Author Topic: Live trade day thread (clips and c's talking again? Pg4)  (Read 31301 times)

Re: Live trade day thread (clips and c's talking again? Pg4)
« Reply #105 on: February 21, 2013, 12:31:05 PM »

Offline celticinorlando

• John Havlicek
  • Tommy Points: 659
  • MASTER OF PANIC
Steve Bulpett ‏@SteveBHoop
C's working it hard. GM just said: "Danny can't come out of this w/nothing. Whether it's for now or the future, he has to do SOMETHING."

« Reply #106 on: February 21, 2013, 12:31:07 PM »

Offline Fafnir

• Bill Russell
  • Tommy Points: 1327
Clippers can push all they want, they're not getting KG.
Agreed -- it's meaningless whether the Clippers want to renew their interest or not. It is Danny that is one that matters in the deal and I cannot see him making this move.
I wonder whether or not the C's are being used as leverage here.

Given KG's no trade clause I can't see them waiting till the deadline to try and get this done. They need to have his okay ahead of time or just an hour or two unravels the thing.

« Reply #107 on: February 21, 2013, 12:31:17 PM »

Offline esel1000

• Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 587
i think in the end the Cs just add a piece like crawford and try to make a run....

Now thats the trade to make... hes better than Jordan!

http://sports.yahoo.com/nba/blog/ball_dont_lie/post/jordan-crawford-who-thinks-he-can-be-better-than-michael-jordan?urn=nba,wp9911

« Reply #108 on: February 21, 2013, 12:31:59 PM »

Offline BudweiserCeltic

• Dennis Johnson
  • Tommy Points: 1818
So, hypothetically speaking, what do we like better:

Rondo for Evans and Cousins, or

Garnett for Bledsoe and Jordan?

:P

Rondo for Evans and Cousins all day. Would've done it while Rondo was healthy too, don't envision why anyone wouldn't do it.

The reason that I wouldn't do it is that Rondo is considerably better than either of those two guys at this point in their careers.  You need elite talent to be a contender in this league, and there is no guarantee that either Evans or Cousins will ever reach that level. 

Sure, those two both have some potential, but it would be a pretty big risk.

Hmm, Rondo for Evans and Cousins is a low risk, high reward move. Evans is a [dang] good player, and Cousins has shown to be a force at center, that simply needs a more disciplined approach. But as far as the ability to play the game goes, those two add more than Rondo alone, particularly to this team's roster.

« Reply #109 on: February 21, 2013, 12:32:36 PM »

Offline WeMadeIt17

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 435
i think in the end the Cs just add a piece like crawford and try to make a run....

If thats all we do I will be upset. We need either a game changing SG like Evans or go for a big like Smith or Gortat. If none of those work then go for the blowup. But don't move Melo for Crawford.. I just don't see how that helps all that much.

« Reply #110 on: February 21, 2013, 12:33:05 PM »

Offline esel1000

• Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 587
C's working it hard. GM just said: "Danny can't come out of this w/nothing. Whether it's for now or the future, he has to do SOMETHING."

Now thats scary

« Reply #111 on: February 21, 2013, 12:33:44 PM »

Offline TheBig3

• Derrick White
  • Tommy Points: 18
if you send either pierce or KG out...you have to send them both.

I personally would rather watch the Cs with KG and PP than without...it would hurt way too much to see them shipped out

But in a year or two you will watch them without. And what you watch then may really hurt!

I dont understand the expectations for this team to be better flr the future with Jordan and Bledsoe. Bledsoe is gonna want huge money that we probably cant pay him, and Jordan would be partially to blame for that. A team with Jordan, Bledsoe, Rondo, and Smith is a team that can actually win some games. You're looking at a team thats a fringe playoff team in the east. Isnt the idea in the NBA to get really, really bad before you can get good again?

Oklahoma did it through the draft.

For Oklahoma the stars aligned perfectly to build through the draft. For us to mimick that we have to trade Rondo to a team that would potentially finish in the botom 10 or have a pick from a team that finishes in the bottom 10, FInish in the bottom 10 ourselves for a couple of years, hope for a couple of strong drafts, hope that a durant is in the draft and hope we snag the right ping pong ball....

« Reply #112 on: February 21, 2013, 12:34:01 PM »

Offline celticinorlando

• John Havlicek
  • Tommy Points: 659
  • MASTER OF PANIC
I really would like bass to be in any deal they make.

« Reply #113 on: February 21, 2013, 12:34:37 PM »

Offline WeMadeIt17

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 435

Now thats scary

I have a feeling we end up getting Smith. I've felt that way for sometime. IDK who it may involve us giving up but lets hope Danny is working the phones for a 3 way deal netting us Josh Smith.

« Reply #114 on: February 21, 2013, 12:34:41 PM »

Offline PhoSita

• NCE
  • Robert Parish
  • Tommy Points: 2182

God, I hope so.
You’ll have to excuse my lengthiness—the reason I dread writing letters is because I am so apt to get to slinging wisdom & forget to let up. Thus much precious time is lost.
- Mark Twain

« Reply #115 on: February 21, 2013, 12:35:05 PM »

Offline CoachBo

• NCE
  • Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 336
Someone should check and see if Danny's wearing a white Col. Sanders suit today.

Beginning to worry that the spirit of Rick Pitino has invaded him.
Coined the CelticsBlog term, "Euromistake."

« Reply #116 on: February 21, 2013, 12:36:26 PM »

Online Who

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2404
I don't think that is accurate at all.

I think Danny is perfectly happy to come out of this with nothing and then fill the empty roster spots with a couple of available free agents.

« Reply #117 on: February 21, 2013, 12:37:26 PM »

Offline Fafnir

• Bill Russell
  • Tommy Points: 1327

I think Danny is perfectly happy to come out of this with nothing and then fill the empty roster spots with a couple of available free agents.
I think he gets under the tax line if he doesn't add pieces he thinks are significant.

« Reply #118 on: February 21, 2013, 12:37:39 PM »

Offline mkogav

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 537
@Chris_Broussard: I'm told Bulls definitely not moving Boozer & unlikely to do anything

Is anyone after the Boozer? Perhaps the Bulls are trying reverse psychology to generate some interest?

Mk

Sickness, insanity and death were the angels that surrounded my cradle and they have followed me throughout my life - Edvard Munch

DKC Knicks

« Reply #119 on: February 21, 2013, 12:37:40 PM »

Offline BudweiserCeltic

• Dennis Johnson
  • Tommy Points: 1818

The only side I believe is that Danny is working hard (he always does his due diligence), the fallout of not coming with something is a complete hyperbole.