. So is Pierce. Guy plays through injuries every season and yet we're not subjected to these year-in, year-out "Pierce is a warrior" articles. He doesn't hang his hat on that kind of bravado, and I appreciate that.

You're lost and just like pierce more obviously...I haven't watched a game in years without hearing what a warrior pierce is.....Mr wheelchair hero himself?, Mr gets shot every time he's breathed on?

what are you watching?

Nice anti rondo propaganda though
« Last Edit: February 25, 2013, 03:24:20 PM by scaryjerry »

« Reply #35 on: February 25, 2013, 03:33:47 PM »

Offline BballTim

• Dave Cowens
  • Tommy Points: 1123
Rondo on the 2008 title season: “Everybody was asking for the ball. I had to keep track of all their shots. It was like, Paul [Pierce] has 17, and Ray only has seven, so I better get it to Ray. I got cussed out a few times.”

So, who did the cussing?  ::)

I'm sure KG did a lot of cussing but it probably wasn't over not getting enough shots. By the way, consider the fact that Rondo was getting chewed out after games by one of the big three for not getting them enough shots. Then consider the multitude  of posts about Rondo being stat driven and the rarity of such posts about the big three.

« Reply #36 on: February 25, 2013, 03:34:19 PM »

Offline CelticConcourse

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 383
  • Jeff Green

Nice double trap going there. Red is a n00b.
Jeff Green - Top 5 SF

[Kevin Garnett]
"I've always said J. Green is going to be one of the best players to ever play this game"

« Reply #37 on: February 25, 2013, 04:27:14 PM »

Offline Snakehead

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 448
(slackjawed disbelief that this is a subject deemed worthy of debate)

Totally.

This is like saying I'm tired of hearing about how great of an athlete LeBron is.  Even though other people are saying it an not LeBron.  And I can watch him fly down the court and jump so his head is above the rim before dunking three times a game.
"I really don't want people to understand me." - Jordan Crawford

« Reply #38 on: February 25, 2013, 05:45:13 PM »

Offline timobusa

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 284
  • Bleed Green, Die Green
relevant

this pictures focal point is his fingers.
haha. i cant seem to look away.

« Reply #39 on: February 25, 2013, 06:03:24 PM »

Online Neurotic Guy

• Dave Cowens
  • Tommy Points: 2501
relevant

I know he is known for big hands, but I do think the camera lens is playing tricks in this pic.  Look at the size of the kids heads close to the camera compared to those away from the camera -- even Rondo's.  In this shot his fingers appear twice as long as his head -- which I am guessing they aren't.

« Reply #40 on: February 25, 2013, 06:09:14 PM »

Offline CelticConcourse

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 383
  • Jeff Green
relevant

I know he is known for big hands, but I do think the camera lens is playing tricks in this pic.  Look at the size of the kids heads close to the camera compared to those away from the camera -- even Rondo's.  In this shot his fingers appear twice as long as his head -- which I am guessing they aren't.

But even compared to the Connect Four..... but I think it's common knowledge that he has huge hands/fingers/arms
Jeff Green - Top 5 SF

[Kevin Garnett]
"I've always said J. Green is going to be one of the best players to ever play this game"

« Reply #41 on: February 25, 2013, 06:22:04 PM »

Offline 4THQTR

• Al Horford
  • Tommy Points: 61
relevant

But even compared to the Connect Four..... but I think it's common knowledge that he has huge hands/fingers/arms

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9wJXvxR1TQk

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gpOlZ9Z6q30

« Reply #42 on: February 25, 2013, 06:29:48 PM »

Offline dark_lord

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 1126
definitely an interesting read and person

« Reply #43 on: February 25, 2013, 06:31:41 PM »

Online Neurotic Guy

• Dave Cowens
  • Tommy Points: 2501
Great videos 4thQTR!   Loved the Sportcenter one -- histerical.

9.5 inches is a huge hand, but I just measured my hand top to bottom and it's about 7 inches. I am 5'8" (on a well-stretched day) with proportional if not small-ish hands.  9.5 is long, but I still think the Connect4 pic probably distorts his hand size a bit.

« Reply #44 on: February 25, 2013, 06:44:55 PM »

Offline 4THQTR

• Al Horford
  • Tommy Points: 61
Great videos 4thQTR!   Loved the Sportcenter one -- histerical.

9.5 inches is a huge hand, but I just measured my hand top to bottom and it's about 7 inches. I am 5'8" (on a well-stretched day) with proportional if not small-ish hands.  9.5 is long, but I still think the Connect4 pic probably distorts his hand size a bit.

No arguing about the effect of perspective on that pic, but he does have giant hands nevertheless.

And before I actually forget it: Thanks to the OP for posting the article. Fun and interesting read. Have a TP