Author Topic: Danny Ainge tells Rondo He Won't Be Dealt  (Read 2596 times)

Danny Ainge tells Rondo He Won't Be Dealt
« on: February 20, 2013, 02:37:45 PM »

Offline lightspeed5

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 283
Danny Ainge has assured Rajon Rondo's agent that the Boston Celtics will not trade him.

http://basketball.realgm.com/wiretap/226235/Rondo-Assured-By-Celtics-He-Wont-Be-Dealt

I think the scary part is he hasn't told KG or pierce this.

Re: Danny Ainge tells Rondo He Won't Be Dealt
« Reply #1 on: February 20, 2013, 02:42:06 PM »

Offline BudweiserCeltic

• Dennis Johnson
  • Tommy Points: 1818
Danny: I'll trade Rondo if the right deal comes along, I don't think there'll be one this year.

Duffy: He [Ainge] was emphatic that they would not trade Rajon Rondo.

« Reply #2 on: February 20, 2013, 03:59:12 PM »

Offline Onslaught

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 156
He hasn't got to tell KG this. KG can't be traded unless he's ok with it so in a way KG is telling Ainge " I won't be dealt."
Peace through Tyranny

« Reply #3 on: February 20, 2013, 04:27:58 PM »

Offline LooseCannon

• NCE
  • Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 950
Maybe Rondo's agent just likes to talk to the media more.
"The worst thing that ever happened in sports was sports radio, and the internet is sports radio on steroids with lower IQs.” -- Brian Burke, former Toronto Maple Leafs senior adviser, at the 2013 MIT Sloan Sports Analytics Conference

« Reply #4 on: February 20, 2013, 04:36:46 PM »

Offline Chief Macho

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 84
Hope Ainge gets canned.  Dude is worthless since '08

« Reply #5 on: February 20, 2013, 04:38:25 PM »

Offline CelticConcourse

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 383
  • Jeff Green

<I haven't been a fan that long but...>

I like the picks for Sully and Bradley (jury still out on Melo)
And I liked his move to get Lee as well
Resigning Rondo looks like a steal too (CHEAP contract)
Jeff Green - Top 5 SF

[Kevin Garnett]
"I've always said J. Green is going to be one of the best players to ever play this game"

« Reply #6 on: February 20, 2013, 04:40:09 PM »

Offline LarBrd33

• Robert Parish
  • Tommy Points: 2016
I think most of his moves had a pretty sound logic behind it.  And this team has remained competitive far longer than it should have. 

« Reply #7 on: February 20, 2013, 05:07:59 PM »

Offline Sketch5

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 280

Considering the team has had most of its money tied up in three players.Almost 36 mill just on two of the for the last few seasons, he's done pretty well keeping the team competitive.

Injuries have been the down fall of the team, just bad luck. We had Kg go down. Then Shaq and the other O"Neal couldnt get healthy.

last season missed out on West, Green and Wilcox out with Heart issues, almost had Mayo but the sound's like the team wasn't happy about Ray leaving(how did that turn out?) AB gets hurt, Rays ankle are bad, and PP knee is bad, yet they still get to game seven in the EC.

This season is the same,Rondo. Barbosa and Sully, Darko with family. Its not really DA's fault we haven't done better, its been horrible luck, but we've been in the thick of it just about every year since '08. Not too many teams can say that.

His job is to keep the team in the playoffs, compete in them every year and keep the fans coming for every game, even against teams like the Bobcats. So until we don't make the for three years, then you can he's been worthless.

« Reply #8 on: February 20, 2013, 05:14:40 PM »

Offline SHAQATTACK

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2961
but.......he never said " forever".  ............immediate future , maybe till next season, and maybe not........

very vague statement.

he isn't giving Rondo away,    he'll let Rondo heal,  come back,   and how his value rates to the Celtics vs trades will determine his future

« Reply #9 on: February 20, 2013, 05:31:48 PM »

Offline cman88

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 359
im not sure why some fans are so quick to want to ship Rondo out of town.

Pierce/Garnett sentimentality aside I can understand as they are older players close to retirement.

but you've got a young Allstar Point guard on a cheap contract..what do you want to trade him for? unless its a top tier star
« Last Edit: February 20, 2013, 05:40:26 PM by cman88 »

« Reply #10 on: February 20, 2013, 06:32:03 PM »

Offline LooseCannon

• NCE
  • Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 950

Because they (wrongly) think that he is a non-All-Star talent who hurts the team when healthy.
"The worst thing that ever happened in sports was sports radio, and the internet is sports radio on steroids with lower IQs.” -- Brian Burke, former Toronto Maple Leafs senior adviser, at the 2013 MIT Sloan Sports Analytics Conference

« Reply #11 on: February 20, 2013, 06:35:20 PM »

Offline BudweiserCeltic

• Dennis Johnson

Because they (wrongly) think that he is a non-All-Star talent who hurts the team when healthy.

Or maybe they (correctly) figure that they have a prime opportunity to upgrade the roster substantially with a player that it's out for the season, in what could be one of the last remaining shots at the title on this current window... regardless if Ainge decides to start rebuilding next season or not.

You have to maximize this opportunity, and if takes Rondo to do it, you do it.

« Reply #12 on: February 20, 2013, 06:37:15 PM »

Offline esel1000

• Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 587

I love Rondo and what he brings to this team. I only support trading him if the KG trade goes through and we get Bledsoe and Jordan and Bledsoe proves himself to be a good starting pg for the rest of the year. If thats the case you trade Rondo for additional talent. Other than that, I want him on this team

« Reply #13 on: February 20, 2013, 07:20:14 PM »

Offline BballTim

• Dave Cowens
  • Tommy Points: 1123

Or maybe they (correctly) figure that they have a prime opportunity to upgrade the roster substantially with a player that it's out for the season, in what could be one of the last remaining shots at the title on this current window... regardless if Ainge decides to start rebuilding next season or not.

You won't get a good return for an injured player and you'll pretty much be insuring that it's the last shot on this current window.

« Reply #14 on: February 20, 2013, 07:30:38 PM »

Offline BudweiserCeltic

• Dennis Johnson

You won't get a good return for an injured player and you'll pretty much be insuring that it's the last shot on this current window.

1) We'll see if the return is good. If it isn't there, it isn't there.

2) Considering that we have this exact roster pretty much signed up for 3 years, I don't see the long behind the "insuring it's the last shot on this current window" idea.