Author Topic: Live trade day thread (clips and c's talking again? Pg4)  (Read 31236 times)

Re: Live trade day thread
« Reply #30 on: February 21, 2013, 10:50:48 AM »

Offline ScottHow

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 354
  • It's what I do! It's who I am!
If we get Crawford for Melo, I'd think one of our guards would be leaving for a big
No, if we get Jordan for Melo we'll finally have enough NBA-caliber guards to string together a rotation.

Wouldn't help address our big man situation, though.

I'd rather just give Williams a legit shot

« Reply #31 on: February 21, 2013, 10:51:59 AM »

Offline ScottHow

• Don Chaney
Adrian Wojnarowski ‏@WojYahooNBA
Milwaukee, Phoenix emerging as frontrunners for Josh Smith deal, league sources tell Y! Sports. Boston still a "darkhorse," one source says.

Lets go darkhorse
I'm thinking if we threw Green/Lee and or Sully or AB we could snatch him? Not sure about numbers or any of the but I'm thinking we'd have to throw in a lot.

Not my binky  :(

« Reply #32 on: February 21, 2013, 10:53:55 AM »

Offline kozlodoev

• NCE
  • Kevin Garnett
  • Tommy Points: 1294
If we get Crawford for Melo, I'd think one of our guards would be leaving for a big
No, if we get Jordan for Melo we'll finally have enough NBA-caliber guards to string together a rotation.

By "real rotation" I meant 4 guards who can play, and 1 for insurance. Giving Williams a chance doesn't change the fact that we won't have a rotation to speak of. We need one more player.
"I don't know half of you half as well as I should like; and I like less than half of you half as well as you deserve."

« Reply #33 on: February 21, 2013, 10:54:58 AM »

Offline j804

• Satch Sanders
  • Tommy Points: 3060
  • BLOOD SWEAT & TEARS
Milwaukee, Phoenix emerging as frontrunners for Josh Smith deal, league sources tell Y! Sports. Boston still a "darkhorse," one source says.

Lets go darkhorse
I'm thinking if we threw Green/Lee and or Sully or AB we could snatch him? Not sure about numbers or any of the but I'm thinking we'd have to throw in a lot.

Not my binky  :(
love Sully as well but for an impact guy like Smith you have to do it.
"7ft PG. Rondo leaves and GUESS WHAT? We got a BIGGER point guard!"-Tommy on Olynyk

« Reply #34 on: February 21, 2013, 10:55:23 AM »

Offline JOMVP

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 100
Maybe DA is looking at Sessions and/or Crawford to add enough guards to make Bradley expendable to the Hawks in trying to move for Smith without having to give up Pierce.

« Reply #35 on: February 21, 2013, 10:55:35 AM »

Offline mkogav

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 537
Is it me or is Danny Ferry not the guy who can't decide what he wants to order at a restaurant:

Danny : If I order the Monta burger, I can't get a side of Gortat fries. But if I get the Parson salad, I won't be able to have a slice of Paul Pierce peach pie. What, are you all waiting for me?
*nods*
Danny: Ok, well what if I order the Monta burger then will someone give me some of their Gortat fries? Sides are too expensive and I like fries.
*sighs*
Danny: Really, am I holding dinner up? I just need a couple more minutes...

Sickness, insanity and death were the angels that surrounded my cradle and they have followed me throughout my life - Edvard Munch

DKC Knicks

« Reply #36 on: February 21, 2013, 10:55:49 AM »

Offline csfansince60s

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 2238

Lets go darkhorse

I agree.

JSmoove's desire or lack thereof to go somewhere impacts this situation more than Danny Ferry wants to admit.

That's why I think we are a strong "darkhorse". As they say, we got a puncher's chance.

« Reply #37 on: February 21, 2013, 10:56:47 AM »

Offline ScottHow

• Don Chaney

By "real rotation" I meant 4 guards who can play, and 1 for insurance. Giving Williams a chance doesn't change the fact that we won't have a rotation to speak of. We need one more player.

I don't care about having a quality 4th guard when our bigs suck so hard. Plus in the playoffs it won't matter as much when rotations are shortened

« Reply #38 on: February 21, 2013, 10:59:46 AM »

Offline TA9

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 118
  • I Bleed Green
Waste of talent if we end up trading Fab for Crawford. We need a PG not a frickin SG Danny! Jordan has terrible ball handling skills there is a reason that he isnt playing for Wizards.
Jack of all trades, master of none.

« Reply #39 on: February 21, 2013, 11:07:27 AM »

Offline tyrone biggums

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 91

Lets go darkhorse

I agree.

JSmoove's desire or lack thereof to go somewhere impacts this situation more than Danny Ferry wants to admit.

That's why I think we are a strong "darkhorse". As they say, we got a puncher's chance.

Well it's either they lose Smith to us in the off season via sign and trade or trade him to us now. Smith can control where he goes and from all accounts he wants to play with Rondo next year

« Reply #40 on: February 21, 2013, 11:07:30 AM »

Offline vinnie

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 429
According to Chris Broussard the celtics are after Jordan Crawford offering fab melo

I am shocked that Danny would trade away the future in Fab Melo. Shocked I say. But seriously, unless I am missing something, Melo is going nowhere in this league.

« Reply #41 on: February 21, 2013, 11:10:30 AM »

Offline j804

• Satch Sanders
  • Tommy Points: 3060
  • BLOOD SWEAT & TEARS
When does the trade deadline end? 3pm EST?
"7ft PG. Rondo leaves and GUESS WHAT? We got a BIGGER point guard!"-Tommy on Olynyk

« Reply #42 on: February 21, 2013, 11:12:22 AM »

Offline Roy H.

• Forums Manager
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: -25629
  • Bo Knows: Joe Don't Know Diddley

Lets go darkhorse

I agree.

Well it's either they lose Smith to us in the off season via sign and trade or trade him to us now. Smith can control where he goes and from all accounts he wants to play with Rondo next year

What leverage does he have, though?  The most we can give him without Atlanta's cooperation is the MLE.  What stops Atlanta from calling his bluff?

I'M THE SILVERBACK GORILLA IN THIS MOTHER——— AND DON'T NONE OF YA'LL EVER FORGET IT!@ 34 minutes

« Reply #43 on: February 21, 2013, 11:12:52 AM »

Offline rondohondo

• NCE
  • Danny Ainge
  • Tommy Points: 1196
When does the trade deadline end? 3pm EST?
yes

« Reply #44 on: February 21, 2013, 11:15:04 AM »

Offline tyrone biggums

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 91

Lets go darkhorse

I agree.

What leverage does he have, though?  The most we can give him without Atlanta's cooperation is the MLE.  What stops Atlanta from calling his bluff?

At the same token what stops Smith from not reporting or being an utter tool box if he goes to a place that he doesn't want to play. By all accounts it seems like Milwaukee is his least desirable place to be.