Author Topic: Gerald Henderson?  (Read 3261 times)

Gerald Henderson?
« on: February 20, 2013, 04:39:58 PM »

Offline Evantime34

• NCE
  • Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 764
  • Eagerly Awaiting the Next Fantasy Draft
What are your thoughts on Gerald Henderson? I know he was great at Duke but I haven't watched many Bobcats games to know how good he is.

Ken Berger reported that we may have interest in him, that or he is just speculating, can't tell.

"Ken Berger ‏@KBergCBS
Boston's signing of Terrence Williams has not ended their pursuit of a trade for a guard. Charlotte's Gerald Henderson is one possibility."

I think if we could deal Courney Lee for Derrick Williams and deal Bass for Henderson that wouldn't be an awful trade deadline.
DKC:  Rockets
CB Draft: Memphis Grizz
Players: Klay Thompson, Jabari Parker, Aaron Gordon
Next 3 picks: 4.14, 4.15, 4.19

Re: Gerald Henderson?
« Reply #1 on: February 20, 2013, 04:41:26 PM »

Offline Lucky17

• DKC Commish
  • JoJo White
  • Tommy Points: 2352
What are your thoughts on Gerald Henderson? I know he was great at Duke but I haven't watched many Bobcats games to know how good he is.

Ken Berger reported that we may have interest in him, that or he is just speculating, can't tell.

"Ken Berger ‏@KBergCBS
Boston's signing of Terrence Williams has not ended their pursuit of a trade for a guard. Charlotte's Gerald Henderson is one possibility."

I think if we could deal Courney Lee for Derrick Williams and deal Bass for Henderson that wouldn't be an awful trade deadline.

Had heard that Charlotte was willing to deal GH for a 1st rounder.

Obviously, Celtics would have to send out some money to make it work.
DKC League is now on reddit!: http://www.reddit.com/r/dkcleague

« Reply #2 on: February 20, 2013, 04:41:36 PM »

Offline rondohondo

• NCE
  • Danny Ainge
  • Tommy Points: 1196
I really like henderson , very athletic, good defender , can attack the rim and decent shooter.

« Reply #3 on: February 20, 2013, 04:45:01 PM »

Offline Evantime34

• NCE
  • Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 764
  • Eagerly Awaiting the Next Fantasy Draft

"Ken Berger ‏@KBergCBS

Had heard that Charlotte was willing to deal GH for a 1st rounder.

Obviously, Celtics would have to send out some money to make it work.
Do you think he's worth a first? I would give them a first and Bass for Mullens and Henderson but no way they do that.
DKC:  Rockets
CB Draft: Memphis Grizz
Players: Klay Thompson, Jabari Parker, Aaron Gordon
Next 3 picks: 4.14, 4.15, 4.19

« Reply #4 on: February 20, 2013, 04:45:30 PM »

Offline celticpride07

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 222
Would Henderson for melo and 2nd rounder work?
Pick 2 Heat: 
Pg: Jennings/Vasquez
Sg: Wade/R. Allen/Rivers
SF: Lebron/M. Williams
PF: Bosh/Humphries
C: B. Lopez/Dalembert/Anthony

« Reply #5 on: February 20, 2013, 04:45:46 PM »

Online Who

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2401
G.Henderson and A.Bradley remind me of one another for some reason.

Very good defensively. Solid size at 6-5 with legitimate strength. Excellent lateral quickness. Rebounds well.

Offensively, he has a below average skill-set. He lacks range on his jump-shot. His ball-handling and passing are both limited. A good slasher / cutter. He has a passable to solid two point jump shot. He is forced to take too many shots in Charlotte though. Should take fewer jump shots, more of a low usage offensive threat.

« Reply #6 on: February 20, 2013, 04:45:57 PM »

Offline jgod213

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 300
I really like henderson , very athletic, good defender , can attack the rim and decent shooter.

The Bobcats confuse the bleep outta me.  I thought this kid was one of Jordan's binkies...a building block.

Then they go ahead and sign Ben Gordon and muttle things up at the 2 for themselves.  They've been jerking both Gordon and Henderson around with playing time - they need to deal one of them.

DKC Utah Jazz
http://tinyurl.com/kqjb3cv

Starters:   Bledsoe-Gordon-Hayward-Patterson-Favors  | 6th-Kanter
Reserves: Warren-Hardaway-Plumlee-Larkin-Evans-Mbakwe-Huestis-Hummel-Calathes

« Reply #7 on: February 20, 2013, 04:47:01 PM »

Offline CelticConcourse

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 383
  • Jeff Green
Shoots too much (from what I saw with him in Bobcatland)

Don't want.
Jeff Green - Top 5 SF

[Kevin Garnett]
"I've always said J. Green is going to be one of the best players to ever play this game"

« Reply #8 on: February 20, 2013, 04:49:02 PM »

Offline Lucky17

• DKC Commish
  • JoJo White
  • Tommy Points: 2352
Would Henderson for melo and 2nd rounder work?

No, need more outgoing salary. Would have to add two of the expiring deals of Wilcox/Barbosa/Collins to Melo to match salaries.

DKC League is now on reddit!: http://www.reddit.com/r/dkcleague

« Reply #9 on: February 20, 2013, 04:49:50 PM »

Offline Atzar

• Satch Sanders
  • Tommy Points: 1649
G.Henderson and A.Bradley remind me of one another for some reason.

Very good defensively. Solid size at 6-5 with legitimate strength. Excellent lateral quickness. Rebounds well.

Offensively, he has a below average skill-set. He lacks range on his jump-shot. His ball-handling and passing are both limited. A good slasher / cutter. He has a passable to solid two point jump shot. He is forced to take too many shots in Charlotte though. Should take fewer jump shots, more of a low usage offensive threat.

He has actually shot the three ball well this year, although he doesn't take many of them. 

He's a solid starting SG.  Too bad Charlotte can't get out of their own way, because they have some pieces there.

« Reply #10 on: February 20, 2013, 04:57:42 PM »

Offline boscel33

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 166
I'd love it and welcome him back with open arms!  Remember when he stole Worthy's pass?  That was awesome!

;D ;D ;D ;D ;D
"There's sharks and minnows in this world. If you don't know which you are, you ain't a shark."

« Reply #11 on: February 20, 2013, 04:58:33 PM »

Offline BudweiserCeltic

• Dennis Johnson
  • Tommy Points: 1818
I'm biased about Henderson since he always seems to give us some trouble, don't have an objective opinion on him.

« Reply #12 on: February 20, 2013, 05:09:33 PM »

Offline rocknrollforyoursoul

• Satch Sanders
  • Tommy Points: 324
Another guard? The idea makes me  ::) and  >:(

Seriously, are Doc and Danny trying to take small ball to new lows? What's next? Bass at center?

Oh, wait ...
"There are two kinds of people: those who say to God, 'Thy will be done,' and those to whom God says, 'All right, then, have it your way.'"

"You don't have a soul. You are a Soul. You have a body."

— C.S. Lewis

« Reply #13 on: February 20, 2013, 05:10:03 PM »

Offline CelticConcourse

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 383
  • Jeff Green
Another guard? The idea makes me  ::) and  >:(

Seriously, are Doc and Danny trying to take small ball to new lows? What's next? Bass at center?

Oh, wait ...

We've actually been playing BIG ball at times with Pierce/Green on at the same time
Jeff Green - Top 5 SF

[Kevin Garnett]
"I've always said J. Green is going to be one of the best players to ever play this game"

« Reply #14 on: February 20, 2013, 05:12:02 PM »

Offline get_banners

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 100
Henderson gets paid a bit, so that might sour some on trading for him. Re: the Bobcats' direction under MJ...no surprise. He's a terrible human being, and has no idea how to run a team, so I'm glad to see them doing so poorly.