Author Topic: C's reject Nets offer for PP  (Read 4799 times)

Re: C's reject Nets offer for PP
« Reply #30 on: February 20, 2013, 06:06:45 PM »

Online scaryjerry

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 175
Lol...nets trying to catch Danny while he's drunk or something?

« Reply #31 on: February 20, 2013, 06:09:26 PM »

Online scaryjerry

• Jim Loscutoff
Wow, call me crazy but I would've taken that.

Humphries is a very good rebounder and Brooks can become an excellent shooting guard

Plus a draft pick for a 35 year old small forward? Take the sentimitality out of it, and this would've been a good deal for the Celts.

you're crazy  ;)

2 scrubs and a crap pick for a hall of fame player still playing well?

« Reply #32 on: February 20, 2013, 06:09:40 PM »

Offline gpap

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 417
Is this report legit? I am actually having a hard time believe Brooklyn would offer that much for Pierce and that the Celtics would turn it down.

« Reply #33 on: February 20, 2013, 06:12:22 PM »

Offline erisred

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 37
Wow, call me crazy but I would've taken that.

Humphries is a very good rebounder and Brooks can become an excellent shooting guard

Plus a draft pick for a 35 year old small forward? Take the sentimitality out of it, and this would've been a good deal for the Celts.
Humphries is on a huge contract, has been generally inefficient this season, has bad blood with Garnett, and is generally resented around the league because of the Kim Kardashian story.

And Brooks has come down to earth hard this season too. This trade has the potential to leave you with a big wad of nothing a year from now.
Hum, well... Pierce for a good young rebounder, a good young SG and good high draft pick would be a reasonably good offer. Unfortunately, what the Nets offered doesn't qualify on any counts. I suspect that was a "throw something up and and let's see if Danny is desperate/crazy enough to take it" type of offer. He's probably been fielding quite a few of those over the last few days.

« Reply #34 on: February 20, 2013, 06:12:28 PM »

Offline kozlodoev

• NCE
  • Kevin Garnett
  • Tommy Points: 1294
Is this report legit? I am actually having a hard time believe Brooklyn would offer that much for Pierce and that the Celtics would turn it down.
League sources via Yahoo Sports. As legit as it gets.
"I don't know half of you half as well as I should like; and I like less than half of you half as well as you deserve."

« Reply #35 on: February 20, 2013, 06:13:52 PM »

Offline gpap

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 417

Got it, thanks! Wonder if Brooklyn would up the ante (Gerald Wallace, Reggie Evans, etc.)

« Reply #36 on: February 20, 2013, 06:14:04 PM »

Offline get_banners

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 100
I'd be shocked if the Nets even had the stones to suggest this trade. Its...just silly. At first, I thought it was Brook Lopez, not Brooks...which I still wouldn't be crazy about (Lopez is wildly overrated), but this is just a silly offer. If they actually offered it, I think that doesn't say much about their front office.

« Reply #37 on: February 20, 2013, 06:22:12 PM »

Offline Atzar

• Satch Sanders
  • Tommy Points: 1649

Got it, thanks! Wonder if Brooklyn would up the ante (Gerald Wallace, Reggie Evans, etc.)

Gerald Wallace makes Jeff Green's contract look like a steal.  Evans does one thing well and sucks at everything else.

I'm not fond of giving up genuine assets for another team's slop.  That sounds like... like the reverse of most of the trade proposals on CelticsBlog.

« Reply #38 on: February 20, 2013, 06:22:42 PM »

Online scaryjerry

• Jim Loscutoff

Never liked pierce and haven't watched Humphries and that other scrub this season?

Idk I don't understand

« Reply #39 on: February 20, 2013, 06:24:38 PM »

Offline fairweatherfan

• Johnny Most
  • Tommy Points: 2365
  • Be the posts you wish to see in the world.
Remember when most posters here loved Marshon Brooks and were ticked at Danny for "trading" him? 

Granted he's better than JJJ but it's funny to see him widely considered a scrub a year later.

« Reply #40 on: February 20, 2013, 06:28:11 PM »

Offline LooseCannon

• NCE
  • Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 950

Boston has shown interest in guard Mirza Teletovic and securing another possible first-round pick, but the Nets have shown no inclination to pay that steep of a price for Pierce.

Well, I like Teletovic way more than Humphries or Brooks, so I think Teletovic and multiple firsts would be my minimum request to begin a conversation that lasts more than a couple of minutes.
"The worst thing that ever happened in sports was sports radio, and the internet is sports radio on steroids with lower IQs.” -- Brian Burke, former Toronto Maple Leafs senior adviser, at the 2013 MIT Sloan Sports Analytics Conference

« Reply #41 on: February 20, 2013, 06:31:50 PM »

Online Roy H.

• Forums Manager
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: -25635
  • Bo Knows: Joe Don't Know Diddley
Teletovic + a #1 is considered a "steep price"?

Haha.  Wow.

I'M THE SILVERBACK GORILLA IN THIS MOTHER——— AND DON'T NONE OF YA'LL EVER FORGET IT!@ 34 minutes

« Reply #42 on: February 20, 2013, 06:37:33 PM »

Offline PhoSita

• NCE
  • Robert Parish
  • Tommy Points: 2182

Haha.  Wow.

Yeah, that's ridiculous.
You’ll have to excuse my lengthiness—the reason I dread writing letters is because I am so apt to get to slinging wisdom & forget to let up. Thus much precious time is lost.
- Mark Twain

« Reply #43 on: February 20, 2013, 06:51:19 PM »

Offline Tr1boy

• Paul Pierce
  • Tommy Points: 867
pretty lame offer by the nets. But IF and its a big if they offer

Humphries, Brooks, Teletovic and a 1st , Danny will really think about it

I've had my eyes on this kid Teletovic before. He is the next coming of Gallianari. Or you could say it the other way around since Galla is younger

But he has the exact same game, just had barely any chance to play

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-g4LengCbo4 (did a # on us)

From the clip that drop back jumper from the key, would be near unstoppable
« Last Edit: February 20, 2013, 06:59:18 PM by triboy16f »

« Reply #44 on: February 20, 2013, 06:53:34 PM »

Offline Tr1boy

• Paul Pierce
  • Tommy Points: 867

Haha.  Wow.

well its Teletovic + a couple of 1st picks + Humprhies. Thats why . Not only Teletovic and a 1st

For the long term, its a robbery for the celts.

Honestly i would consider long and hard for Humphris, Brooks, Teletovic and a 1st.