Author Topic: DeJuan Blair  (Read 1012 times)

DeJuan Blair
« on: February 20, 2013, 08:05:08 AM »

Offline Tr1boy

• Paul Pierce
  • Tommy Points: 867
San Antonio have lowered their demands from a 1st round pick for at least a 2nd round pick in return for Blair.

The way he is built, injury history, i bet very little teams will be interested, even to give up a 2nd. But if i were DA , tomorrow when there is one hour left before the deadline ends and nobody has offered anything for Blair, i would give them our 2nd plus Wilcox and get this Sully type player in return. He will work here

Again mobility is not the best, but he is close to everything sully is for the good and the bad. Short but , long wingspan, can score, works hard and most important can rebound

I hope at worse Danny gets Blair. I won't give up a 1st for him but for a 2nd , anytime

Re: DeJuan Blair
« Reply #1 on: February 20, 2013, 08:06:42 AM »

Offline pearljammer10

• K.C. Jones
  • Tommy Points: 885
Wilcox has, basically, a no trade clause as he needs to approve any deal that hes being shipped out in.

« Reply #2 on: February 20, 2013, 08:11:11 AM »

Offline Who

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2402
I would be willing to give up a 2nd for Blair.

Not sure I'd want to re-sign him in the summer. I would be worried about his contract demands vs on court value. But he would be a good reinforcement for the big man rotation for the remainder of the season. Happy to give up a 2nd to land that.

« Reply #3 on: February 20, 2013, 08:22:18 AM »

Offline csfansince60s

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 2238
Blair is a load in the paint.

As others have alluded to, no rim protection, but he gets good position defensively and for rebounds and can be disruptive in the paint.

He may not run on the break, but compared to our rebounders, he can sure get the braek started. He averages 5/4 in 13 mpg this year and 8/6 in 19 career.

And did I say he could clog the paint?

Definitely worth a second.

« Reply #4 on: February 20, 2013, 08:27:44 AM »

Online wdleehi

• In The Rafters
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 1607
  • Basketball is Newtonian Physics
A 2nd and Collins work.

So does a 2nd and Barbosa.

« Reply #5 on: February 20, 2013, 09:04:20 AM »

Offline Tr1boy

• Paul Pierce
  • Tommy Points: 867
A 2nd and Collins work.

for me the biggest mystery is how does Wilcox who is a role player have a no movement clause?

Ok fine, barb or collins, 2nd and even some cash. They prob want Collins bc they only have three inside presence after losing Blair. Fine by me

Lets get this guy.

I was barfing watching Faried just do whatever he wanted in the interior. At least with Blair, you slow him down

« Reply #6 on: February 20, 2013, 09:10:36 AM »

Online wdleehi

• In The Rafters
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 1607
  • Basketball is Newtonian Physics
A 2nd and Collins work.

for me the biggest mystery is how does Wilcox who is a role player have a no movement clause?

Ok fine, barb or collins, 2nd and even some cash. They prob want Collins bc they only have three inside presence after losing Blair. Fine by me

Lets get this guy.

I was barfing watching Faried just do whatever he wanted in the interior. At least with Blair, you slow him down

it is a Bird Rights protection.  If he is traded at this point, he losses his Bird rights.

« Reply #7 on: February 20, 2013, 09:24:02 AM »

Offline nostar

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 74
I've been singing the DeJuan song for a while now. I wouldn't have given a 1st for him because of his knees but he's easily worth a 2nd rounder and Collins. If SA takes that it should be done.

« Reply #8 on: February 20, 2013, 09:25:35 AM »

Offline Chris

• Global Moderator
  • Dennis Johnson
  • Tommy Points: 642
A 2nd and Collins work.

Wilcox has a no movement clause because of the CBA.

Because he is on a 1 year deal, but has been with the same team for 2 seasons, he would have early bird rights next season if he stays in Boston.  However, if he is traded, he would be giving up those early bird rights.

Anytime a player would be giving up their bird or early bird rights by being traded, they have the right to veto any deal.

It's the same as a player playing on a qualifying offer at the end of their rookie contract.