Author Topic: Where is Wilcox?  (Read 2178 times)

Re: Where is Wilcox
« Reply #15 on: February 20, 2013, 02:33:56 PM »

Offline pearljammer10

• K.C. Jones
  • Tommy Points: 885
Doc has an undeniable, disgusting infatuation with Collins.

You're right. I mean, Doc seems to want to run smaller lineups and shun legit size, so what does he do? He trots out Collins, who runs like a slug, and keeps the fleet-footed, above-the-rim Wilcox on ice.

This too is also part of the problem.

Re: Where is Wilcox?
« Reply #16 on: February 20, 2013, 03:07:58 PM »

Offline mgent

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 1962
I've been starting to think that Doc is somewhat saving Wilcox for the playoffs.  He's easily our 3rd best big, but he's also kinda injury prone.  With only 4 bigs we really can't afford to afford to lose him, nor can we afford to give such a big liability on offense and on the boards in Collins this many minutes in the playoffs.
Philly:

Anderson Varejao    Tiago Splitter    Matt Bonner
David West    Kenyon Martin    Brad Miller
Andre Iguodala    Josh Childress    Marquis Daniels
Dwyane Wade    Leandro Barbosa
Kirk Hinrich    Toney Douglas   + the legendary Kevin McHale

« Reply #17 on: February 20, 2013, 03:56:09 PM »

Offline yagru

• The Green Kornet
  • Tommy Points: 12
i was thinking that too.. plus i think his thumb is not 100%

« Reply #18 on: February 20, 2013, 04:11:41 PM »

Offline Who

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2401
I think Doc just doesn't have any confidence in him.

I think Wilcox is going to have to stay patient and wait for the opportunities to come up to convince Doc otherwise. He has a long way road to climb.

« Reply #19 on: February 20, 2013, 04:15:21 PM »

Offline snively

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 454

I think Wilcox is going to have to stay patient and wait for the opportunities to come up to convince Doc otherwise. He has a long way road to climb.

If you were in Doc's place would you have more confidence in Collins?   I don't understand Doc sometimes.
2016 CelticsBlog Draft: Chicago Bulls

Head Coach: Fred Hoiberg

Starters: Rubio, Danny Green, Durant, Markieff Morris, Capela
Bench: Sessions, Shumpert, G. Green, T. Booker, Frye
Deep Bench: CJ Watson, H. Thompson, P. Zipser, Papagiannis, Mejri

« Reply #20 on: February 20, 2013, 04:17:12 PM »

Offline CelticConcourse

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 383
  • Jeff Green
Wilcox is top-20 in the league in a lot of stats, I believe
Jeff Green - Top 5 SF

[Kevin Garnett]
"I've always said J. Green is going to be one of the best players to ever play this game"

« Reply #21 on: February 20, 2013, 04:23:03 PM »

Offline Who

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2401

If you were in Doc's place would you have more confidence in Collins?   I don't understand Doc sometimes.

I think Doc likes having his size out there. Legitimate 7 footer at the rim.

Doc seemed really shook by how badly they were defending with their smaller lineups earlier in the season. I think Collins with his size and has just become a false-confidence type situation for Doc.

And I think it;s going to take some really good play from Chris Wilcox to get Doc out of this false idea ... and Wilcox just needs to stay ready until that opportunity comes. Plenty of time between now and playoffs. It'll come at some point.

« Reply #22 on: February 20, 2013, 04:23:35 PM »

Offline Lightskinsmurf

• NCE
  • Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 134
Wilcox and collins both suck. At least collins plays defense tho.

« Reply #23 on: February 20, 2013, 04:23:48 PM »

Offline CelticConcourse

• Paul Silas
  • Jeff Green

Doc seemed really shook by how badly they were defending with their smaller lineups earlier in the season. I think Collins with his size and has just become a false-confidence type situation for Doc.

And I think it;s going to take some really good play from Chris Wilcox to get Doc out of this false idea.

Collins is not bad himself, when he plays 10mpg. I think that's fine.
Jeff Green - Top 5 SF

[Kevin Garnett]
"I've always said J. Green is going to be one of the best players to ever play this game"

« Reply #24 on: February 20, 2013, 04:24:58 PM »

Offline Lightskinsmurf

• NCE
  • Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 134
I've been starting to think that Doc is somewhat saving Wilcox for the playoffs.  He's easily our 3rd best big, but he's also kinda injury prone.  With only 4 bigs we really can't afford to afford to lose him, nor can we afford to give such a big liability on offense and on the boards in Collins this many minutes in the playoffs.

You're giving doc too much credit.

« Reply #25 on: February 20, 2013, 04:27:35 PM »

Offline MBunge

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 471

That's a very astute observation.

Mike

« Reply #26 on: February 20, 2013, 04:39:19 PM »

Offline kozlodoev

• NCE
  • Kevin Garnett
  • Tommy Points: 1294
Neither of them is very good. Unfortunately, both have to play, because we're down to 4 healthy big men.

Not when the minutes are going to Green at the 4, and Bass at the 5. It's an either or with Collins and Wilcox. So no, both don't have to play.

Now, if Doc stopped using Bass at the 5, then we can talk.
Um, no. Garnett and Bass are good for approximately 60 minutes a game. Maybe 65.

The sad reality is we have to give Wilcox and Bass ~10 mins each, and then still have Green in for mop-up duty at the 4.
"I don't know half of you half as well as I should like; and I like less than half of you half as well as you deserve."

« Reply #27 on: February 20, 2013, 04:44:41 PM »

Offline BudweiserCeltic

• Dennis Johnson
  • Tommy Points: 1818
Neither of them is very good. Unfortunately, both have to play, because we're down to 4 healthy big men.

Not when the minutes are going to Green at the 4, and Bass at the 5. It's an either or with Collins and Wilcox. So no, both don't have to play.

Um, no. Garnett and Bass are good for approximately 60 minutes a game. Maybe 65.

The sad reality is we have to give Wilcox and Bass ~10 mins each, and then still have Green in for mop-up duty at the 4.
I assume the last "Bass" was meant to be "Collins".

Don't see your reasoning behind the need to split the minutes between Wilcox and Collins. Wilcox can play 20 minutes and give zero minutes to Collins, maybe the occasional 5 minutes if the unit calls for it.

« Reply #28 on: February 20, 2013, 04:47:43 PM »

Offline kozlodoev

• NCE
  • Kevin Garnett
  • Tommy Points: 1294

I assume the last "Bass" was meant to be "Collins".

Don't see your reasoning behind the need to split the minutes between Wilcox and Collins. Wilcox can play 20 minutes and give zero minutes to Collins, maybe the occasional 5 minutes if the unit calls for it.
Yes, Collins.

I assumed the discussion is why you need to play both, and the simple answer is "not enough bodies".

And typically the need to split time comes because players -- and especially big men -- typically only play in 8-minute stretches. This, and pairings.
"I don't know half of you half as well as I should like; and I like less than half of you half as well as you deserve."

« Reply #29 on: February 20, 2013, 04:49:08 PM »

Offline CelticConcourse

• Paul Silas
  • Jeff Green

You're giving doc too much credit.

We only have 9 players, we really should be using him. It's an EMERGENCY
Jeff Green - Top 5 SF

[Kevin Garnett]