Author Topic: Pierce and KG to the clips?  (Read 5261 times)

Pierce and KG to the clips?
« on: February 20, 2013, 09:24:55 PM »

Offline Goldstar88

• Danny Ainge
  • Tommy Points: 1416
LA sends: Bledsoe, Jordan, Butler, and Odom.

Boston sends: KG and Pierce.

Pierce and KG get to finish up there careers together in Cali where they both live in the offseason. .. It could happen...
Quoting Nick from the now locked Ime thread:
At some point you have to blame the performance on the court on the players on the court. Every loss is not the coach's fault and every win isn't because of the players.

Re: Pierce and KG to the clips?
« Reply #1 on: February 20, 2013, 09:40:11 PM »

Offline ebrick0340

• Xavier Tillman
  • Tommy Points: 19
I was just telling my friend they should make this same exact deal, with a pick from LA if possible.  Makes so much sense. Keeps KG and Paul together for another great chance at a ring, sticks it to the Lakers, makes it much tougher for Miami. Gives the young Clippers two hall of fame champions to show them the way. Both guys live there. Gets the C's young assets and frees up some money.

« Reply #2 on: February 20, 2013, 09:40:49 PM »

Offline JSD

• Frank Ramsey
  • Tommy Points: 2155
Unlikely. Ainge is a Mormom and doesn't drink.
The only color that matters is GREEN

« Reply #3 on: February 20, 2013, 09:41:31 PM »

Offline thenotoriousjts

• Kristaps Porzingis
  • Tommy Points: 14
There's literally an ocean of rumors right now and somehow you've managed to come up with something that hasn't been mentioned of any of the 1000000 posts about trades today. Whatever, might be my bad mood, but really?
Feel free to check me out here: https://hardwoodhoudini.com/author/jstevens3/ or here https://hashtagbasketball.com/author/jeremy-stevens

Can't we just bring Gerald Green back?

« Reply #4 on: February 20, 2013, 09:42:05 PM »

Offline JSD

• Frank Ramsey
  • Tommy Points: 2155
I tell ya though, I would be over at clippersblog.com for the rest of the season if that went down.
The only color that matters is GREEN

« Reply #5 on: February 20, 2013, 09:42:12 PM »

Offline Roy H.

• Forums Manager
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: -25636
  • Bo Knows: Joe Don't Know Diddley
So, we'd essentially be trading Pierce for Odom and Butler (based upon the prior KG rumors)?

No thanks.

I'M THE SILVERBACK GORILLA IN THIS MOTHER——— AND DON'T NONE OF YA'LL EVER FORGET IT!@ 34 minutes

« Reply #6 on: February 20, 2013, 09:44:07 PM »

Offline jambr380

• K.C. Jones
  • Tommy Points: 1756
  • Everybody knows what's best for you
This was a fairly common thread on cb before it became a possibility that LAC would actually give up Bledsoe AND Jordan for just KG. Now that we have this knowledge, I would rather also have J Smith along with those two.

« Reply #7 on: February 20, 2013, 09:51:35 PM »

Offline Goldstar88

• Danny Ainge
So, we'd essentially be trading Pierce for Odom and Butler (based upon the prior KG rumors)?

No thanks.

If that's the only way KG will go to the clips wouldn't it be worth it? Maybe clips throw iin 1st round pick?
At some point you have to blame the performance on the court on the players on the court. Every loss is not the coach's fault and every win isn't because of the players.

« Reply #8 on: February 20, 2013, 09:54:29 PM »

Offline Roy H.

• Forums Manager
  • James Naismith

No thanks.

If that's the only way KG will go to the clips wouldn't it be worth it? Maybe clips throw iin 1st round pick?

No, dumping KG and Pierce for mediocre non-building blocks isn't worth it.  It's especially not worth it if we have to give Pierce away for free, or worse than free as we'd be taking on Butler.

I'M THE SILVERBACK GORILLA IN THIS MOTHER——— AND DON'T NONE OF YA'LL EVER FORGET IT!@ 34 minutes

« Reply #9 on: February 20, 2013, 09:55:57 PM »

Offline Goldstar88

• Danny Ainge
There's literally an ocean of rumors right now and somehow you've managed to come up with something that hasn't been mentioned of any of the 1000000 posts about trades today. Whatever, might be my bad mood, but really?

I didn't see it mentioned... Anyway, trade works for both sides and although we would like to get more for pierce, it may be the only way you get KG to waive that no trade...

« Reply #10 on: February 20, 2013, 09:57:36 PM »

Offline CoachBo

• NCE
  • Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 336
Chuckle.

What an awful trade.

It's time for the deadline to pass so the silly season goes with it.
Coined the CelticsBlog term, "Euromistake."

« Reply #11 on: February 20, 2013, 10:01:10 PM »

Offline manl_lui

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 427
Unlikely. Ainge is a Mormom and doesn't drink.

^love it

« Reply #12 on: February 20, 2013, 10:01:34 PM »

Offline Goldstar88

• Danny Ainge

No thanks.

No, dumping KG and Pierce for mediocre non-building blocks isn't worth it.  It's especially not worth it if we have to give Pierce away for free, or worse than free as we'd be taking on Butler.

So a starting 5 consisting of Rondo,Bradley,Green, Sullinger, and Jordan is mediocre?
Then Bledsoe, Butler, Odom, Lee, Barbosa, Pf/C. Off bench? Seems young and athletic with alot of upside to me...

« Reply #13 on: February 20, 2013, 10:06:14 PM »

Offline Roy H.

• Forums Manager
  • James Naismith

No thanks.

So a starting 5 consisting of Rondo,Bradley,Green, Sullinger, and Jordan is mediocre?
Then Bledsoe, Butler, Odom, Lee, Barbosa, Pf/C. Off bench? Seems young and athletic with alot of upside to me...

1.  Please don't put words in my mouth;

2.  I'd call that lineup worse than mediocre.  Probably "below average" and "headed for the lottery"

It would take something shocking for that team ever to reach the conference finals, let alone truly contend for a championship.

« Reply #14 on: February 20, 2013, 10:17:24 PM »

Offline Goldstar88

• Danny Ainge

No thanks.

1.  Please don't put words in my mouth;

2.  I'd call that lineup worse than mediocre.  Probably "below average" and "headed for the lottery"

It would take something shocking for that team ever to reach the conference finals, let alone truly contend for a championship.

Well, I don't see many alternatives. Allowing  KG and Pierce retire as Celtics and then having to go through a complete rebuild doesn't sound great either.