Author Topic: Hawks going after Dwight Howard?  (Read 3252 times)

Re: Hawks going after Dwight Howard?
« Reply #15 on: February 20, 2013, 05:17:07 PM »

Offline gpap

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 417
I can't imagine Howard staying in Atl

I can't either but on the other hand, Atlanta is just as good a destination for him as anywhere else.

He's from there originally, gets to play with his buddy Smith and he won't have the media scrutiny there as he's had in LA.

Now granted, the question that begs to be asked is "why was he so unhappy in Orlando?" To that end, I have no idea.

« Reply #16 on: February 20, 2013, 05:19:56 PM »

Offline BudweiserCeltic

• Dennis Johnson
  • Tommy Points: 1818
Howard is from Atlanta, I can very well see him signing there. They're a playoff team, got some solid young players there. And they'll still have plenty of room to acquire more impact free-agents.

« Reply #17 on: February 20, 2013, 05:21:33 PM »

Offline Moranis

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 1544
Howard is from Atlanta, I can very well see him signing there. They're a playoff team, got some solid young players there. And they'll still have plenty of room to acquire more impact free-agents.
Exactly and a team with Howard, Smith, Teague, and Lou Williams, would be the second best team in the East and a real threat to Miami for the next 5 years.
2023 Historical Draft - Brooklyn Nets - 9th pick

Bigs - Pau, Amar'e, Issel, McGinnis, Roundfield
Wings - Dantley, Bowen, J. Jackson
Guards - Cheeks, Petrovic, Buse, Rip

« Reply #18 on: February 20, 2013, 05:21:49 PM »

Offline LooseCannon

• NCE
  • Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 950
According to old rumors, what ever that is worth, DH12 has zero interest in the Hawks. But personally I don't think he has any idea **** he wants.

I tend to believe that Howard is the kind of guy who probably values the extra money and year that a team holding his Bird Rights can offer more than the zip code.  I don't see him taking less money to play with buddies.
"The worst thing that ever happened in sports was sports radio, and the internet is sports radio on steroids with lower IQs.” -- Brian Burke, former Toronto Maple Leafs senior adviser, at the 2013 MIT Sloan Sports Analytics Conference

« Reply #19 on: February 20, 2013, 05:22:16 PM »

Offline LooseCannon

• NCE
  • Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 950
Now granted, the question that begs to be asked is "why was he so unhappy in Orlando?" To that end, I have no idea.

Because Stan Van Gundy yelled at him?
"The worst thing that ever happened in sports was sports radio, and the internet is sports radio on steroids with lower IQs.” -- Brian Burke, former Toronto Maple Leafs senior adviser, at the 2013 MIT Sloan Sports Analytics Conference

« Reply #20 on: February 20, 2013, 05:23:06 PM »

Offline BudweiserCeltic

• Dennis Johnson
Exactly and a team with Howard, Smith, Teague, and Lou Williams, would be the second best team in the East and a real threat to Miami for the next 5 years.

I'd imagine that they're trying to get Howard by using Smith, so Horford + Howard is the duo to stay I would think.

« Reply #21 on: February 20, 2013, 05:26:52 PM »

Offline CelticConcourse

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 383
  • Jeff Green

I'd imagine that they're trying to get Howard by using Smith, so Horford + Howard is the duo to stay I would think.

If Smith noes, Howard won't resign. I liked the Horford-Korber deal
Jeff Green - Top 5 SF

[Kevin Garnett]
"I've always said J. Green is going to be one of the best players to ever play this game"

« Reply #22 on: February 20, 2013, 05:27:55 PM »

Offline BudweiserCeltic

• Dennis Johnson

Why? Horford is the better player.

« Reply #23 on: February 20, 2013, 05:31:56 PM »

Offline Moranis

• James Naismith

Why? Horford is the better player.
Dwight and Smith are friends.

« Reply #24 on: February 20, 2013, 05:38:08 PM »

Offline Kane3387

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 944
  • Intensity!!!
This might make LA change their mind.

http://espn.go.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=apjqz4l

KG: "Dude.... What is up with yo shorts?!"

CBD_2016 Cavs Remaining Picks - 14.14

« Reply #25 on: February 20, 2013, 05:39:56 PM »

Offline Moranis

• James Naismith
This might make LA change their mind.

http://espn.go.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=apjqz4l
Atlanta won't do that and the Lakers would probably have Smith than Pierce anyway.

« Reply #26 on: February 20, 2013, 05:41:00 PM »

Offline kozlodoev

• NCE
  • Kevin Garnett
  • Tommy Points: 1294
I can't imagine Howard staying in Atl

I can't either but on the other hand, Atlanta is just as good a destination for him as anywhere else.

He's from there originally, gets to play with his buddy Smith and he won't have the media scrutiny there as he's had in LA.

Atlanta was described as a "distant third" in the list of Howard's desired destinations (after Brooklyn and Dallas) today on ESPN radio (can't remember who Mike and Mike had in studio talking about this).

But whoever he was, he also had other interesting nuggets of info on Howard: for example, that Magic management is close to Howard's family, and it was his family that "guilted" him into picking up his option.
"I don't know half of you half as well as I should like; and I like less than half of you half as well as you deserve."