Author Topic: Trade Concept: PP and KG to LAC / Jordan to ATL / Bledsoe, Josh Smith to BOS  (Read 1878 times)

Offline ssspence

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 403
http://espn.go.com/nba/tradeMachine/?tradeId=a2pc63y

I'm calling it a concept because I'm not in favor of trading for Smith -- just pointing out that if you buy Wojo's latest article and / or that all the talk of the Clips deal and the Hawks deal are true... aren't these three teams discussing this? It seems to check every significant box:

1) Hawks want a young big for Smith, and get one
2) KG waives no trade because he's going with PP to LAC
3) LAC signs off on deal because they get not just KG, but PP
4) Cs get the players they want -- Smith and Bledsoe
5) Cs can justify to the two players, their fans, and future free agents how and why they traded KG and PP
6) Cs get under the tax threshold

Just sayin'....
Mike

(My name is not Mike)

Offline Birdman

• Satch Sanders
  • Tommy Points: 412
Lol, i was going to propose the same topic!!
C/PF-Horford, Baynes, Noel, Theis, Morris,
SF/SG- Tatum, Brown, Hayward, Smart, Semi, Clark
PG- Irving, Rozier, Larkin

Offline Chris

• Global Moderator
  • Dennis Johnson
  • Tommy Points: 642
While this is intriguing from an asset standpoint, the idea of bringing Smith in without KG and Pierce scares me.  I like him in a structured environment, with strong leaders, and alpha-dogs who can allow him to just do his thing.

But, if its just Smith, Rondo, and a bunch of other young guys, then I just think this team could go in the wrong direction quickly.

Offline Fafnir

• Bill Russell
  • Tommy Points: 1327
While this is intriguing from an asset standpoint, the idea of bringing Smith in without KG and Pierce scares me.  I like him in a structured environment, with strong leaders, and alpha-dogs who can allow him to just do his thing.

But, if its just Smith, Rondo, and a bunch of other young guys, then I just think this team could go in the wrong direction quickly.
Especially with Rondo hurt.

Offline Chris

• Global Moderator
  • Dennis Johnson
  • Tommy Points: 642

Especially with Rondo hurt.

Well, I am thinking more for the future.  This year would be a wash in a deal like this.  You would be making this deal to get Smith on board to then build for the future.

The only way it would make sense to me is if you would then swap Rondo or Bledsoe for an elite scoring wing (or big man, I suppose), and I just am not sure those deals are out there. 

Offline ssspence

• Paul Silas

Completely agree. As I said, I'm connecting dots here...

If the Cs would seriously consider moving KG to LAC AND moving Pierce in a Smith deal, I struggle to see how Ainge, Ferry and whoever runs the show in LAC aren't discussing this.
Mike

(My name is not Mike)

Offline PhoSita

• NCE
  • Robert Parish
  • Tommy Points: 2182
I think there's something to this idea, but I'm a little skeptical that the Hawks would trade Smith for Deandre Jordan and basically nothing else.  Maybe if the Celtics and Clippers each threw in a first round pick.
You’ll have to excuse my lengthiness—the reason I dread writing letters is because I am so apt to get to slinging wisdom & forget to let up. Thus much precious time is lost.
- Mark Twain

Offline Birdman

• Satch Sanders
  • Tommy Points: 412
Rondo, Josh Smith, Jeff Green, Avery Bradley, Eric Bledsoe, Courtney Lee, Brandon Bass, Jared Sullinger, Jason Terry..not a championship team..too many guards and no centers..
C/PF-Horford, Baynes, Noel, Theis, Morris,
SF/SG- Tatum, Brown, Hayward, Smart, Semi, Clark
PG- Irving, Rozier, Larkin

Offline ssspence

• Paul Silas
I think there's something to this idea, but I'm a little skeptical that the Hawks would trade Smith for Deandre Jordan and basically nothing else.  Maybe if the Celtics and Clippers each threw in a first round pick.

I'd say you're overestimating Smith's value. He's certainly is certainly leaving ATL this summer, which kills their leverage. He's a UFA who wants a huge contract from whoever he signs with, and therefore will likely walk to whichever team is stupid enough to overpay him (read: the Suns).

They're getting offers like Jeff Green and Brandon Bass for him. Jordan would be a good get under the circumstances. 
Mike

(My name is not Mike)

Offline ssspence

• Paul Silas
Rondo, Josh Smith, Jeff Green, Avery Bradley, Eric Bledsoe, Courtney Lee, Brandon Bass, Jared Sullinger, Jason Terry..not a championship team..too many guards and no centers..

Hard to imagine the Cs expect to be a finished product for a title the same day they trade away KG and PP....
Mike

(My name is not Mike)

Offline Levis107

• Derrick White
  • Tommy Points: 9
This trade proposal would only be nice if we could take on Odom and somehow grab another expiring deal while shipping out another contract. Then we can make a run at Howard in the offseason to pair with Smith and Rondo. I came up with this but I can't imagine why Atlanta would do it unless we threw in a bunch of picks.
http://espn.go.com/nba/tradeMachine/?tradeId=b8shj8w

Offline celticpride07

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 222
http://espn.go.com/nba/tradeMachine/?tradeId=blx24ky

Combining the 3 rumors it makes sense for all teams

Celtics trade: rondo pierce garnett
Celtics get: bledsoe Howard smith

Lakers trade: Howard
Lakers get: rondo, Jordan

Clippers trade: bledsoe, Jordan
Clippers get garnett

Hawks trade: smith
Hawks get: pierce
Pick 2 Heat: 
Pg: Jennings/Vasquez
Sg: Wade/R. Allen/Rivers
SF: Lebron/M. Williams
PF: Bosh/Humphries
C: B. Lopez/Dalembert/Anthony

Offline ssspence

• Paul Silas
http://espn.go.com/nba/tradeMachine/?tradeId=blx24ky

Combining the 3 rumors it makes sense for all teams

Celtics trade: rondo pierce garnett
Celtics get: bledsoe Howard smith

Lakers trade: Howard
Lakers get: rondo, Jordan

Clippers trade: bledsoe, Jordan
Clippers get garnett

Hawks trade: smith
Hawks get: pierce

Don't go there. Not only are the Lakers and Clippers not trading with each other, but the GM of the Lakers has come out and said: "We're not trading Howard."

The other three teams are clearly active in considering trading the players involved. Thee Lakers are not.
Mike

(My name is not Mike)

Offline Q_FBE

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 243
I came up with this on the Trade Machine:

Boston trades: Rajon Rondo, Brandon Bass, Jared Sullenger
Boston receives: Al Jefferson, ZaZa Pachulia

LAL trades: Dwight Howard, MWP
LAL receives: Josh Smith, Rajon Rondo

Atlanta trades: Josh Smith, Zaza Pachulia
Atlanta receives: Dwight Howard

Utah trades: Al Jefferson
Utah receives: MWP, Brandon Bass, and Jared Sullenger

Boston shores up their frontline while keeping their current backcourt and the SF position intact. Al Jefferson gives them a bonafide low post scoring threat to prevent destructive scoring draughts. Cap flexibility is available at the end of the season.

Atlanta: Gets an opportunity to build a new team around Dwight Howard or sign and trade.

LAL: Become a Dantoni run and gun team. Lower Kobes blood pressure.

Utah: Great future piece in Sullenger..... Bass and MWP are just bench warmers, but the core is intact.

Boston would be going for it this year for sure.
The beatings will continue until morale improves

Offline dreamgreen

• NCE
  • Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 182
So we are small team that would get smaller and come away with less talent than if we made the trades separate?

Sorry this deal doesn't work with me, I would rather trade KG and get back Bledsoe and Jordan, and trade PP for Smith. Maybe the other teams don't want to do it? I don't know.

We can not get smaller though and KG & PP for Bledsoe/Smith? Seems like we are losing to much on that.

Now If we got Bleosoe/Jordan/Smith and Clipps got PP/KG than how bout Butler to Atlanta and some first round picks? This clears cap sapce for their fantasy run at DH12
« Last Edit: February 20, 2013, 06:43:44 PM by dreamgreen »