Author Topic: Live trade day thread (clips and c's talking again? Pg4)  (Read 31010 times)

Re: Live trade day thread (clips and c's talking again? Pg4)
« Reply #120 on: February 21, 2013, 12:38:00 PM »

Offline snively

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 454
Chris Mannix ‏@ChrisMannixSI
Boston shopping Pierce, but not just looking to offload him. Asking for expiring contracts and draft picks. Move unlikely at that price

Oh my God, Pierce's trade value is really low.

The problem is most of the teams that would want Pierce (and that he wouldn't complain about going to) don't have much in the way of expiring contracts.  The Clippers, Lakers, Nets, Grizzlies, Warriors... No expiring contracts near the size needed to snag Pierce. 

Only the Spurs with Captain Jack and Matt Bonner have the expirings, and none of the rumors have them making an offer (perhaps their proximity to the luxury tax is scaring them away).  That and they don't have a decent pick to sweeten the offer.

If we do move Pierce, I think we'd have to involve a 3rd team that would absorb a guy like Kris Humphries or Richard Jefferson in return for expirings  or Danny would have to bite the bullet and take on a non-expiring contract just so we can get some picks/prospects out of Pierce.

2016 CelticsBlog Draft: Chicago Bulls

Head Coach: Fred Hoiberg

Starters: Rubio, Danny Green, Durant, Markieff Morris, Capela
Bench: Sessions, Shumpert, G. Green, T. Booker, Frye
Deep Bench: CJ Watson, H. Thompson, P. Zipser, Papagiannis, Mejri

« Reply #121 on: February 21, 2013, 12:39:08 PM »

Online celticinorlando

• Paul Pierce
  • Tommy Points: 637
  • MASTER OF PANIC
Steve Bulpett ‏@SteveBHoop
Don't think Ainge will go off the deep end. But -- according to sources -- he did watch the last two games.

« Reply #122 on: February 21, 2013, 12:39:57 PM »

Offline TheBig3

• Derrick White
  • Tommy Points: 18
@Chris_Broussard: I'm told Bulls definitely not moving Boozer & unlikely to do anything

Is anyone after the Boozer? Perhaps the Bulls are trying reverse psychology to generate some interest?

Mk
Maybe we can try that...."Celtics are definately not moving Fab Melo"

« Reply #123 on: February 21, 2013, 12:40:11 PM »

Offline blink

• Dennis Johnson
  • Tommy Points: 1469
C's working it hard. GM just said: "Danny can't come out of this w/nothing. Whether it's for now or the future, he has to do SOMETHING."
I don't think that is accurate at all.

I think Danny is perfectly happy to come out of this with nothing and then fill the empty roster spots with a couple of available free agents.
I think he gets under the tax line if he doesn't add pieces he thinks are signifigant.

I agree with this 100%.  For all of the trade hype, I think DA is not going to make a bad trade just to make a trade.  If it doesn't sound like any of the options listed make us good enough this year to really contend or give us serious flexibility in the future why would he do them?

« Reply #124 on: February 21, 2013, 12:40:58 PM »

Offline esel1000

• Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 587
Don't think Ainge will go off the deep end. But -- according to sources -- he did watch the last two games.

Trade deadline day never fails to confuse the hell out of me

« Reply #125 on: February 21, 2013, 12:41:02 PM »

Offline LooseCannon

• NCE
  • Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 950
i think in the end the Cs just add a piece like crawford and try to make a run....

If thats all we do I will be upset. We need either a game changing SG like Evans or go for a big like Smith or Gortat. If none of those work then go for the blowup. But don't move Melo for Crawford.. I just don't see how that helps all that much.

If that's your mentality, then you must think Rick Pitino was a great GM.
"The worst thing that ever happened in sports was sports radio, and the internet is sports radio on steroids with lower IQs.” -- Brian Burke, former Toronto Maple Leafs senior adviser, at the 2013 MIT Sloan Sports Analytics Conference

« Reply #126 on: February 21, 2013, 12:41:31 PM »

Offline snively

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 454
C's working it hard. GM just said: "Danny can't come out of this w/nothing. Whether it's for now or the future, he has to do SOMETHING."

I wonder which other GM Bulpett has as a source.  Maybe old friend Chris Wallace?
2016 CelticsBlog Draft: Chicago Bulls

Head Coach: Fred Hoiberg

Starters: Rubio, Danny Green, Durant, Markieff Morris, Capela
Bench: Sessions, Shumpert, G. Green, T. Booker, Frye
Deep Bench: CJ Watson, H. Thompson, P. Zipser, Papagiannis, Mejri

« Reply #127 on: February 21, 2013, 12:41:54 PM »

Offline Celtics18

• Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 1469
So, hypothetically speaking, what do we like better:

Rondo for Evans and Cousins, or

Garnett for Bledsoe and Jordan?

:P

Rondo for Evans and Cousins all day. Would've done it while Rondo was healthy too, don't envision why anyone wouldn't do it.

The reason that I wouldn't do it is that Rondo is considerably better than either of those two guys at this point in their careers.  You need elite talent to be a contender in this league, and there is no guarantee that either Evans or Cousins will ever reach that level. 

Sure, those two both have some potential, but it would be a pretty big risk.

Hmm, Rondo for Evans and Cousins is a low risk, high reward move. Evans is a [dang] good player, and Cousins has shown to be a force at center, that simply needs a more disciplined approach. But as far as the ability to play the game goes, those two add more than Rondo alone, particularly to this team's roster.

I agree that the move would have potential for high reward, but I don't agree at all that it would be low risk.

Cousins has talent, that's for sure.  Time will tell if he will be able to use that talent to be able to turn himself into an elite player who can help lead his team to championship contention.  I don't think that's a given at all.   
DKC Seventy-Sixers:

PG: G. Hill/D. Schroder
SG: C. Lee/B. Hield/T. Luwawu
SF:  Giannis/J. Lamb/M. Kuzminskas
PF:  E. Ilyasova/J. Jerebko/R. Christmas
C:    N. Vucevic/K. Olynyk/E. Davis/C. Jefferson

« Reply #128 on: February 21, 2013, 12:42:39 PM »

Offline TripleOT

• Chat Moderator
  • Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 213
Boston shopping Pierce, but not just looking to offload him. Asking for expiring contracts and draft picks. Move unlikely at that price

The problem is most of the teams that would want Pierce (and that he wouldn't complain about going to) don't have much in the way of expiring contracts.  The Clippers, Lakers, Nets, Grizzlies, Warriors... No expiring contracts near the size needed to snag Pierce. 

Only the Spurs with Captain Jack and Matt Bonner have the expirings, and none of the rumors have them making an offer (perhaps their proximity to the luxury tax is scaring them away).  That and they don't have a decent pick to sweeten the offer.

If we do move Pierce, I think we'd have to involve a 3rd team that would absorb a guy like Kris Humphries or Richard Jefferson in return for expirings  or Danny would have to bite the bullet and take on a non-expiring contract just so we can get some picks/prospects out of Pierce.

I'd bet that the Spurs would love to get Pierce for Jax's expiring deal, filler, and a first round pick.  I just don't think it's enough for Ainge.  Do the Spurs have any draftees stashed in Europe that have promise?

« Reply #129 on: February 21, 2013, 12:45:04 PM »

Online celticinorlando

• Paul Pierce
  • Tommy Points: 637
  • MASTER OF PANIC

I'd bet that the Spurs would love to get Pierce for Jax's expiring deal, filler, and a first round pick.  I just don't think it's enough for Ainge.  Do the Spurs have any draftees stashed in Europe that have promise?

Pierce in SA would be a beautiful fit for both...not sure what the Cs get of value though

« Reply #130 on: February 21, 2013, 12:45:50 PM »

Offline pearljammer10

• K.C. Jones
  • Tommy Points: 885

Bonner doesnt have an expiring.

« Reply #131 on: February 21, 2013, 12:47:22 PM »

Offline esel1000

• Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 587
Who thinks we get hit by a bombshell like the Perk trade that came out of nowhere?

« Reply #132 on: February 21, 2013, 12:48:42 PM »

Offline cltc5

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 445
Uh oh stuffs getting close now!!!

« Reply #133 on: February 21, 2013, 12:50:18 PM »

Offline Eddie20

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 975

This one makes no sense. I really doubt he doesn't watch all the C's games when he says he watches a majority of games across the league.

« Reply #134 on: February 21, 2013, 12:53:05 PM »

Offline WeMadeIt17

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 435
Who thinks we get hit by a bombshell like the Perk trade that came out of nowhere?

I do but I think we end up happy and not confused like the perk one. I think we end up with Josh Smith somehow.