Author Topic: Where is Wilcox?  (Read 2181 times)

Where is Wilcox?
« on: February 20, 2013, 01:58:07 PM »

Offline gar

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 247
  • Strength from Within
Now that J. Green is up and running at a decent clip. Why can't we get Wilcox going. He has not been getting much run and can spell Bass and Garnett. Would rather see more Wilcox and less Collins.
« Last Edit: February 20, 2013, 02:34:28 PM by Redz »

Re: Where is Wilcox
« Reply #1 on: February 20, 2013, 02:01:23 PM »

Offline rocknrollforyoursoul

• Satch Sanders
  • Tommy Points: 325
Would rather see more Wilcox and less Collins.

No joke. I can't believe Collins is getting more burn than C-Dub. Wilcox is never gonna find his rhythm if Doc never gives him enough run.
"There are two kinds of people: those who say to God, 'Thy will be done,' and those to whom God says, 'All right, then, have it your way.'"

"You don't have a soul. You are a Soul. You have a body."

— C.S. Lewis

« Reply #2 on: February 20, 2013, 02:02:08 PM »

Offline sofutomygaha

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 343
I was really sad when I opened this post and there wasn't a giant color drawing with lots of people in it.

I don't want others to have the same disappointment-

« Reply #3 on: February 20, 2013, 02:04:06 PM »

Offline ScottHow

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 354
  • It's what I do! It's who I am!
Not sure where he has been this season. Seems a little lost in general

« Reply #4 on: February 20, 2013, 02:05:23 PM »

Offline BudweiserCeltic

• Dennis Johnson
  • Tommy Points: 1818
Doc has an undeniable, disgusting infatuation with Collins. I liked the Collins signing, but if he's going to be used this way, we need to trade him ASAP just to prevent Doc from misusing him.

« Reply #5 on: February 20, 2013, 02:12:08 PM »

Offline rocknrollforyoursoul

• Satch Sanders
  • Tommy Points: 325
Doc has an undeniable, disgusting infatuation with Collins.

You're right. I mean, Doc seems to want to run smaller lineups and shun legit size, so what does he do? He trots out Collins, who runs like a slug, and keeps the fleet-footed, above-the-rim Wilcox on ice.
"There are two kinds of people: those who say to God, 'Thy will be done,' and those to whom God says, 'All right, then, have it your way.'"

"You don't have a soul. You are a Soul. You have a body."

— C.S. Lewis

« Reply #6 on: February 20, 2013, 02:13:10 PM »

Offline CDawg834

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 57
Doc has an undeniable, disgusting infatuation with Collins. I liked the Collins signing, but if he's going to be used this way, we need to trade him ASAP just to prevent Doc from misusing him.

It's just Doc's love of veterans.  He'd rather have the guy who's consistently below-average than a rookie who shows flashes of greatness but is totally lost 50% of the time.  Not saying he's right or wrong but that's how he does it.

« Reply #7 on: February 20, 2013, 02:16:15 PM »

Offline Fafnir

• Bill Russell
  • Tommy Points: 1327
Wanting a C who makes rotations is a disgusting desire.

Wilcox was pretty useful with Rondo around to manufacture him some dunks. But in the halfcourt without Rondo he's just not going to get it done.

« Reply #8 on: February 20, 2013, 02:16:52 PM »

Offline Fafnir

• Bill Russell
  • Tommy Points: 1327

It's just Doc's love of veterans.  He'd rather have the guy who's consistently below-average than a rookie who shows flashes of greatness but is totally lost 50% of the time.  Not saying he's right or wrong but that's how he does it.
Wilcox has been in the league only one year less than Collins. Doc definitely values being able to correctly rotate on defense. Collins played 11 minutes to Wilcox's 10 for what its worth.

« Reply #9 on: February 20, 2013, 02:23:36 PM »

Offline kozlodoev

• NCE
  • Kevin Garnett
  • Tommy Points: 1294
Where is Wilcox
Exactly where he should be, playing approximately 10 minutes per game.
"I don't know half of you half as well as I should like; and I like less than half of you half as well as you deserve."

« Reply #10 on: February 20, 2013, 02:28:58 PM »

Offline BudweiserCeltic

• Dennis Johnson

Wilcox was pretty useful with Rondo around to manufacture him some dunks. But in the halfcourt without Rondo he's just not going to get it done.

Collins' defensive rotations over Wilcox is not much of a difference maker, Collins does a lot of mistakes too, and slow to recover. Collins defense is not good, unless he's guarding a banger like Howard. In just about most other cases, he's been out-matched.

I'll take the vastly superior efficiency from Wilcox offensively, and better rebounding, and better floor runner. I don't see what Rondo has to do with it, Wilcox's role and impact hasn't changed with or without Rondo, in part because he benefits from pick-and-roll options with Pierce and Terry, and from the better ball movement we're seeing.

« Reply #11 on: February 20, 2013, 02:29:32 PM »

Offline CDawg834

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 57

Wilcox has been in the league only one year less than Collins. Doc definitely values being able to correctly rotate on defense. Collins played 11 minutes to Wilcox's 10 for what its worth.

My comment wasn't so much about "Why is Collins playing over Wilcox?" as much as it was "Why is Collins playing at all?"  :)

« Reply #12 on: February 20, 2013, 02:29:56 PM »

Offline kozlodoev

• NCE
  • Kevin Garnett
  • Tommy Points: 1294

Collins' defensive rotations over Wilcox is not much of a difference maker, Collins does a lot of mistakes too, and slow to recover. Collins defense is not good, unless he's guarding a banger like Howard. In just about most other cases, he's been out-matched.

I'll take the vastly superior efficiency from Wilcox offensively, and better rebounding, and better floor runner. I don't see what Rondo has to do with it, Wilcox's role and impact hasn't changed with or without Rondo, in part because he benefits from pick-and-roll options with Pierce and Terry, and from the better ball movement we're seeing.
Neither of them is very good. Unfortunately, both have to play, because we're down to 4 healthy big men.
"I don't know half of you half as well as I should like; and I like less than half of you half as well as you deserve."

« Reply #13 on: February 20, 2013, 02:31:23 PM »

Offline BudweiserCeltic

• Dennis Johnson

Neither of them is very good. Unfortunately, both have to play, because we're down to 4 healthy big men.

Not when the minutes are going to Green at the 4, and Bass at the 5. It's an either or with Collins and Wilcox. So no, both don't have to play.

Now, if Doc stopped using Bass at the 5, then we can talk.

« Reply #14 on: February 20, 2013, 02:33:14 PM »

Offline pearljammer10

• K.C. Jones
  • Tommy Points: 885
Where is Wilcox
Exactly where he should be, playing approximately 10 minutes per game.

Yeah as much as I like Wilcox he just isnt that good. He is a hustler and can play above the rim, good on the pick and roll. Other than that he is pretty average.

Lets not forget he did have heart surgery last year and was out for 6 weeks with injury. Im hoping playoff time we will see some good Wilcox hustle and pick and roll play for ten to fifteen minutes a game.