Author Topic: What should happen next game  (Read 1393 times)

What should happen next game
« on: February 23, 2013, 12:34:35 AM »

Offline syfy9

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 291
  • We may as well put Tyrion in at center.
Have Pierce sit out and rest while starting Green at the 3.
I like Marcus Smart

Re: What should happen next game
« Reply #1 on: February 23, 2013, 12:48:41 AM »

Offline timobusa

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 284
  • Bleed Green, Die Green

Start Green at the 4

Him and Pierce can interchange all through out the game on the 3 and 4 spot.

« Reply #2 on: February 23, 2013, 12:57:21 AM »

Offline syfy9

• Don Chaney

Start Green at the 4

Him and Pierce can interchange all through out the game on the 3 and 4 spot.

Well I'm saying it'd be nice if Pierce got a 1 game break like KG. Rest him up, and hopefully have him fresh later on.

I really hope Doc starts doing this.
I like Marcus Smart

« Reply #3 on: February 23, 2013, 01:46:15 AM »

Offline Rtpas11

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 76
Rest Pierce & KG. start AB, Lee, Twill, Green, Wilcox. 2nd Terry, Crawford, Twill/Green, Bass, Melo.

Oh yeah Doc, Jason Terry should never run the offense....Never! & tell Bass he's a catch & shoot player. Never to dribble nor back down an opponent.

« Reply #4 on: February 23, 2013, 02:32:21 AM »

Offline syfy9

• Don Chaney
Rest Pierce & KG. start AB, Lee, Twill, Green, Wilcox. 2nd Terry, Crawford, Twill/Green, Bass, Melo.

Oh yeah Doc, Jason Terry should never run the offense....Never! & tell Bass he's a catch & shoot player. Never to dribble nor back down an opponent.

Resting both Pierce and KG sound like a good idea, but I don't think we are in a good position to risk losing games for the sake of rest. I'd like to have either 1 or the other playing at the very least, though.
I like Marcus Smart

« Reply #5 on: February 23, 2013, 03:27:40 AM »

Offline LooseCannon

• NCE
  • Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 950
& tell Bass he's a catch & shoot player. Never to dribble nor back down an opponent.

I thought people wanted the Celtics to attack the basket more and stop shooting so many jump shots?
"The worst thing that ever happened in sports was sports radio, and the internet is sports radio on steroids with lower IQs.” -- Brian Burke, former Toronto Maple Leafs senior adviser, at the 2013 MIT Sloan Sports Analytics Conference

« Reply #6 on: February 23, 2013, 03:33:23 AM »

Offline BudweiserCeltic

• Dennis Johnson
  • Tommy Points: 1818
& tell Bass he's a catch & shoot player. Never to dribble nor back down an opponent.

I thought people wanted the Celtics to attack the basket more and stop shooting so many jump shots?

Bass not included.

« Reply #7 on: February 23, 2013, 03:36:56 AM »

Offline bfrombleacher

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 367

I thought Bass at the 5 was good at doing that tonight. One of the first buckets of the game was Bass taking Gortat off the dribble.

And I agree with the other guy when Bass plays PF. He just doesn't seem skilled enough yet or agile enough to beat other PFs off the dribble.

I'm wondering if it's better for Bass to continue playing the 5...in spurts. Be a jump shooter when he's a 4, take defenders off the dribble when he's a 5.

Before anyone compares him to BBD (which is a bad thing in my opinion), Bass isn't trigger happy with his jumper, hustles and is far more athletic.

Whatever the case may be, Bass continuing to produce like tonight would be awesome.

« Reply #8 on: February 23, 2013, 03:44:01 AM »

Offline timobusa

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 284
  • Bleed Green, Die Green

I thought Bass at the 5 was good at doing that tonight. One of the first buckets of the game was Bass taking Gortat off the dribble.

And I agree with the other guy when Bass plays PF. He just doesn't seem skilled enough yet or agile enough to beat other PFs off the dribble.

I'm wondering if it's better for Bass to continue playing the 5...in spurts. Be a jump shooter when he's a 4, take defenders off the dribble when he's a 5.

Before anyone compares him to BBD (which is a bad thing in my opinion), Bass isn't trigger happy with his jumper, hustles and is far more athletic.

Whatever the case may be, Bass continuing to produce like tonight would be awesome.

If there's one thing I've learned about having Brandon Bass, that is...

Don't expect anything.
In that way, you won't be too disappointed when he inexplicably dribbles off his foot, or when he pump fakes and gets the ball stripped, or when he does that stupid pump spin move that always gets blocked if not he ends up passing with 5 seconds left in the clock and the 3 or 4 rebounds a game average.

And in the same token you'll appreciate the open jump shots he makes, the occasional slam dunk put backs he throws down, the drive pump fake dunk he does and the occasional 7 to 9 rebound games he's had.

One thing you can't take away from him though is that he plays hard every night. Good or Bad performance, but he gives it his all.