Author Topic: When it rains, it pours  (Read 1996 times)

When it rains, it pours
« on: February 21, 2013, 01:59:33 AM »

Offline ItStaysYang

• Jrue Holiday
  • Tommy Points: 25
.. I am of course, referring to Brandon Bass.

When the guy is hitting his open elbow jumpers and doing his job, he's a solid (albeit overpaid) player.

But wow. When he starts getting "creative" (if you will) and tries putting moves on players off the dribble, it makes me sick to my stomach. Bass has the "deer in headlights" thing going on - any time he gets the ball in the post or wherever, he pauses for 2-3 seconds and thinks hard before he does anything. In that situation he probably turns it over more than he scores.

Watching the team struggle is one thing - watching Bass step outside his role to try to be come "that guy" during the struggles is insult added to injury.

Bass for Baby/Wafer was a good deal last year. No one had super high expectations for him and he played hard, impressing us all.

I think Danny tried getting a little too much of a good thing with Bass - giving him such an absurd contract. The pressure is too much for him, he's the definition of a role player.

We need to get rid of him and his salary. Would be miraculous if Danny could move him before the deadline tomorrow

Re: When it rains, it pours
« Reply #1 on: February 21, 2013, 02:01:32 AM »

Offline Kane3387

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 944
  • Intensity!!!
He got his money. He's good.

KG: "Dude.... What is up with yo shorts?!"

CBD_2016 Cavs Remaining Picks - 14.14

« Reply #2 on: February 21, 2013, 02:02:27 AM »

Offline Chief Macho

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 84
yeah,  he doesn't care. 

« Reply #3 on: February 21, 2013, 03:22:20 AM »

Offline LarBrd33

• Robert Parish
  • Tommy Points: 2016
he was brought here to be a 4th string big man... not a starter.  He was supposed to be a replacement for obese davis

« Reply #4 on: February 21, 2013, 11:34:44 AM »

Offline LooseCannon

• NCE
  • Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 950
yeah,  he doesn't care.

He may not be producing like we want him to, but I've always thought that Bass still puts forth the same effort as he did last season.
"The worst thing that ever happened in sports was sports radio, and the internet is sports radio on steroids with lower IQs.” -- Brian Burke, former Toronto Maple Leafs senior adviser, at the 2013 MIT Sloan Sports Analytics Conference

« Reply #5 on: February 21, 2013, 11:36:12 AM »

Offline BudweiserCeltic

• Dennis Johnson
  • Tommy Points: 1818
yeah,  he doesn't care.

He may not be producing like we want him to, but I've always thought that Bass still puts forth the same effort as he did last season.

His effort has been a bit meh this season. Last month has been much better.

« Reply #6 on: February 21, 2013, 11:47:59 AM »

Offline apc

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 437
yeah,  he doesn't care.

I did not see any effort from Bass last night.

also, without Rondo he is useless offensively. i cannot believe Doc gave him more minutes than he gave Green.

« Reply #7 on: February 21, 2013, 12:25:39 PM »

Offline rocknrollforyoursoul

• Satch Sanders
  • Tommy Points: 325
Bass is driving me crazy. I've tried to keep giving him the benefit of the doubt, but he continues to prove himself to be a one-trick pony who isn't even performing that one trick very well.

Between his missed left-handed dunks, turnovers while trying to bring the ball up the court or while forcing post moves he doesn't have, and being indecisive with the ball, I'm ready to see him leave.
"There are two kinds of people: those who say to God, 'Thy will be done,' and those to whom God says, 'All right, then, have it your way.'"

"You don't have a soul. You are a Soul. You have a body."

— C.S. Lewis

« Reply #8 on: February 21, 2013, 08:18:36 PM »

Offline ItStaysYang

• Jrue Holiday
  • Tommy Points: 25
Bass is driving me crazy. I've tried to keep giving him the benefit of the doubt, but he continues to prove himself to be a one-trick pony who isn't even performing that one trick very well.

Between his missed left-handed dunks, turnovers while trying to bring the ball up the court or while forcing post moves he doesn't have, and being indecisive with the ball, I'm ready to see him leave.

guy has NO handles

« Reply #9 on: February 21, 2013, 08:42:06 PM »

Offline gar

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 247
  • Strength from Within
yeah,  he doesn't care.

I did not see any effort from Bass last night.

also, without Rondo he is useless offensively. i cannot believe Doc gave him more minutes than he gave Green.

Could not figure why Green sat last night other than without KG in Doc liked Bass better; but Green sat during a critical period of that game.