Author Topic: KG to Clips, Pierce to Warriors Blow Up Scenario  (Read 644 times)

KG to Clips, Pierce to Warriors Blow Up Scenario
« on: February 21, 2013, 04:36:23 AM »

Offline connor

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 37
Firstly, I'd like to preface this by saying I don't think that we are going to blow it up, although in my opinion I think we are better off moving out KG and Pierce at least for some assets since I don't see us making it out of the East let alone winning a championship without serious changes. That being said if Danny was going to pull the trigger here are the trades that work best for everyone involved.

http://espn.go.com/nba/tradeMachine/?tradeId=bgdl3k7

http://espn.go.com/nba/tradeMachine/?tradeId=bcabsxj

Really its 3 separate trades, but I combined them into two trade machines to make it easier to look at as a whole.

Boston Sends:
Kevin Garnett, Paul Pierce, Brandon Bass, Jeff Green and Leandro Barbosa's contract, 2013 1st Round

Boston Receives:
Josh Smith,  Paul Millsap, Klay Thompson, Timofy Mozgov, Festus Ezeli, Richard Jefferson and Anthony Randolph, LAC 2013 first rounder

LA Clippers Send:
Eric Bledsoe, Lamar Odom and (possibly) 2013 first rounder

LA Clippers Receive:
Kevin Garnett

Utah Jazz Send:
Paul Millsap

Utah Jazz Receive:
Eric Bledsoe and Andris Beidrins

Atlanta Hawks Send:
Josh Smith

Atlanta Hawks Receive:
Jeff Green, Lamar Odom, 2013 first rounder from Celtics

Golden State Sends:
Klay Thompson, Festus Ezeli, Richard Jefferson and Andris Beidrins

Golden State Receive:
Paul Pierce, 2013 Second Round pick from Celtics

Denver Nuggets Send:
Timofy Mozgov and Anthony Randolph

Denver Nuggets Receive:
Brandon Bass

Ok so I know thats a lot to follow but it is a TOTAL blow up.

The Celtics get a young consistent Power Forward in Millsap who gives them an inside presence (he is averaging 15 pts. and 7 rebs. a game now and on the Celtics wouldn't have to fight for touches in the post), Josh Smith who replaces Pierce (obviously he comes with some character flaws and poor shot selection but the athleticism and talent is hard to argue with) and Klay Thompson who can be the scoring complement to Rondo at SG and comes on a rookie contract. The also bring in Mozgov to be their stop gap Center on an expiring deal that they can re-up next year for probably not much more and Festus Ezeli another 7 foot international project and Anthony Randolph for bench depth. Lastly they take on Richard Jefferson's contract, which they can amnesty next year to pay Millsap and Smith to stick around and still have change left over to pick up cheap bench players (probably resign Mozgov).

The Clippers make the deal because they get to keep Jordan and only have to ship out Bledsoe and Odom, while still getting KG making them legit title contenders. (I know KG has the no trade clause but I think if Danny told him that he was blowing it up and trading Pierce, Green and Bass KG would want to go to a contender, and if KG texted Chis Paul "lets do this" Paul would make sure he was on the next flight to LA).

The Jazz get a young point guard they desperately need in exchange for Millsap (a deal that the Clippers reportedly balked at) and take on Biedrins bad contract to make salary's work (they would have had to take on Caron Butler's at 8 million for 2 years, so the numbers are similar to a deal they already were pushing).

Atlanta gets Jeff Green, who would work well in their system and Lamar Odom's expiring deal, which gives them even more cap space to make a run at Dwight Howard and still add other talent. Throw in a first rounder from the Celtics and I haven't heard a better deal for the Hawks out there on the rumor mill.

Golden State, who might be the hardest sell on the deal, would probably be hesitant to give up Thompson for the ancient Pierce, but the opportunity to get out from under over 20 million of bad contracts in Biedrins and Jefferson would soften the blow. And Pierce would make them a top 5 rotation in the West, giving them a legit shot a deep playoff run this year and making them relevant again. They were already talking about moving Barnes or Thompson provided that they were able to move one of their two bad contracts and in this scenario they move both and get an upgrade in Pierce (even if it is only for the next two years).

Finally Denver is in desperate need of shooting and a solid Power Forward, Bass provides both on a contract that isn't too bad and all they have to give up is Mozgov, who barely plays behind Mcgee and Koufos, and who could walk away next year for nothing anyway.

I doubt anything along the lines of this happens, especially given the number of teams involved, but I have to say that the Celtics 2014 line-up is, maybe not championship caliber, but definitely making the playoff and a hell of a lot of fun to watch:

Mozgov/Ezeli/(Melo)
Millsap/ Sullinger/Randolph
Smith
Thompson/Bradley/Terry
Rondo/Lee