Author Topic: Houston Marcus Morris etc traded to Kings for Thomas Robinson  (Read 12993 times)

Re: Houston Marcus Morris etc traded to Kings for Thomas Robinson
« Reply #90 on: February 21, 2013, 08:25:35 AM »

Offline Who

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2401
So Thomas Robinson is going to be starting in Houston now?  It will be very interesting to see him and Asik together.  Could be a very potent rebounding combo

I don't think he'll start. He is not ready.

I expect they will start Terrence Jones while Thomas Robinson will compete with Donatus Motiejunas for the backup PF minutes. I expect Motiejunas to have the upper hand in that battle but maybe T-Rob will surprise.

I think it'll be next year before T.Robinson is ready to compete for the starter's job.

Gotcha, I was reading this on yahoo.

Wed, Feb 20

Robinson was traded to the Rockets in exchange for Patrick Patterson, Toney Douglas, and Cole Aldrich, Yahoo! Sports reports.

Recommendation: Robinson was averaging 4.8 points and 4.7 boards in 15.9 minutes per game with the Kings this season. He will step into Patterson's starting role in Houston, and will see a bump in playing time and fantasy value immediately. With news that Marcus Morris has also been dealt to Pheonix, Robinson should be seeing at least 25-30 minutes for the Rockets, making him a player of fantasy relevance.

(Rotowire.com)

The Rockets started Carlos Delfino last night and swung Chandler Parsons to power forward.

Terrence Williams got a DNP. Motiejunas got 5 minutes off the bench.

Maybe Thomas Robinson does have a chance to start.

« Reply #91 on: February 21, 2013, 08:36:59 AM »

Online Moranis

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 1533
So Thomas Robinson is going to be starting in Houston now?  It will be very interesting to see him and Asik together.  Could be a very potent rebounding combo

I expect they will start Terrence Jones while Thomas Robinson will compete with Donatus Motiejunas for the backup PF minutes. I expect Motiejunas to have the upper hand in that battle but maybe T-Rob will surprise.

I think it'll be next year before T.Robinson is ready to compete for the starter's job.

Wed, Feb 20

Robinson was traded to the Rockets in exchange for Patrick Patterson, Toney Douglas, and Cole Aldrich, Yahoo! Sports reports.

Recommendation: Robinson was averaging 4.8 points and 4.7 boards in 15.9 minutes per game with the Kings this season. He will step into Patterson's starting role in Houston, and will see a bump in playing time and fantasy value immediately. With news that Marcus Morris has also been dealt to Pheonix, Robinson should be seeing at least 25-30 minutes for the Rockets, making him a player of fantasy relevance.

(Rotowire.com)

The Rockets started Carlos Delfino last night and swung Chandler Parsons to power forward.

He might, but he won't be as good as Patrick Patterson.
2023 Historical Draft - Brooklyn Nets - 9th pick

Bigs - Pau, Amar'e, Issel, McGinnis, Roundfield
Wings - Dantley, Bowen, J. Jackson
Guards - Cheeks, Petrovic, Buse, Rip

« Reply #92 on: February 21, 2013, 08:47:50 AM »

Offline Who

• James Naismith

Wed, Feb 20

(Rotowire.com)

He might, but he won't be as good as Patrick Patterson.

Definitely not.

Thomas Robinson is a third string caliber PF at this point in time.

« Reply #93 on: February 21, 2013, 08:57:51 AM »

Offline pearljammer10

• K.C. Jones
  • Tommy Points: 885
I just dont really get this trade from the Rockets... They were playing pretty well for what they got. It doesnt make sense to me but oh well maybe Robinson will work out better for them?

« Reply #94 on: February 21, 2013, 09:08:35 AM »

Offline Fafnir

• Bill Russell
  • Tommy Points: 1327
I just dont really get this trade from the Rockets... They were playing pretty well for what they got. It doesnt make sense to me but oh well maybe Robinson will work out better for them?
More salary cap room this coming offseason and they consolidated several decent players into a inferior player now (who is a superior future talent by most people's reckonings)

« Reply #95 on: February 21, 2013, 10:02:10 AM »

Offline fairweatherfan

• Johnny Most
  • Tommy Points: 2365
  • Be the posts you wish to see in the world.
More salary cap room this coming offseason and they consolidated several decent players into a inferior player now (who is a superior future talent by most people's reckonings)

And I think the Rockets are trying very hard to flip Robinson first.  They're clearly gonna go hard for Smith, and what you're describing is surely Plan B.

« Reply #96 on: February 21, 2013, 10:06:42 AM »

Offline TA9

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 118
  • I Bleed Green
Definitely a better trade for Houston.
But Sacramento actually got a nice player back in Patrick Patterson.
Jack of all trades, master of none.

« Reply #97 on: February 21, 2013, 10:25:55 AM »

Offline Cman

• K.C. Jones
  • Tommy Points: 120
Morey really should get GM of the year... hes played his cards perfectly

I'd go with Grunwald (Knicks) or Myers (Golden State) over Morey.
Celtics fan for life.

« Reply #98 on: February 22, 2013, 08:18:22 AM »

Offline Who

• James Naismith
According to the Elias Sports Bureau, Robinson is just the fifth top-five pick in the lottery era to be dealt during his rookie season.