Author Topic: The "blow up the team" merged thread  (Read 9143 times)

The "blow up the team" merged thread
« on: February 21, 2013, 12:47:40 AM »

Offline droopdog7

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 466
I think I've seen enough to know that this team isn't good enough to compete with any of the top teams.  No size, aging stars, no interior game, no PG, no rebounding, poor three point shooting, and on and on.  Just have to ask ourselves whether a first round exit is worth it. 

The team has some decent young players.  We need to add a few more, tank for a season or two, and start rebuilding.

Re: The "blow up the team" merged thread
« Reply #1 on: February 21, 2013, 12:51:13 AM »

Offline dinome18

• Sam Hauser
  • Tommy Points: 7
I don't understand why ainge or anyone else for that matter thinks it's a good idea to stand pat?!

« Reply #2 on: February 21, 2013, 12:52:51 AM »

Offline rondohondo

• NCE
  • Danny Ainge
  • Tommy Points: 1196
+1

« Reply #3 on: February 21, 2013, 12:53:30 AM »

Offline Banner18now!

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 81
As much as I would hate to see Pierce and Garnett go it has to happen.  Unless you want them to get nothing and suck for the next 10 years they have to start rebuilding now. They need to convince KG to expect a trade to the Clippers if that deal is on the table. Even if this team makes the playoffs they are 1 and done and then what? Rebuilding needs to start now!

« Reply #4 on: February 21, 2013, 12:55:03 AM »

Offline droopdog7

• Paul Silas
I don't understand why ainge or anyone else for that matter thinks it's a good idea to stand pat?!
I agree.  And since there is really no way to upgrade, then there is only one way to go.

« Reply #5 on: February 21, 2013, 12:56:39 AM »

Offline PhoSita

• NCE
  • Robert Parish
  • Tommy Points: 2182
If there are no good deals for Pierce or Garnett or Rondo, Danny must at least heavily shop Terry, Bass, Lee, and Green.  I'd be happy to see any and all of them get traded for expiring contracts, lesser prospects, and late picks.
You’ll have to excuse my lengthiness—the reason I dread writing letters is because I am so apt to get to slinging wisdom & forget to let up. Thus much precious time is lost.
- Mark Twain

« Reply #6 on: February 21, 2013, 12:56:42 AM »

Offline CelticConcourse

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 383
  • Jeff Green
As much as I would hate to see Pierce and Garnett go it has to happen.  Unless you want them to get nothing and suck for the next 10 years they have to start rebuilding now. They need to convince KG to expect a trade to the Clippers if that deal is on the table. Even if this team makes the playoffs they are 1 and done and then what? Rebuilding needs to start now!

Sorry but no it doesn't.
Jeff Green - Top 5 SF

[Kevin Garnett]
"I've always said J. Green is going to be one of the best players to ever play this game"

« Reply #7 on: February 21, 2013, 12:58:18 AM »

Offline Banner18now!

• Jayson Tatum
Really? Ok I guess you like 500 and no future. Not me, why wouldn't you get pieces for your aging stars???

« Reply #8 on: February 21, 2013, 12:59:11 AM »

Offline CelticConcourse

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 383
  • Jeff Green
Really? Ok I guess you like 500 and no future. Not me, why wouldn't you get pieces for your aging stars???

Nobody will offer up to their true values, pointless. No need to trade just for the sake of it.
Jeff Green - Top 5 SF

[Kevin Garnett]
"I've always said J. Green is going to be one of the best players to ever play this game"

« Reply #9 on: February 21, 2013, 12:59:39 AM »

Offline Kane3387

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 944
  • Intensity!!!
I agree.  And since there is really no way to upgrade, then there is only one way to go.

You don't just trade to trade.

But Bledsoe and Jordan for KG. Pierce for Smith. You have to do that. I guarantee you Ainge will have this team in contention within two seasons if these moves are made.

Rondo, Green, and Smith are a nice trio in two years in the East. Not to mention young players like Bledsoe, Jordan, Sully. Melo, and Bradley could all be very good players some of which turned into a great player.

KG: "Dude.... What is up with yo shorts?!"

CBD_2016 Cavs Remaining Picks - 14.14

« Reply #10 on: February 21, 2013, 01:00:41 AM »

Offline Kane3387

• Don Nelson
  • Intensity!!!
If there are no good deals for Pierce or Garnett or Rondo, Danny must at least heavily shop Terry, Bass, Lee, and Green.  I'd be happy to see any and all of them get traded for expiring contracts, lesser prospects, and late picks.

Not Green. Playing with Pierce hurts him. He is too quick to defer to him and it's understandable, but he's getting better every game.

« Reply #11 on: February 21, 2013, 01:01:50 AM »

Offline dinome18

• Sam Hauser
  • Tommy Points: 7
True value?? They are 35 and 36 and at this point can't carry the team on the road or to better than a 500 team. What's value for that?

« Reply #12 on: February 21, 2013, 01:04:01 AM »

Offline Kane3387

• Don Nelson
  • Intensity!!!

Nobody will offer up to their true values, pointless. No need to trade just for the sake of it.

Lets wait and see. Maybe the Clippers pick up the phone. Maybe Ferry decides to do Smith for Pierce.

« Reply #13 on: February 21, 2013, 01:05:16 AM »

Offline droopdog7

• Paul Silas

You don't just trade to trade.

But Bledsoe and Jordan for KG. Pierce for Smith. You have to do that. I guarantee you Ainge will have this team in contention within two seasons if these moves are made.

Rondo, Green, and Smith are a nice trio in two years in the East. Not to mention young players like Bledsoe, Jordan, Sully. Melo, and Bradley could all be very good players some of which turned into a great player.
Just depends on what you're trying to do.  I might consider trading for expiring contracts and late picks just to shed salary.  Those proposed trades sound good but the pierce for smith one doesn't sound realistic.  Why would ATL do that?

« Reply #14 on: February 21, 2013, 01:06:14 AM »

Offline Banner18now!

• Jayson Tatum

I would take  that Clippers deal in a heart beat even if it's just Bledsoe or Jordan they are young pieces you need to acquire. This is it for Ainge if he is going to get anything  back for these guys the time is now. He holds on to them he will get nothing next year.