Author Topic: Avery Bradley to Minny rumor  (Read 3691 times)

Avery Bradley to Minny rumor
« on: February 20, 2013, 03:07:45 PM »

Offline furball

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 95
The Beetle (Mark Bertrand) on Sports Hub just mentioned a report from Brussard that Minny wants Bradley and the Celtics want a future first and Derrick Williams.  He didn't say if Minny was willing to meat the demands. 
I figured I'd pass it along.

(I didn't see this mentioned anywhere but if it has been feel free to delete this post)
« Last Edit: February 20, 2013, 08:15:34 PM by Redz »

Re: Avery Bradly to Minny rumor
« Reply #1 on: February 20, 2013, 03:09:10 PM »

Offline Roy H.

• Forums Manager
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: -25636
  • Bo Knows: Joe Don't Know Diddley
Coming from anybody but Broussard, I might believe it.

I'M THE SILVERBACK GORILLA IN THIS MOTHER——— AND DON'T NONE OF YA'LL EVER FORGET IT!@ 34 minutes

« Reply #2 on: February 20, 2013, 03:19:50 PM »

Offline snively

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 454
D-Will and a first (this year's?)... That's very tempting.  I'm a bigger believer in Williams than most however.
2016 CelticsBlog Draft: Chicago Bulls

Head Coach: Fred Hoiberg

Starters: Rubio, Danny Green, Durant, Markieff Morris, Capela
Bench: Sessions, Shumpert, G. Green, T. Booker, Frye
Deep Bench: CJ Watson, H. Thompson, P. Zipser, Papagiannis, Mejri

« Reply #3 on: February 20, 2013, 03:20:17 PM »

Offline lantinm

• Jrue Holiday
  • Tommy Points: 38
I have to say that if this rumor is true, then this deal is semi-tempting.  I may be in the minority, but I've always liked Williams and I think he can be a player in the right system.  He's a bit of a tweener, but his skill-set is intriguing.  Bradley is a wonderful defensive player, but his handle is suspect and he has trouble finishing at the rim.  I still probably wouldn't do this deal, but the addition of a 1st-round pick is even more enticing.

« Reply #4 on: February 20, 2013, 03:21:14 PM »

Offline kozlodoev

• NCE
  • Kevin Garnett
  • Tommy Points: 1294
There's already a thread on this somewhere. Also, the salaries don't match.
"I don't know half of you half as well as I should like; and I like less than half of you half as well as you deserve."

« Reply #5 on: February 20, 2013, 07:08:55 PM »

Offline lightspeed5

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 283
false rumor. salaries dont match, and williams is a bust. Avery bradley is worth a LOT more than derrick freakin williams.

« Reply #6 on: February 20, 2013, 07:12:05 PM »

Offline CelticConcourse

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 383
  • Jeff Green
false rumor. salaries dont match, and williams is a bust. Avery bradley is worth a LOT more than derrick freakin williams.

I'm a big fan of him. He's not a bust, he is a victim of Rick Adelman. He could have been a Tristan Thompson but noooo, he's geting totally wasted in Minny, just like Wes was. GET HIM OUT OF THERE
Jeff Green - Top 5 SF

[Kevin Garnett]
"I've always said J. Green is going to be one of the best players to ever play this game"

« Reply #7 on: February 20, 2013, 07:14:59 PM »

Offline esel1000

• Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 587
Derrick Williams and a first for Bradley is a trade I'd do any day of the week... But its Broussard and the salaries don't even match (as already said) so that pretty much makes this false

« Reply #8 on: February 20, 2013, 07:19:02 PM »

Offline manl_lui

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 427
I remember people thought this guy was the next Lebron before he got drafted lol

but no, I rather keep Bradley.

« Reply #9 on: February 20, 2013, 07:30:59 PM »

Offline Moranis

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 1533
Derrick Williams and a first for Bradley is a trade I'd do any day of the week... But its Broussard and the salaries don't even match (as already said) so that pretty much makes this false
those could easily be the centerpieces with the other stuff just not mentioned.  I mean Bradley, Barbosa, Collins, and Wilcox and the salaries work, but why mention the other three along with Bradley.
2023 Historical Draft - Brooklyn Nets - 9th pick

Bigs - Pau, Amar'e, Issel, McGinnis, Roundfield
Wings - Dantley, Bowen, J. Jackson
Guards - Cheeks, Petrovic, Buse, Rip

« Reply #10 on: February 20, 2013, 08:13:40 PM »

Offline nostar

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 74
I can't make that deal. AB is a really great guard and he's getting better. I also think Williams is an iffy prospect and the Minnesota 1st is at #9 right now. This draft is weak and anything out of the top 5 picks won't worth moving AB from my perspective.

« Reply #11 on: February 24, 2013, 10:10:10 AM »

Offline Geo123

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 33

I'm a big fan of him. He's not a bust, he is a victim of Rick Adelman. He could have been a Tristan Thompson but noooo, he's geting totally wasted in Minny, just like Wes was. GET HIM OUT OF THERE

I woudn't call him a bust yet, but there's no way he's like Thompson.  Thompson is a PF and averaging over 9 boards a game about double what Williams is averaging (granted in more minutes).  Williams' problem is that he's a tweener.  Not really a PF and not quick enough with a good enough shot to be a good SF.   

« Reply #12 on: February 24, 2013, 10:32:58 AM »

Offline Galeto

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 71
I remember people thought this guy was the next Lebron before he got drafted lol

but no, I rather keep Bradley.

Nobody thought he was the next Lebron.  He would've gone no.1 over Irving if he was thought of that highly.  The comparisons that were thrown around were a more athletic David West or Danny Granger.

I don't think Williams is a victim of Adelman's offense or playing the same position as Minnesota's best player Kevin Love.  When Love was out earlier in the season, Williams got a lot of plenty time and just stunk.  I think his problem has just been the inability to shoot consistently.  He misses a lot of wide open looks.  Without a reliable outside shot, he has nowhere else to go for points.  He's a bad finisher and has no post game.  He's not too different from Bass right now to being a poor one-foot jumper.