Author Topic: Avery Bradley  (Read 7068 times)

Avery Bradley
« on: February 21, 2013, 12:56:39 AM »

Offline Spicoli

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 130
This is not a thread to bash him, but i'm just giving some observations. He seems clumsy. He can't dribble (often loses the ball off of his own foot), and he can't make layups. He's one of the few guys in this league who misses fast break layups against lone defenders. I like the difference that he's made on defense, and i like the occasional pull up jumper that he makes sometimes, but he has very little potential IMO. He just doesn't have any offensive skill to speak of. Guys who cannot dribble in this league will not last long as full time starters. Do you guys consider Avery Bradley to be a talented player? I'm just not seeing it with him. He strikes me as a defending, hustle player, nothing more.

Re: Avery Bradley
« Reply #1 on: February 21, 2013, 12:59:14 AM »

Offline The Rondo Show

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 364
  • Hook 'Em
Yeah it's weird because he was a really solid finisher last year. To me though, any offensive game from him is a plus, he's an impact defensive player.
DKC Suns

« Reply #2 on: February 21, 2013, 12:59:33 AM »

Offline LarBrd33

• Robert Parish
  • Tommy Points: 2016
He's a defensive role player ...  He had a crazy shooting streak for a month last season.  It was bradleysanity...  Fools gold.  He's not a shooting guard and not a good point guard but his defense at the pg position is an asset

« Reply #3 on: February 21, 2013, 01:00:27 AM »

Offline droopdog7

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 466
This is not a thread to bash him, but i'm just giving some observations. He seems clumsy. He can't dribble (often loses the ball off of his own foot), and he can't make layups. He's one of the few guys in this league who misses fast break layups against lone defenders. I like the difference that he's made on defense, and i like the occasional pull up jumper that he makes sometimes, but he has very little potential IMO. He just doesn't have any offensive skill to speak of. Guys who cannot dribble in this league will not last long as full time starters. Do you guys consider Avery Bradley to be a talented player? I'm just not seeing it with him. He strikes me as a defending, hustle player, nothing more.
Avery is a victim of too high expectations.  He is, and always will be, a role player.

« Reply #4 on: February 21, 2013, 01:02:17 AM »

Offline LarBrd33

• Robert Parish
  • Tommy Points: 2016
I kept calling him an undersized poor mans tony Allen without the mental lapses...  and got buried for it by the "savior" fanboys

« Reply #5 on: February 21, 2013, 01:04:41 AM »

Offline CelticConcourse

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 383
  • Jeff Green
Shoots too much
Jeff Green - Top 5 SF

[Kevin Garnett]
"I've always said J. Green is going to be one of the best players to ever play this game"

« Reply #6 on: February 21, 2013, 01:06:55 AM »

Offline apc

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 437
All he needs to do is hit the open corner 3.
he is having a hard time with it this season.

« Reply #7 on: February 21, 2013, 01:09:15 AM »

Offline Spicoli

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 130
I kept calling him an undersized poor mans tony Allen without the mental lapses...  and got buried for it by the "savior" fanboys

The strange thing is, he has a better form on his jump shot than Allen does, but he still can't make them with regularity. He doesn't play offense with any fluidity. He plays out of control. The C's need to think about finding another shooting guard and move Bradley to the bench where he belongs.

« Reply #8 on: February 21, 2013, 01:25:52 AM »

Offline AshyLarry

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 177
  • Ashy To Classy, baby.
Kid has barely played a full seasons worth of ball. He came into the league with a limited offensive game. Didn't play at all as a rookie. Didn't have a training camp as a rookie because of injury. Didn't have a real training camp last year because of the lockout. And did t have a training camp this year because of shoulder surgery.

Kid has had almost no time to develop his offsenive game, which was glorified last year because of rondo's passing abilities, and him playing as a cutter, and thriving off the ball.

Give him a couple years, the kids 22, and already an elite defender with some skills to work with. Let him develop.
My pic is now, and will be Fab Melo until he posts his first official NBA dbl-dbl. This may be permanent.

« Reply #9 on: February 21, 2013, 01:27:43 AM »

Offline Chief Macho

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 84
Kid has barely played a full seasons worth of ball. He came into the league with a limited offensive game. Didn't play at all as a rookie. Didn't have a training camp as a rookie because of injury. Didn't have a real training camp last year because of the lockout. And did t have a training camp this year because of shoulder surgery.

Kid has had almost no time to develop his offsenive game, which was glorified last year because of rondo's passing abilities, and him playing as a cutter, and thriving off the ball.

Give him a couple years, the kids 22, and already an elite defender with some skills to work with. Let him develop.

exactly,  way to young and limited on experience to judge him.   you do not want to give up on this guy.    he's  22!

« Reply #10 on: February 21, 2013, 01:30:50 AM »

Offline PhoSita

• NCE
  • Robert Parish
  • Tommy Points: 2182
Yeah, I'm starting to revise my opinions about his offensive abilities downward.

I still think his upside on that end is around where Courtney Lee is now.

But I'm not super confident he'll even get there.
You’ll have to excuse my lengthiness—the reason I dread writing letters is because I am so apt to get to slinging wisdom & forget to let up. Thus much precious time is lost.
- Mark Twain

« Reply #11 on: February 21, 2013, 01:38:51 AM »

Offline krook

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 23
what bradley is really missing is point guard
since rondo is here healthy
he dished the ball to avery most of the time
not that we have no pg
time to get someone like d-west and put back avery to SG
you will see the diffirence

« Reply #12 on: February 21, 2013, 01:53:46 AM »

Offline syfy9

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 291
  • We may as well put Tyrion in at center.

I wouldn't say poor man's...he is widely regarded all around the NBA as one of the best perimeter defenders in the game. I think Tony Allen is better, but not by much.
I like Marcus Smart

« Reply #13 on: February 21, 2013, 02:02:55 AM »

Offline JHTruth

• NCE
  • Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 111
HUGELY overrated.

He'll be a nice back-up to Rondo, nothing more.

Too small, can't dribble, offense not so good. He'll be a nice defensive rotation player, beyond that not much..

« Reply #14 on: February 21, 2013, 02:08:23 AM »

Offline ItStaysYang

• Jrue Holiday
  • Tommy Points: 25
This seems knee-jerk. He has been playing well and is still getting in shape after double shoulder surgery. He couldn't play for months, and at this rate, he is developing exponentially faster than when he first started getting playing time.

The problem here isn't that he isn't talented - it's that he isn't a point guard. I agree, he often looks clumsy/confused with the responsibility of dishing the rock.

Avery Bradley plays best at the 2 guard. No one asked for Rondo to tear his ACL...