Author Topic: The most boring trade deadline ever?  (Read 3067 times)

Re: The most boring trade deadline ever?
« Reply #15 on: February 21, 2013, 11:39:31 AM »

Offline Q_FBE

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 243
I think there will be two major trades announced but neither will involve the Celtics.

I see Utah and Atlanta involved. I see Sacremento practically folding today. Yuck why would Seattle want this god forsaken franchise? If I was Stern, I would relocate Sacremento back to Kansas City and we (Seattle we) can take back Oklahoma City.
The beatings will continue until morale improves

« Reply #16 on: February 21, 2013, 11:52:32 AM »

Offline WeMadeIt17

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 435
It'll pick up here soon. We are getting into the gritty time where some Gm's are looking to make something happen cause they aren't getting the offers they expected.

« Reply #17 on: February 21, 2013, 12:01:05 PM »

Offline LooseCannon

• NCE
  • Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 950
I've seen a claim that there are some side deals that are agreed to but on hold while teams wait and see if the players involved are needed for a possible Josh Smith trade.
"The worst thing that ever happened in sports was sports radio, and the internet is sports radio on steroids with lower IQs.” -- Brian Burke, former Toronto Maple Leafs senior adviser, at the 2013 MIT Sloan Sports Analytics Conference

« Reply #18 on: February 21, 2013, 12:01:47 PM »

Offline WeMadeIt17

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 435
I've seen a claim that there are some side deals that are agreed to but on hold while teams wait and see if the players involved are needed for a possible Josh Smith trade.

Where did you see that?

« Reply #19 on: February 21, 2013, 12:04:11 PM »

Offline LooseCannon

• NCE
  • Ed Macauley
Yep.  The new CBA seems to be killing player movement via trades.  Which is frustrating.  Ideally the CBA should incentivize players to stay with their own teams in free agency but make it easier for teams to swap players in trades.

There is less incentive to trade players with expiring contracts who you want to re-sign.  Teams are being smarter and not tossing first round picks around as lightly.
"The worst thing that ever happened in sports was sports radio, and the internet is sports radio on steroids with lower IQs.” -- Brian Burke, former Toronto Maple Leafs senior adviser, at the 2013 MIT Sloan Sports Analytics Conference

« Reply #20 on: February 21, 2013, 12:13:30 PM »

Offline LooseCannon

• NCE
  • Ed Macauley

Where did you see that?

Not sure how reliable of a source he is, but Jazz announcer David Locke: Been told teams all have their side burner deals done but trying to grab more. Told to anticipate a flurry of deals late

One rumor is that the Mavs have a deal in the works for Beno Udrih, but a trade won't be completed until the Bucks know if they need Udrih's contract to make a Josh Smith trade work.  It also sounds like the Bucks are part of the bidding on JJ Redick, so that sounds like a trade that might also depend on any Smith deal.  If the Bucks have the best offer on the table for Redick, but it is contingent on either those assets not being traded for Smith or contingent on them getting Smith first, then that would definitely hold up a lot of possible deals until the deadline.