Author Topic: Hawks going after Dwight Howard?  (Read 3219 times)

Hawks going after Dwight Howard?
« on: February 20, 2013, 04:30:41 PM »

Offline rondohondo

• NCE
  • Danny Ainge
  • Tommy Points: 1196

Ken Berger
‏@KBergCBS
There's widespread belief that the Lakers won't trade Dwight Howard. However, several teams believe Atlanta will make a serious run at him

https://twitter.com/KBergCBS/status/303965588072579072

Re: Hawks going after Dwight Howard?
« Reply #1 on: February 20, 2013, 04:53:00 PM »

Offline Birdman

• Satch Sanders
  • Tommy Points: 412
What can they offer? Plus if they trade Smith, he wont resign
C/PF-Horford, Baynes, Noel, Theis, Morris,
SF/SG- Tatum, Brown, Hayward, Smart, Semi, Clark
PG- Irving, Rozier, Larkin

« Reply #2 on: February 20, 2013, 04:53:32 PM »

Offline pearljammer10

• K.C. Jones
  • Tommy Points: 885
I thought out loud to my friend last night. " why don't the lakers just trade Howard for josh smith?"

« Reply #3 on: February 20, 2013, 05:00:41 PM »

Offline dreamgreen

• NCE
  • Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 182
According to old rumors, what ever that is worth, DH12 has zero interest in the Hawks. But personally I don't think he has any idea Edited.  Profanity and masked profanity are against forum rules and may result in discipline. he wants.

« Reply #4 on: February 20, 2013, 05:01:17 PM »

Offline CelticConcourse

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 383
  • Jeff Green
According to old rumors, what ever that is worth, DH12 has zero interest in the Hawks. But personally I don't think he has any idea **** he wants.

Even if Smoove stays there??
Jeff Green - Top 5 SF

[Kevin Garnett]
"I've always said J. Green is going to be one of the best players to ever play this game"

« Reply #5 on: February 20, 2013, 05:06:16 PM »

Offline gpap

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 417
Well, the Hawks could offer Al Horford in a trade for Howard, which would be a very good offer

I understand the numbers wouldn't add up so the Hawks would have to kick something else in (Harris, Korver, whatever) but that could actually work out well for both teams.

The Lakers get a pretty good center and the Hawks get Howard and Smith together.

« Reply #6 on: February 20, 2013, 05:09:12 PM »

Offline SHAQATTACK

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2961
According to old rumors, what ever that is worth, DH12 has zero interest in the Hawks. But personally I don't think he has any idea **** he wants.

I think you nailed it........he just loves the fame and attention and now that money comes easy , he really doesn't seem to give a flip about basketball ........

he is looking for attention period.........  respect is not on his to do list.

« Reply #7 on: February 20, 2013, 05:09:46 PM »

Offline KG_ended_Bias

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 51
Well, the Hawks could offer Al Horford in a trade for Howard, which would be a very good offer

I understand the numbers wouldn't add up so the Hawks would have to kick something else in (Harris, Korver, whatever) but that could actually work out well for both teams.

The Lakers get a pretty good center and the Hawks get Howard and Smith together.
I was just thinking Horford & Korver & you beat me to it...That's a great trade for LA & may make them serious contenders again.

« Reply #8 on: February 20, 2013, 05:10:33 PM »

Offline CelticConcourse

• Paul Silas
  • Jeff Green

I was just thinking Horford & Korver & you beat me to it...That's a great trade for LA & may make them serious contenders again.

A team can never be a serious contender when they're that far out of the playoffs this late.
Jeff Green - Top 5 SF

[Kevin Garnett]
"I've always said J. Green is going to be one of the best players to ever play this game"

« Reply #9 on: February 20, 2013, 05:10:56 PM »

Offline ScottHow

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 354
  • It's what I do! It's who I am!
I can't imagine Howard staying in Atl

« Reply #10 on: February 20, 2013, 05:11:12 PM »

Offline gpap

• Don Nelson

And to be honest with you, right now if I had a choice between Horford or Howard, I would take Horford hands down.

Younger, healthier and seems like he "wants it" more.

« Reply #11 on: February 20, 2013, 05:14:33 PM »

Offline gpap

• Don Nelson

A team can never be a serious contender when they're that far out of the playoffs this late.

Yeah, what's really hurting the Lakers right now is not having Gasol. If he wasn't injured and the Lakers made a good enough trade, I would say maybe they could at least knock off Houston or Utah for one of those lower playoff seeds.

« Reply #12 on: February 20, 2013, 05:14:44 PM »

Offline CelticConcourse

• Paul Silas
  • Jeff Green
I can't imagine Howard staying in Atl

His childhood town?
Jeff Green - Top 5 SF

[Kevin Garnett]

« Reply #13 on: February 20, 2013, 05:15:00 PM »

Offline Moranis

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 1533
I posted this a week or so agohttp://forums.celticsblog.com/index.php?topic=62743.0

Trade I thought would work for both teams was

ATL - Dwight, Metta
LAL - Horford, Korver, Petro

Still think that trade makes a lot of sense for both teams.  The Lakers save a ton of money both this year and going forward, get a nice young PF/C on a reasonable deal in Horford, add Korver's excellent shooting and expiring contract (Petro is expiring and just there for the money).

The Hawks would get Dwight and keep Smith and if I'm the Heat I would not want to face that team this year in the playoffs if Dwight is healthy.  The Hawks then hold the rights to both Dwight and Smith this summer and can figure out what to do with them.
2023 Historical Draft - Brooklyn Nets - 9th pick

Bigs - Pau, Amar'e, Issel, McGinnis, Roundfield
Wings - Dantley, Bowen, J. Jackson
Guards - Cheeks, Petrovic, Buse, Rip

« Reply #14 on: February 20, 2013, 05:15:40 PM »

Offline ScottHow

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 354
  • It's what I do! It's who I am!