Author Topic: C's reject Nets offer for PP  (Read 4795 times)

Re: C's reject Nets offer for PP
« Reply #15 on: February 20, 2013, 05:34:19 PM »

Offline cman88

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 359
so, the nets want to give us their trash for Pierce? no thanks...

Brooks/Humphries who have been underwhelming this year and a pick in the 20's for Pierce...sorry but Nope

Re: Nets interested in PP?
« Reply #16 on: February 20, 2013, 05:35:57 PM »

Offline Atzar

• Satch Sanders
  • Tommy Points: 1649
The Boston Celtics and Brooklyn Nets have discussed a trade for Celtics star Paul Pierce, league sources told Yahoo! Sports.
The Nets' offer centered on forward Kris Humphries, guard MarShon Brooks and a first-round draft pick, but the Celtics want a more substantial package to consider moving Pierce, league sources said.

Boston has shown interest in forward Mirza Teletovic and securing another possible first-round pick, but the Nets have shown no inclination to pay that steep of a price for Pierce.

Wow.  Laugh, and then hang up the phone.  What a one-sided deal.  Pierce hasn't declined that much.

« Reply #17 on: February 20, 2013, 05:37:35 PM »

Offline Kane3387

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 944
  • Intensity!!!
I just threw up in my mouth.

KG: "Dude.... What is up with yo shorts?!"

CBD_2016 Cavs Remaining Picks - 14.14

Re: Nets interested in PP?
« Reply #18 on: February 20, 2013, 05:37:39 PM »

Offline kozlodoev

• NCE
  • Kevin Garnett
  • Tommy Points: 1294
The Boston Celtics and Brooklyn Nets have discussed a trade for Celtics star Paul Pierce, league sources told Yahoo! Sports.
The Nets' offer centered on forward Kris Humphries, guard MarShon Brooks and a first-round draft pick, but the Celtics want a more substantial package to consider moving Pierce, league sources said.

Boston has shown interest in forward Mirza Teletovic and securing another possible first-round pick, but the Nets have shown no inclination to pay that steep of a price for Pierce.

Wow.  Laugh, and then hang up the phone.  What a one-sided deal.
I wouldn't call Teletovic "steep price". Guy clearly has a lot to learn.
"I don't know half of you half as well as I should like; and I like less than half of you half as well as you deserve."

« Reply #19 on: February 20, 2013, 05:39:32 PM »

Offline BigAlTheFuture

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 458
What the heck kind of offer is that. Horrrrible. Good job for turning it down, Danny.
PHX Suns: Russell Westbrook, Chris Bosh, Tristan Thompson, Trevor Ariza, Tony Allen, Trey Lyles, Corey Brewer, Larry Nance Jr., Trey Burke, Troy Daniels, Joffrey Lauvergne, Justin Holiday, Mike Muscala, 14.6

« Reply #20 on: February 20, 2013, 05:44:31 PM »

Offline CroCorvus

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 41
Ae they crazy? I'm offended by this nonsen...

« Reply #21 on: February 20, 2013, 05:52:46 PM »

Offline pp34isthe1

• Al Horford
  • Tommy Points: 40
Im still waiting on the Celtics 1 sided trade where we turn crap into gold. Unfortunately I think we used it up on the mchale parish and KG deals

« Reply #22 on: February 20, 2013, 05:54:00 PM »

Offline gpap

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 417
Wow, call me crazy but I would've taken that.

Humphries is a very good rebounder and Brooks can become an excellent shooting guard

Plus a draft pick for a 35 year old small forward? Take the sentimitality out of it, and this would've been a good deal for the Celts.

« Reply #23 on: February 20, 2013, 05:54:07 PM »

Offline CelticConcourse

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 383
  • Jeff Green
Celtics have expressed interest in MIRZA? :'3
Jeff Green - Top 5 SF

[Kevin Garnett]
"I've always said J. Green is going to be one of the best players to ever play this game"

« Reply #24 on: February 20, 2013, 05:54:55 PM »

Offline CelticConcourse

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 383
  • Jeff Green

Humphries is a very good rebounder and Brooks can become an excellent shooting guard

Plus a draft pick for a 35 year old small forward? Take the sentimitality out of it, and this would've been a good deal for the Celts.

You're crazy ;D
But Pierce means a lot more to us than his on-court abilities. If he is traded, tremors will be felt in Tajikistan; he means a LOT
Jeff Green - Top 5 SF

[Kevin Garnett]
"I've always said J. Green is going to be one of the best players to ever play this game"

« Reply #25 on: February 20, 2013, 05:57:54 PM »

Offline kozlodoev

• NCE
  • Kevin Garnett
  • Tommy Points: 1294

Humphries is on a huge contract, has been generally inefficient this season, has bad blood with Garnett, and is generally resented around the league because of the Kim Kardashian story.

And Brooks has come down to earth hard this season too. This trade has the potential to leave you with a big wad of nothing a year from now.
"I don't know half of you half as well as I should like; and I like less than half of you half as well as you deserve."

« Reply #26 on: February 20, 2013, 05:58:43 PM »

Offline PhoSita

• NCE
  • Robert Parish
  • Tommy Points: 2182

"The Celtics still highly value Pierce and it wouldn't make sense to trade him for that kind of a package if they're keeping Kevin Garnett," one league source said.

Boston has shown interest in guard Mirza Teletovic and securing another possible first-round pick, but the Nets have shown no inclination to pay that steep of a price for Pierce.

Boston had interest in guard C.J. Watson in a separate deal, but Brooklyn doesn't want to part with him, sources said.

Blech.  If that's the best offer the Celtics can get for Pierce, he isn't headed anywhere.
You’ll have to excuse my lengthiness—the reason I dread writing letters is because I am so apt to get to slinging wisdom & forget to let up. Thus much precious time is lost.
- Mark Twain

« Reply #27 on: February 20, 2013, 06:01:59 PM »

Offline Atzar

• Satch Sanders
  • Tommy Points: 1649

Humphries lost his job to Reggie Evans (think about that for a moment) and MarShon Brooks is their third-string SG and plays no defense.  Their pick is in the early-to-mid 20's and therefore wouldn't be especially valuable either.

Again, laughable.

« Reply #28 on: February 20, 2013, 06:05:26 PM »

Offline fairweatherfan

• Johnny Most
  • Tommy Points: 2365
  • Be the posts you wish to see in the world.

Humphries is on a huge contract, has been generally inefficient this season, has bad blood with Garnett, and is generally resented around the league because of the Kim Kardashian story.

Not to mention Rondo tried to knock his block off (well, ok, the modern NBA equivalent) earlier this year.  Don't think there's much love for Humphries in this locker room.  KG would probably only communicate with him through a series of DMXesque barks.

« Reply #29 on: February 20, 2013, 06:06:37 PM »

Offline celticinorlando

• Paul Pierce
  • Tommy Points: 637
  • MASTER OF PANIC
Horrible. Two bums for pierce? No way