Author Topic: The "blow up the team" merged thread  (Read 9140 times)

Re: The "blow up the team" merged thread
« Reply #15 on: February 21, 2013, 01:06:33 AM »

Offline CelticConcourse

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 383
  • Jeff Green
Really? Ok I guess you like 500 and no future. Not me, why wouldn't you get pieces for your aging stars???

Nobody will offer up to their true values, pointless. No need to trade just for the sake of it.

Lets wait and see. Maybe the Clippers pick up the phone. Maybe Ferry decides to do Smith for Pierce.

Clips are done with us
Jeff Green - Top 5 SF

[Kevin Garnett]
"I've always said J. Green is going to be one of the best players to ever play this game"

« Reply #16 on: February 21, 2013, 01:06:59 AM »

Offline rondohondo

• NCE
  • Danny Ainge
  • Tommy Points: 1196
I don't understand why ainge or anyone else for that matter thinks it's a good idea to stand pat?!
I agree.  And since there is really no way to upgrade, then there is only one way to go.

You don't just trade to trade.

But Bledsoe and Jordan for KG. Pierce for Smith. You have to do that. I guarantee you Ainge will have this team in contention within two seasons if these moves are made.

Rondo, Green, and Smith are a nice trio in two years in the East. Not to mention young players like Bledsoe, Jordan, Sully. Melo, and Bradley could all be very good players some of which turned into a great player.
Just depends on what you're trying to do.  I might consider trading for expiring contracts and late picks just to shed salary.  Those proposed trades sound good but the pierce for smith one doesn't sound realistic.  Why would ATL do that?

3rd team would have to be involved in a smith/pp trade

« Reply #17 on: February 21, 2013, 01:09:47 AM »

Offline LarBrd33

• Robert Parish
  • Tommy Points: 2016
As much as I would hate to see Pierce and Garnett go it has to happen.  Unless you want them to get nothing and suck for the next 10 years they have to start rebuilding now. They need to convince KG to expect a trade to the Clippers if that deal is on the table. Even if this team makes the playoffs they are 1 and done and then what? Rebuilding needs to start now!
too late to tank for a top 5 pick ... And nothing we get for them is going to help us land a superstar anytime soon.  You might get some average role players who can keep you mildly competitive,  but that's counterproductive to a proper rebuild.  Best to just let them retire in green and bottom out for a half decade.  Every year at the bottom is another shot at a franchise player.  In 20 years we might luck out

« Reply #18 on: February 21, 2013, 01:10:08 AM »

Offline BudweiserCeltic

• Dennis Johnson
  • Tommy Points: 1818
Meh. No need to overreact to a loss away after a back to back, with a very depleted roster, and during a game in which Doc thought it was a great idea to play Bass at the 5 through a big stretch, while Howard was on the floor.

« Reply #19 on: February 21, 2013, 01:11:25 AM »

Offline LEHGOCELTICS

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 18
I just want Bledsoe man.

all in for r rondo all in for r rondo all in for r rondo all in for r rondo all in for r rondo

« Reply #20 on: February 21, 2013, 01:12:42 AM »

Offline LooseCannon

• NCE
  • Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 950
I don't understand why ainge or anyone else for that matter thinks it's a good idea to stand pat?!

Because all other options are worse.
"The worst thing that ever happened in sports was sports radio, and the internet is sports radio on steroids with lower IQs.” -- Brian Burke, former Toronto Maple Leafs senior adviser, at the 2013 MIT Sloan Sports Analytics Conference

« Reply #21 on: February 21, 2013, 01:12:47 AM »

Offline droopdog7

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 466
Meh. No need to overreact to a loss away after a back to back, with a very depleted roster, and during a game in which Doc thought it was a great idea to play Bass at the 5 through a big stretch, while Howard was on the floor.
Um, this is not a depleted roster.  This is THE roster.  Ain't no saviors walking through that door.

« Reply #22 on: February 21, 2013, 01:14:04 AM »

Offline BudweiserCeltic

• Dennis Johnson
Um, this is not a depleted roster.  This is THE roster.  Ain't no saviors walking through that door.

When you still have 3 roster spots to fill, that's a depleted roster... in addition to 2 injured players (not counting Barbosa in this calculation). Two if you count Williams.

« Reply #23 on: February 21, 2013, 01:14:29 AM »

Online GreenEnvy

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 1031
I just want Bledsoe man.

Some on here act like he is Kyrie Irving.

And for Kevin Garnett?!?!?

Not tonight, not tomorrow, not ever.
CELTICS 2024

« Reply #24 on: February 21, 2013, 01:15:41 AM »

Offline droopdog7

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 466

When you still have 3 roster spots to fill, that's a depleted roster... in addition to 2 injured players (not counting Barbosa in this calculation). Two if you count Williams.
Fill them or not, doesn't matter.  You're not going to find guys that can play anyway.

« Reply #25 on: February 21, 2013, 01:16:22 AM »

Offline rondohondo

• NCE
  • Danny Ainge
  • Tommy Points: 1196

So you think the people that fill those empty roster spots are actually going to change anything? ::)

« Reply #26 on: February 21, 2013, 01:17:01 AM »

Offline BudweiserCeltic

• Dennis Johnson

Fill them or not, doesn't matter.  You're not going to find guys that can play anyway.

I'm sure will find players that will prevent Bass from playing center... that's a good start.

« Reply #27 on: February 21, 2013, 01:17:02 AM »

Offline ScottHow

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 354
  • It's what I do! It's who I am!
Fingers have been and will continue to be crossed

« Reply #28 on: February 21, 2013, 01:17:45 AM »

Offline syn2k12

• The Green Kornet
  • Tommy Points: 10

So you think the people that fill those empty roster spots are actually going to change anything? ::)

i believe so, find some good role players that box out and actually go for rebounds... we give up way to many 2nd chance points. its one of our biggest problems, and take that factor out and we win more games.

« Reply #29 on: February 21, 2013, 01:18:38 AM »

Online GreenEnvy

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 1031
As much as I would hate to see Pierce and Garnett go it has to happen.  Unless you want them to get nothing and suck for the next 10 years they have to start rebuilding now. They need to convince KG to expect a trade to the Clippers if that deal is on the table. Even if this team makes the playoffs they are 1 and done and then what? Rebuilding needs to start now!

Ironic username.

Was 'Banner18afterrebuild!' Taken?

Show me a trade that gives me any reason to believe they are championship level talent and only then will I consider trading KG/Pierce. I don't even think Rondo is on that level, so to pair him with inferior talent (sorry, not the best player on this team, never was) on large contracts sets this team up worse moving forward
CELTICS 2024